"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sinestro » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Question:

Did Toriyama say anything on his Twitter regarding Super continuing as a series after the movie? I’m Looking to disprove something an associate said.

“Toriyama stated last week that the movie is the beginning of the next series when the show comes back in 2019.”

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Akira Toriyama does not even have twitter.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:49 pm

Cetra wrote:Akira Toriyama does not even have twitter.
But I have "associates" dude. :roll:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:54 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
First, he's trying to disagree with his associate. Second his associate didn't even mention twitter. You come of sounding like a pompous idiot because of that.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:00 pm

As poorly as hardcorefakes read it, he is right about one thing... my associate read it on “Akira’s“ twitter. (Notice the quotes)

I told him I don’t trust any site but this one. And thus I’m doing my fact-checking here.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:04 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
What kind of nonsensical post is that, "dude"?! Were you actually trying to achieve anything with it? I cannot see anything in it apart from a mocking attempt.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:10 pm

I really don’t expect him to acknowledge his mistake.

But moving on, is there anything I can poInt my associate to to show him that “hey, Akira doesn’t have a Twitter and you should totally get your news from Kanzensuu”?

Edit:

On second thought, I just said exactly that. Hoping he listens. I hate that anyone goes anywhere else to get information.

More like disinformation from anywhere else.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:27 pm

Sinestro wrote:I really don’t expect him to acknowledge his mistake.

But moving on, is there anything I can poInt my associate to to show him that “hey, Akira doesn’t have a Twitter and you should totally get your news from Kanzensuu”?

Edit:

On second thought, I just said exactly that. Hoping he listens. I hate that anyone goes anywhere else to get information.

More like disinformation from anywhere else.
Well, if he says Toriyama-san has twitter he should tell you what he believes his twitter Account is so you can tell him that's not his twitter Account.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Do you guys fear that the only reason Goku was nerfed: not being able to turn UI on his own was to use that as a trump card to defeat the movie villain?

I think this would be terrible we would get a Toei movie esque finale (e.g: Goku turning into SSJ on the final moments in order to defeat Cooler)
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:02 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Do you guys fear that the only reason Goku was nerfed: not being able to turn UI on his own was to use that as a trump card to defeat the movie villain?

I think this would be terrible we would get a Toei movie esque finale (e.g: Goku turning into SSJ on the final moments in order to defeat Cooler)
What if the new villain becomes a new Z-fighter?
Feels over Reals.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:17 pm

RedHeat wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Do you guys fear that the only reason Goku was nerfed: not being able to turn UI on his own was to use that as a trump card to defeat the movie villain?

Because we haven't seen that before :lol:
/s
Get Fucked, C_unt

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:10 pm

RedHeat wrote:

Please no. :shock:
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:33 pm

I doubt well even see it in the movie. I feel kike jiren was just a special occasion of a “mortal beyond god of destruction” i really, really doubt more guys like jiren will just keep showing up again.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:52 pm

RedHeat wrote:

Hey now. We call them Super fighters :p

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:
RedHeat wrote:

Isn't U7-fighters?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:53 pm

Oracle wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:
RedHeat wrote: What if the new villain becomes a new Z-fighter?
Isn't U7-fighters?
Would Freeza even want to be associated with them anymore at this point though?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:22 pm

You know instead of bringing all the universes back would you guys enjoy more if #17 brought all the erased mortals to U7 instead?

by Doctor.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:39 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:You know instead of bringing all the universes back would you guys enjoy more if #17 brought all the erased mortals to U7 instead?
Absolutely not, and I'm glad they didn't go in that direction. It would have detracted from the appeal of possibly venturing to these other universes and may not have even been feasible to start with.

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Goku was never able to use it on his own to begin with & there was never an indication of such.

Having Goku be stronger than a god is stupid. There would literally be no one left to challenge him & no reason for him to grow stronger.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Cursemark505 wrote:Goku was never able to use it on his own to begin with & there was never an indication of such. Having Goku be stronger than a god is stupid. There would literally be no one left to challenge him & no reason for him to grow stronger.
That was not my point: I'm not arguing if MUI or Omen could be used on its own, but the reason to kept this way as for Goku use as a trump card in the final moments of the upcoming movie to defeat the main villain (Like most Toei Z movies)
Marlowe89 wrote:Absolutely not, and I'm glad they didn't go in that direction. It would have detracted from the appeal of possibly venturing to these other universes and may not have even been feasible to start with.
Well, we didn't have much universe exploration and I believe we wouldn't have much considering how Super presented them, U7 is a universe with low mortal level, so populating with others could increase that.

by Doctor.