Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:56 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:It definitely looks like a great piece! Though I'm broke af but I do have the WCF, BWFC, and Grandista on order so I can't wait for those. Would probably also preorder the DXF Special (and maybe May Ichiban Kuji) if it wasn't sold out everywhere.
On another note, bootlegs are being put out crazy fast. I'm already seeing a Blood of Saiyans Rose Black bootleg figure on ebay and that doesn't come out until May
Yeah the same happened for the Grandista Rosé but they got the box completely wrong they thought it would black and pink but it was just the standard white. :lol:

I haven't really pre ordered anything for May. Interested in FES and BoS SSGSSKK Goku if they're ~¥1300 upon release when they come out I'll bite but if they are like the Vegetto Blue Final KMH I'll forget it.

Pre orders for the May IBK are popping up on Yahoo Auc. Someone listed LO Omen UI for ¥6500 but domestic shipping was about ¥1000 and they said they won't refund in case they over charged shipping, so I was like eh probably wait for it to get released and see prices. I already have the main UI Goku pre ordered via Banpresto of Europe, so not really too bothered about getting Omen since same mould but am interested in the Trunks (which won't get released overseas).

Ichiban Kuji prices are so hard to nail like March SSGSS Goku was flirting around ¥3000 when the IBK came out now hitting upwards of ¥6000 meanwhile the SS Goku has gone way down to like ~¥2000. Meanwhile UI and Rosé are holding their value and going up.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:24 am

Out today in Japan Premium Bandai HG ToP Climax Edition:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

(If you're on a PC zoom out to make the pics clearer.)

Set initially pre sold for ~¥5000. Once the pre sold is over (back in Jan) that's it they're basically deemed OOP now. Mine should ship out soon-ish I'd imagine.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:35 pm

I’m probably gonna try and get the Kefla from that set whenever I have the money. The rest don’t seem that amazing though. I have an Ultimate Gohan figure, I’m probably gonna get the Dragon Stars Hit for my Champa arc display, and UI Omen Goku is getting a LO Ichiban Kuji Banpresto figure so it’s not too interesting (besides Kefla) unless you’re collecting the HG series imo.
Off the topic of HG but what do you think is the best Trunks figure in his Super outfit right now? (Not including the Ichiban Kuji since that’s not out yet)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:31 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:I’m probably gonna try and get the Kefla from that set whenever I have the money. The rest don’t seem that amazing though. I have an Ultimate Gohan figure, I’m probably gonna get the Dragon Stars Hit for my Champa arc display, and UI Omen Goku is getting a LO Ichiban Kuji Banpresto figure so it’s not too interesting (besides Kefla) unless you’re collecting the HG series imo.
Off the topic of HG but what do you think is the best Trunks figure in his Super outfit right now? (Not including the Ichiban Kuji since that’s not out yet)
HG series is the definition of hit and miss. The Trunks arc one's were pretty awful but the first ToP set was actually pretty good as there was no deviation from the prototype but the subsequent set was pretty awful looking (prototype) anyway Omen Goku will go nicely with Kafla not really bothered about Hit or Gohan.

As for Trunks...tbh there isn't many options, But I'd recommend the DXF Vol 1 it's still cheap and easily the best DBS Trunks thus far. Vol 2 is just the same mould with SS hair but is far more expensive so not worth it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Review: SCultures BIG 6 Vol2. Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku.

Sculptor: Varoq-san
Release date: May 2016
Market Value: ¥1500.

A great sculpt sadly let down by Banpresto's production and stopped from reaching it's potential. However Varoq still managed to reach 3rd place, but no wonder for this seasons competition he worked hard with Banpresto for the mass production.

Packaging:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Pretty standard.

Figure:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Base (has the logo pretty cool!):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Initial impressions, love the facial expression and pose is pretty cool but the hair is moulded pretty well:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Has the two standard SS2 Goku bangs but I love how the middle bang is actually swaying instead of being straight.

But the crème de la crème of the figure is subtle but nuanced detail in typical Varoq fashion:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Amazing detail on the wristbands! Seriously something most people will likely not pay attention to, meanwhile Varoq is here I am gonna do this right. Also there is nice details of veins amongst the muscles.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Love the curve-ing of the boots! Gives the figure that extra character, just shows the care taken in this.

The colour of the gi is a nice vibrant orange, however this where we get to the cons:

Feel Banpresto put the figure too low on stand but I guess Varoq's sculpt didn't leave them much option I guess, but I wish they clamped it a bit higher, you have to look down on this at a angle. The colour on the hair while okay I feel is too yellow and something more like FES SS would have been better:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Also the hair colouring lacks different shading just one standard colouring definitely 2016-17 era Banpresto!

Overall thoughts and recommendation?
Still a fairly affordable release, a very nice sculpt makes up for any Banpresto shortcomings, easily the best SS2 Goku figure (ever that is), so anyone wanting an SS2 Goku, this comes recommended!

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:50 am

I own this one too! This is the best looking super saiyan 2 Goku by far, the other ones just couldn't get he face right.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:03 pm

SuperNingenGod wrote:I own this one too! This is the best looking super saiyan 2 Goku by far, the other ones just couldn't get he face right.
Definitely and there aren't many SS2 options too.
I just don't like what Banpresto did to the hair colouring. So close to being perfect. Tempted to get the BW version and swap heads and try and paint it myself.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:53 am

So whatever happened to that one figure that got teased and people thought it was eoz Goku?
Any updates?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:22 am

dbgtFO wrote:So whatever happened to that one figure that got teased and people thought it was eoz Goku?
Any updates?
It was just UI Goku. For some reason they decided to blank out Base Goku in EoZ gi... Despite the fact they had no problem blanking UI Goku in the past...

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:27 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:So whatever happened to that one figure that got teased and people thought it was eoz Goku?
Any updates?
It was just UI Goku. For some reason they decided to blank out Base Goku in EoZ gi... Despite the fact they had no problem blanking UI Goku in the past...
Well that's weird :?
But thanks!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Well my Veku WCF has finally been shipped. They still haven’t shipped my UI Goku WCF though. TOM restocked on their Vegito Kamehameha, Nimbus Goku and RoS Goku #2 but the Vegito sold out almost instantly so I’m gonna have to order that via eBay or Mandarake

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:18 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:Well my Veku WCF has finally been shipped. They still haven’t shipped my UI Goku WCF though. TOM restocked on their Vegito Kamehameha, Nimbus Goku and RoS Goku #2 but the Vegito sold out almost instantly so I’m gonna have to order that via eBay or Mandarake
Nice! I just bought the AnimeJapan DBS movie clear file for ¥400 to add to my April shipments (SWSP UI Goku, VS #04 gashapon and Omen UDM #31 set and recently have IBK Rosé waiting in the proxies warehouse). Grandista Bardock is Z branded so I'm not worried about get tha straight away, should be available for months fairly cheap.

May I don't have anything pre ordered. Tempted by FES and BoS KK Goku but like Vegetto Blue I'm gonna wait to see their release date prices are before deciding yah or nah.

Speaking of Mandrake I was on their yesterday and saw the winning SCultures 6 Goku at ¥2000:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It recently hit ¥3000+ on other main Japanese sites so I'd recommend that then if someone is in need of an SS3. I was tempted but remembered I have a 2013 DW IBK SS3 on it's way!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:26 pm

I’ve seen that around and it looks amazing. Probably gonna get that for a Buu Saga Display (when I have the money) with the Buu Scultures since I’m not as much of a fan of the S.H. Figuarts figures compared to Banpresto statues. Also didn’t know there was already clear files for the movie. Might order that eventually but I’m more focused on the statues/figures right now. As for SSB KK Goku, I’m personally using the Cho Shingi Den (still don’t have the aura but I saw it on eBay recently and may eventually buy it) for my (future) Universe 6 vs 7 Display but if I hadn’t bought that, I’d definitely say get the FES one.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:04 pm

I have all these save on a word document but don't always have access to it so figured post it here document it, well it maybe helpful to you guys too:

バンプレスト Banpresto
バンダイ Bandai
ショウワノート Showa Note
ドラゴンボール超 Dragon Ball Super
アルティメットディフォルメマスコット バースト Ultimate Deformed Mascot
超サイヤ人ゴッド超サイヤ人 SSGSS
孫悟空 Goku
フィギュア Figure
身勝手の極意 Ultra Instinct

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:00 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:I’ve seen that around and it looks amazing. Probably gonna get that for a Buu Saga Display (when I have the money) with the Buu Scultures since I’m not as much of a fan of the S.H. Figuarts figures compared to Banpresto statues. Also didn’t know there was already clear files for the movie. Might order that eventually but I’m more focused on the statues/figures right now. As for SSB KK Goku, I’m personally using the Cho Shingi Den (still don’t have the aura but I saw it on eBay recently and may eventually buy it) for my (future) Universe 6 vs 7 Display but if I hadn’t bought that, I’d definitely say get the FES one.
See I have the regular SSGSS FES but the KK one is the exact same mould incl facial expression. I can't bring myself to get it. Cho Shingi Den I refuse to play Banpresto's stupid games with this dumb chase thing their doing. So that leaves the BoS KK Goku, I love the base mould but the hair unfortunately continues the line's shiny aesthetic so idk.

Same re:SHF the articulation points looks nasty to me and Bandai don't put effort in them. Rosé missing his loose hair strand, SSGSS Goku has no protruding bang. And they're charging premium prices to miss details like those bah!

By the way that SS3 has kanji on the gi, dunno if that will bother you for your Buu display, it certainly would for me lol.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:10 am

Exactly! That’s probably why the Figuarts look off to me. And the SSJ3 Goku Kanji thing isn’t the worst thing in the world for me. As for the KK situation, I’d say wait for BoS but I know you don’t like shiny hair on figures and that’s kinda what that line is all about, so FES would probably be the best option but you already have the normal one so I have no idea

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:45 pm

While listening to "Bee Gees: One Night Only" decided to update the OP! Done the Banpresto side also linked to my reviews on here under the line image.

Any feedback on how to organise the OP etc will be appreciated! Still need to comb over the Bandai section and add logos etc.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:33 pm

Unless I missed something, there hasn't been a lot of merchandise of Jiren? I've seen one figure (not sure brand) but otherwise the rest is chibi

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:48 pm

Yeah. All I’ve seen of him are the HG figure, the VS figure (both not very good) the UDM figure (Chibi) and the WCF figure (Chibi). I’m probably missing something but that’s what I know off the top of my head.
Edit: I forgot the Adverge Jiren (Also Chibi)
However, there are some new HG figures coming out https://twitter.com/p_bandai/status/979 ... 16320?s=21

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:02 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:Yeah. All I’ve seen of him are the HG figure, the VS figure (both not very good) the UDM figure (Chibi) and the WCF figure (Chibi). I’m probably missing something but that’s what I know off the top of my head.
Edit: I forgot the Adverge Jiren (Also Chibi)
However, there are some new HG figures coming out https://twitter.com/p_bandai/status/979 ... 16320?s=21
Yeah still no SSGSS. EVO.... Sigh. Ain't happening I guess. My prediction was UI, SSGSS.EVO, FP Jiren & GoD Toppo.

But another SSGSS Goku? I love Goku I love SSGSS but that's just ridiculous...

Also they're still charging 5,184 yen for 4 figures...

(I'll still probably pre order... :lol:)