Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Puaru
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Puaru » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:17 pm

How weak is Gohan?

I'd say he is only barely stronger than Dyspo, who was so weak that he didn't even hurt the likes of Hit, SSGGoku and Golden Freeza (they were just overwhelmed by his speed). So in other words, Gohan is really really weak.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
Simere wrote:I'll be surprised to even see Jiren again, much less have a rematch.
Yeah, the only way I can really see it happening is if Goku ventures to Universe 11 for some reason.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:And a villian manytimes stronger than him i gind unlikel until a couple arcs after his introduction.
Toriyama is still threating hakaishin level very seriously.
Just some helpful advice, but you know that you can just use the edit button, right? There's no need to clutter the thread with needless Jiren hypotheticals when you can just throw all of this nonsense into a single post.
Nice, call it nonsense cause you cant agree. Thats how to win an argument, right?

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Jiren

Goku and Vegeta ( Can’t put Goku #1 as he can’t tap into UI at will)

Toppo

Hit

End of series top 5 ( no gods or fusions )

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:And that's why I subscribe to the strength of one's blows and their weight/momentum, rather the strength of the person in their entirety.

===

I can tell that this is just one of those things no one can ever agree on, like many strength debates in this franchise.

At least we'll always have this in the downtime between productions :lol:
At the moment Jiren defended that punch, Vegeta was injured because of the fight against Toppo (something that Jiren himself says in the beginning), so it's actually quite impressive that his strength still surprises Jiren

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:38 pm

Puaru wrote:How weak is Gohan?

I'd say he is only barely stronger than Dyspo, who was so weak that he didn't even hurt the likes of Hit, SSGGoku and Golden Freeza (they were just overwhelmed by his speed). So in other words, Gohan is really really weak.
He definitely hurt Hit. He dropped him on his ass a few times.

In terms of raw power I'd say Gohan was above Hit. Hit probably isn't as strong as we were lead to believe originally. He's certainly nowhere near as powerful as Golden Frieza, not even close.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Bullza wrote:

In terms of raw power I'd say Gohan was above Hit. Hit probably isn't as strong as we were lead to believe originally. He's certainly nowhere near as powerful as Golden Frieza, not even close.
Perhaps THAT'S where Hit, Gohan and 17 fit.

Enough strength that, in a straight brawl, they CAN fight with SSB-level opponents like Toppo or Goku, but will ultimately lose out and are inferior in power; this power seems to rest somewhere between SSG and SSB, which sounds about right.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:59 pm

How does Pre-fusion Piccolo compare to the base saiyans?(Android saga Pre-ROSAT)

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:16 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:How does Pre-fusion Piccolo compare to the base saiyans?(Android saga Pre-ROSAT)
Almost certainly superior, at least if one assumes that Super Saiyan was and still is a 50 times boost.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:07 pm

How strong do you guys think Piccolo is in the Tournament of Power? I am rather puzzled as far as the strength in general. I see him as the 6th strongest fighter on the team (behind 17,Goku,Vegeta,Gohan and Freeza) but where does he stand in the rest of the series? Stronger than Super Buu? He was made out to be much weaker than Super Buu during the ROF arc and it is just a matter of how much stronger he got since then

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:22 pm

As I've previously noted a few pages back, the anime doesn't give us a lot (or enough, even) to work with. He's supposedly equal to 17, but you could have those characters pretty much anywhere between the current SS3 and SSB without any significant conflicts.

I'm personally lowballing them at the moment to be on the safe side, but I'm also hoping that the manga will provide more clarification on their exact power so that I can adjust my own list. By extension, that would also give us a better idea of where to place the U6 Namekians and Koichiarator.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:17 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Bullza wrote:

Perhaps THAT'S where Hit, Gohan and 17 fit.

Enough strength that, in a straight brawl, they CAN fight with SSB-level opponents like Toppo or Goku, but will ultimately lose out and are inferior in power; this power seems to rest somewhere between SSG and SSB, which sounds about right.
Dyspo WAS damaging golden freeza and ssb level opponents as well. Was it minimum damage? Sure, but any damage is still damage. Dyspo i think deserves to be in the ssb category of power in his maximum speed mode.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:41 am

PFM18 wrote:How strong do you guys think Piccolo is in the Tournament of Power? I am rather puzzled as far as the strength in general. I see him as the 6th strongest fighter on the team (behind 17,Goku,Vegeta,Gohan and Freeza) but where does he stand in the rest of the series? Stronger than Super Buu? He was made out to be much weaker than Super Buu during the ROF arc and it is just a matter of how much stronger he got since then
SS2 tier.

He solos the entirety of Z.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:46 am

ZombieVito wrote:
PFM18 wrote:How strong do you guys think Piccolo is in the Tournament of Power? I am rather puzzled as far as the strength in general. I see him as the 6th strongest fighter on the team (behind 17,Goku,Vegeta,Gohan and Freeza) but where does he stand in the rest of the series? Stronger than Super Buu? He was made out to be much weaker than Super Buu during the ROF arc and it is just a matter of how much stronger he got since then
SS2 tier.

He solos the entirety of Z.
I would say his low Super Saiyan tier at best, he was no match for Frost, much less SS1 Goku. Hell, even in the tournament, they've been showing that he might only be in the same league as the base form Saiyans.

I would say at best, he would be in similar tier to regular fat buu, whose been shown to be roughly in the same league as the base form Saiyans, or even greater than base form Saiyans.

His definitely still in Z levels of power.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:53 am

Well, let's see, after the Cell Games, Piccolo was just behind the Cell Jrs, he kept training on his own, became a sitter since the Buu Arc where he was outclassed the whole arc and resumed training seriously with Ultimate Gohan in Super, so I guess he could be at Perfect Cell's level from the Cell Games. Maybe Dabura tier at best?
Don't know how strong Frost is, so I have no idea how to compare them, but I don't think Frost is Buu arc tier either.

picc
Beyond Newbie

Post by picc » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:24 am

Manga or anime?

In the manga, he's basically even with Frost. Who is clearly below SSJ1, but far above base.
Planet Namek Bred

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:54 am

People still think buu arc levels are relavent?
I guess people dont know the concept of power creep

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:04 am

Piccolo should be comparable to Super Buu at least. He managed to hold his own to Ultimate Gohan, after defeating SSJ2 Gohan.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:52 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Of course we will see him again. Yall guys acting as if you didnt see episode 131. A rematch is guaranteed.
People say the same thing with Goku and Beerus.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:42 am

Who would you guys say are the top 10 unfused mortals as of the end of Super?

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:04 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:Who would you guys say are the top 10 unfused mortals as of the end of Super?
1. Geran
2. Toppo
3. Goku/Vegeta
4. Dyspo
5. Hit
6. Freeza
7. Gohan or 17
8. Gohan or 17
9. Goku Black
10. U6 Namekians or Future Trunks
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"