Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Post by Artorias » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Jord wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Jord wrote:
I don't care if it's "canon" or not. I enjoy it and to me it works a lot better than a shoehorned in-series where there is never a sense of danger since the end result is already known. (see the end of Z's episodes)

The great thing about long series like these is that you can watch what you want and like it. If you dislike GT, don't watch it and enjoy the DB-DBZ storyline. If you like GT but dislike Super just watch DB-Z-GT. You don't need someone else's validation to enjoy the series the way you want to. Hell, if you want you could skip all episodes with Piccolo in them for all I care. If you enjoy a Picccolo-less series, then that's great.
Canon matters in moments like this when you say that 17's Evolution into Super 17 is tragic, because, well, they're two different 17s. Nobody is saying that non canon means not fun, or entertaining. But if you talk about Super, then ignore GT, if you talk about GT ignore Super. You can't say that the same 17 that won the ToP is the one who became Super 17. It's either one or the other.
Actually, they're both the same 17. The cyborg created by Gero. You can easily see that for yourself by looking at the conversations he has with 18 in Z, Super and GT. The fact that he got more backstory and wears a different shirt may seem confusing but there's no conflict in the story line that contradicts this. Yes, he may seem like a good person now but let's not forget that Myuu and Gero synched up Hell's version of 17 with the regular version of 17, the one we see in Z and Super, and messed him up. If there's one thing that Super did right, it's improving this short GT saga.
I don't want to go down the same rabbit hole that everyone goes down in regards to "canon", but you're being a bit stubborn here. GT DIRECTLY contradicts Super in several ways. They don't exist in the same continuity. The 17 you see in GT is not the same 17 you see in Super. This isn't really debatable. You're essentially just making up headcanon fanfiction, which I guess is fine, but don't try to pass it off like it's legitimate.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:19 am

Will there be a day where we actually see No.17's family?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:38 am

Freeza9000 wrote:Will there be a day where we actually see No.17's family?
They're like quantum particles. They'll change position if observed :lol:

Luffy123

Post by Luffy123 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:42 am

u know Frieza is a ruthless dictator who has exterminated multiple planets and ruled galaxies when people say its good that he got revived i wonder do u guys remember what he has done

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:46 am

Luffy123 wrote:u know Frieza is a ruthless dictator who has exterminated multiple planets and ruled galaxies when people say its good that he got revived i wonder do u guys remember what he has done
I think they mean good in terms of narrative potential.

But honestly, given how some people on the internet can be, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few odd folks that actually would still say yes in the sense you're thinking of Xd

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:18 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I think they mean good in terms of narrative potential.

But honestly, given how some people on the internet can be, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few odd folks that actually would still say yes in the sense you're thinking of Xd
Actually, I could see there being an argument that Frieza's return is good for the universe. In Frieza's absence, planets have been going to war because they saw weakness in the empire. With him back, those wars will end.

I know that Xenoverse and FighterZ aren't canon, but they both portray Frieza as evil, but a lawful evil, and I tend to agree with that portrayal. While prone to outbursts, Frieza values rules and fairness, and he follows those rules himself. According to Ginyu in FighterZ, the Frieza Force has an excellent health care plan, the best health equipment money can buy, and if you serve him well, he may even reward you with a planet. He doesn't sound like the worst boss in the world.

It should also be noted that Goku promised to stop Frieza if he did anything bad. So that could keep Frieza in check, at least until he thinks he's strong enough to take Goku on.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:25 pm

The thing about Freeza is that a good chunk of the cast can take him out whenever they want. Hell, Whis could literally kill him with a thought.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Gligarman wrote:The thing about Freeza is that a good chunk of the cast can take him out whenever they want. Hell, Whis could literally kill him with a thought.
The thing is Beerus and Whis have no reason to kill Freeza and that's why they let him conquer half the universe for years in the past.

That's why Beerus told Whis to give him back his life, he doesn't care that he exists.

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:50 pm

precita wrote:The thing is Beerus and Whis have no reason to kill Freeza and that's why they let him conquer half the universe for years in the past.

That's why Beerus told Whis to give him back his life, he doesn't care that he exists.
Well, there are SSBKKx20 Goku and SS Dark Blue Vegeta, who significantly outperformed GoD Toppo, who in turn stomped Golden Freeza. Also, Goku hat UI Omen and Full UI and might be able to reattain it, once things go dire, so Freeza attacking earth would be insane.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:36 pm

I really enjoyed the final episode. It gave Android 17 an amazing redemption for everything he ever did (DBZ) and him bringing back so many that was lost was an amazing thing.

Also, it was just an overall solid episode and very happy with it. Cant wait to see what next is in store.
-Mark

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Haven't yet seen this be mentioned, but I'm guessing the people that expected Ultra Instinct to have that red aura from the promotional poster aren't too happy... always thought that was a red herring, no pun intended. SSG initially had a blue aura to it in the trailer for BoG so...

Personally, I feel a red aura would have "clashed" with Jiren's a bit too much, but that's just me.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:16 pm

You know I just realized. A lot of people at first were wondering where Frost was...but from when I saw the episode, I could of swore I saw Fuwa missing, not Frost.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:56 am

DainIronfoot wrote:You know I just realized. A lot of people at first were wondering where Frost was...but from when I saw the episode, I could of swore I saw Fuwa missing, not Frost.
He's in Hit's pocket dimension now that Hit finally came out of it.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:52 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:Will there be a day where we actually see No.17's family?
They're like quantum particles. They'll change position if observed :lol:
Never thought I'd get someone mentioning Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle in a Dragonball forum lol

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:14 pm

gofishus wrote:
Well to be honest, the End of Z has the same issues, and that's supposed to be 'canon'. Doesn't exactly match up though. Why doesn't Goku know SSJ Blue? Does this make Uub have the potential to be more powerful than Jiren since Goku is so interested in him? Where is Beerus and Whis? The ending of Super creates a big problem with both EoZ (which is canon) and GT (which is not but fits better with EoZ than Super does)
Goku like fighting Buu and wanted his own student. Kid Buu can copy other moves, so maybe Uub can learn how to copy UI. I feel like Super creates less holes in the manga ending than fitting in with GT. As for Goku not using SSjB, he didn't want to use his full power just yet on Uub since he is still just a kid.

The only major thing that I feel like Super that contradict with the manga ending is that they said that they had 10 years of peace which they didn't and Goku saying Buu is the strongest villain that he has fought.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:You people who try to synch up Super and GT make me facepalm so damn hard...

...That's right, you can't explain this. GT =/= Super. Deal with it. Nobody is saying that GT is trash, but it's a different continuation, and whoever says otherwise is just delusional
Please don't post like this. You can explain your point without being boorish and condescending to people.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:51 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Goku like fighting Buu and wanted his own student. Kid Buu can copy other moves, so maybe Uub can learn how to copy UI. I feel like Super creates less holes in the manga ending than fitting in with GT. As for Goku not using SSjB, he didn't want to use his full power just yet on Uub since he is still just a kid.

The only major thing that I feel like Super that contradict with the manga ending is that they said that they had 10 years of peace which they didn't and Goku saying Buu is the strongest villain that he has fought.
Meh. There are plenty of plot holes in the whole series. In Dragon Ball, bodies had to be preserved in capsules so that Shenron could revive them later. Then they just stopped doing that in Z. Near the end of Dragon Ball, Piccolo Jr. registered in the World Martial Arts Tournament under the name Ma Junior. During the tournament, he reveals that he's the reincarnation of the same Piccolo who threatened the king and blew up entire cities. Then during the Buu arc, he enters the tournament under the SAME NAME. He doesn't do anything to hide his identity, yet no one recognizes him!?

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:52 am

Kaboom wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:You people who try to synch up Super and GT make me facepalm so damn hard...

...That's right, you can't explain this. GT =/= Super. Deal with it. Nobody is saying that GT is trash, but it's a different continuation, and whoever says otherwise is just delusional
Please don't post like this. You can explain your point without being boorish and condescending to people.
My man, I was not beign rude. Stop overreacting, please
Get Fucked, C_unt

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:31 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote: My man, I was not beign rude. Stop overreacting, please
I think he was talking about the facepalm part, it's just a free (even if light) provocation lol

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:11 pm

I just realized that this episode kind of contradicts what the anime had previously shown us regarding Mojito. When U9 was erased, he let out a devious smirk, which clearly suggested that he resented his universe, and was happy that he no longer had to deal with their incompetence. In this episode however, he was shown smiling along with the other angels when all the universes were brought back. It kind of makes you wonder what exactly was the point in making him seem like such a dick previously. Was it just to make Universe 9’s erasure seem more unsettling?