How is the FighterZ patch for you?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

How is the FighterZ patch for you?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:16 pm

About time they gave players an option to either play offline or online out the gates though I still find the main menu revolving around the lobby system unnecessary.

Characters have been balanced out with #16 have less potent armor properties and Vegeta's assist being nefted.

Lastly, what character do you like to see for DLC? We already got Bardock and Broly.

Here's some I expect to see at some point:

Master Roshi
Super Vegito
Gogeta
Cooler
Janemba
Caulifla (w/ Kale) or Kefla
Jiren

Here's some moveset concepts and reference sheets I created over time:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2017/ ... -fighterz/
https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... e-version/
https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2017/11/06/359/

https://www.imgur.com/gallery/0x5Eq
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Re: How is the FighterZ patch for you?

Post by Lightdasher » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Despite watching it here and there, I don't have the game (haven't even played), so my opinion probably isn't very valued.

That said, to answer the second question, I'd like Super Vegito definitely. Considering the approach of the game and style of the character, though, I wonder if that's very worth the effort because there are already enough similar characters pre-existing. Perhaps Janemba would make for a more unique character if given an emphasis on his teleportation and swordplay. I'd also like Kefla, especially if either of her fusees are to be considered. With the game getting limited numbers for DLC characters, probably best to hit two birds with one stone, akin to Gotenks.
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:53 am

The guy who originally leaked the DLC (which has been right so far with Broly, Bardock, Base Goku, and Base Vegeta) posted a second leak for the "second season" of DLC, it's as follows:

Tapion & Gogeta
Muten Roshi & Videl (w/ Great Saiyaman)
Raditz and Zarbon
Cabba and Kale (w/ Caulifla)

Take it with a grain of salt, but he has been right so far on the first season DLC... Raditz and Zarbon seem like really, really peculiar picks though, and the fact that there's no Jiren makes me doubt this DLC is real.

I also don't know why it would be Kale w/ Caulifla instead of Caulifla w/ Kale, especially considering we already have Broly in the game.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments ... scvi_dbfz/

And for those unaware, the first season DLC which he's predicted right so far is:

Broly & Bardock (confirmed)
Base Goku & Base Vegeta (confirmed)
Vegito Blue & Merged Zamasu
Android 17 & Cooler (there are narrator voice files for Cooler in the game already)

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:18 pm

Asura wrote:The guy who originally leaked the DLC (which has been right so far with Broly, Bardock, Base Goku, and Base Vegeta) posted a second leak for the "second season" of DLC, it's as follows:

Tapion & Gogeta
Raditz and Zarbon

Take it with a grain of salt, but he has been right so far on the first season DLC... Raditz and Zarbon seem like really, really peculiar picks though, and the fact that there's no Jiren makes me doubt this DLC is real.

I also don't know why it would be Kale w/ Caulifla instead of Caulifla w/ Kale, especially considering we already have Broly in the game.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments ... scvi_dbfz/

And for those unaware, the first season DLC which he's predicted right so far is:

Broly & Bardock (confirmed)
Base Goku & Base Vegeta (confirmed)
Vegito Blue & Merged Zamasu
Android 17 & Cooler (there are narrator voice files for Cooler in the game already)
Are base Goku/Vegeta confirmed? I didn't see them in any scans or announcements for them.

Besides the incomplete models, which isn't a confirmation, I haven't seen anything yet.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:05 pm

Why else would they have a model of Vegeta in his Saiyan armor in the game files?

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Asura wrote:Why else would they have a model of Vegeta in his Saiyan armor in the game files?
They also had an icon for changing costumes in the game files. Neither means anything until they are actually implemented into the game.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:28 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Asura wrote:Why else would they have a model of Vegeta in his Saiyan armor in the game files?
They also had an icon for changing costumes in the game files. Neither means anything until they are actually implemented into the game.
And why would Base Vegeta be a costume for Super Saiyan Vegeta? Given how accurate ArcSys is trying to be with the game, it wouldn’t make much sense to have a skin for base Saiyan armor Vegeta that can do Big Bang Attacks and Final Flashes.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:48 pm

Alternate costumes. Goku's model is shown for Bardock's vision of Goku and Freeza, so it could've been in the files for that. We don't know until it's announced.
Asura wrote: And why would Base Vegeta be a costume for Super Saiyan Vegeta? Given how accurate ArcSys is trying to be with the game, it wouldn’t make much sense to have a skin for base Saiyan armor Vegeta that can do Big Bang Attacks and Final Flashes.

An alternate costume isn't gonna ruin the moveset and cred they've been doing. Plenty of games have had Goku and Vegeta's Saiyan Saga outfits with SSJ, moves and such, it could just be for fan service. Also base Vegeta kinda did a final flash against Recoome, just color it blue lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:24 am

So they're actually not confirmed. Thanks.
That being said, they are likely but we'll know soon enough.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:41 am

This is not the first time we've seen this list leaked. It's disappointing, but it's been looking like a very safe DLC roster for a while now. When Broly is the most original character on the list, you know there's some problems.

Controversial opinion; I'd be fine with a couple more Gokus...but not Vegetas. I feel like there's enough left in Goku to play around with to warrant another character. You could make a moveset around the Power Pole, Nimbus, Kaioken, Ultra Instinct, possibly Dragon Fist and Spirit Bomb. Whereas Vegeta has pretty much all his moves covered except for the Oozaru transformation for Saiyan saga (which would have to be a cinematic level 3 at most) or the Final Explosion for Majin Vegeta or...ugh, Super Saiyan Blue Evolved. I don't think that's worth building a new character around.

Only other Vegeta I'd actually like to see is Baby Vegeta, just so he can be a weird counterpart to Goku Black.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Kataphrut wrote:This is not the first time we've seen this list leaked. It's disappointing, but it's been looking like a very safe DLC roster for a while now. When Broly is the most original character on the list, you know there's some problems.

Controversial opinion; I'd be fine with a couple more Gokus...but not Vegetas. I feel like there's enough left in Goku to play around with to warrant another character. You could make a moveset around the Power Pole, Nimbus, Kaioken, Ultra Instinct, possibly Dragon Fist and Spirit Bomb. Whereas Vegeta has pretty much all his moves covered except for the Oozaru transformation for Saiyan saga (which would have to be a cinematic level 3 at most) or the Final Explosion for Majin Vegeta or...ugh, Super Saiyan Blue Evolved. I don't think that's worth building a new character around.

Only other Vegeta I'd actually like to see is Baby Vegeta, just so he can be a weird counterpart to Goku Black.
Personally, this is how I think the DLC Packs will (probably) be:

Season Pass 1
Master Roshi
Kid Goku
Super Vegito (can transform into SSGSS)
Bardock (confirmed)
Cooler (preferably Meta)
Broly
Janemba
Caulifla (w/ Kale, can fuse into Kefla)

Season Pass 2
Goku (Normal, but can transform into Super Saiyan God or Ultra Instinct)
Vegeta (Scouter)
Gogeta
Raditz
Omega Shenron
Fused Zamasu
Jiren

[spoiler]You probably know where I'm going here with the list since we're both regulars on Gamefaqs but the difference is I replaced Bojack with Fused Zamasu.[/spoiler]
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Asura wrote:The guy who originally leaked the DLC (which has been right so far with Broly, Bardock, Base Goku, and Base Vegeta) posted a second leak for the "second season" of DLC, it's as follows:

Tapion & Gogeta
Raditz and Zarbon

Since Broly is already in the game, I imagine they'd go with SS2 Kale instead of her Berserk form to make her more distinct and to take advantage of the girls' tag team moves.