"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:52 pm

Bardock being a rushdown character that can close gaps makes him my new main without a doubt.

Now I can have Bardock (Point) Ginyu (Battery) and Freeza (Anchor) as my Freeza Force team which is nice.

...Now I just gotta figure out which colors look best on the team which is the hardest part for me.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:10 am

Gameplay is out

Bardock looks hella fun to play as

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:25 pm

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Broly looks great, but Bardock is okay at best.
At least they did the right thing of using his base form as main and only use his SSJ for Lv3. That's how I would do his character too.

I'm still disappointed his Lv3 doesn't include this though:

A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:12 am

More DLC gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Zm80Hy_J0
FortuneSSJ wrote:I'm still disappointed his Lv3 doesn't include this though:
I miss this too, seems like they did not included his grappling-stuff in this game.
This is also missing:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Although, it's not that much of a big deal to me, everything else is fine.
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
LightBing wrote: Characters who won't be in:
Bardock - He's uninteresting by himself, contributes to Goku fatigue and has no connection to any of the new material. I'm very confident they'll stay clear from him.
LightBing wrote:More information on Broly and Bardock.
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s742/sh/ ... 440998f098

Bardock might just earn himself a role in my team.
Well, I'm glad you are at least are going to give him a chance.
This was also my opinion, altough at the time when the game only had about 10-15 characters revealed and two of them were SSJ and SSB Gokus. I still think that there are more interesting characters to add this game with more unique gameplay potential then Bardock, but since Bardock is one of the most popular characters, I understand why they went with him.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:12 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: I'm still disappointed his Lv3 doesn't include this though:

Yeah, I figured they'd use that and toss the opponent into the air for the finishing beam at the end instead of a similar Lvl 3 SSJ Goku has.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:07 am

I don't understand specs too much, and I can't think of anywhere else to ask this, but I recently bought a new Surface Pro with 8 GB RAM and i5 processor. Can FighterZ play on this? Even on the lightest settings? I checked Steam and some specs match up, but not too sure about the graphics. I really want to play this game, but I don't want to waste $60 if it won't work.
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:41 pm

DBZfan29 wrote:I don't understand specs too much, and I can't think of anywhere else to ask this, but I recently bought a new Surface Pro with 8 GB RAM and i5 processor. Can FighterZ play on this? Even on the lightest settings? I checked Steam and some specs match up, but not too sure about the graphics. I really want to play this game, but I don't want to waste $60 if it won't work.
The game is incredibly well optimized. Ultimately, you can just buy it on Steam and refund it if your computer can't run it well enough to your liking.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:06 pm

DBZfan29 wrote:I don't understand specs too much, and I can't think of anywhere else to ask this, but I recently bought a new Surface Pro with 8 GB RAM and i5 processor. Can FighterZ play on this? Even on the lightest settings? I checked Steam and some specs match up, but not too sure about the graphics. I really want to play this game, but I don't want to waste $60 if it won't work.
If you search google there's websites that let you input your specs and tell how well it runs the game. You probably don't need to worry the game isn't heavy at all, like most fighting games. Unless you have a complete potato it will run.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:16 pm

You made the same faux pas most spec appraisal questions make and did not give us either GPU- the the thing that will actually answer the question- or your specific model so we could look it up for you. No one can help without one of those. That the first Microsoft result I see when searching for Surface Pros on the face of it do not even mention a GPU is not a good sign. :think:
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:00 am

We've got our DLC #1 Dramatic Finishes confirmed.
[spoiler]All are done by winning with a Heavy
Freeza beating Bardock in Space
Bardock beating Freeza in Space
Goku SSj beating Broly in Space
Gohan beating Broly in Plains (Dunno if this one requires having SSj Goku in your party)[/spoiler]
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:31 am

Saw all of the new finishes except the one where Freeza defeats Bardock. Bardock defeating Freeza is by far the coolest unfortunately the reference ins't of my favorite material, oh well it exists and I'll have to deal with it.

I'm glad they aren't holding back on this valuable content even in the DLC, I just want them to make it more accessible I still haven't had a single one in hundreds of matches.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:25 am

New dramatic finishes:
[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylYbmPOIjm8
well, except Freeza's on Bardock.[/spoiler]

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:16 pm

If I buy the Anime Music Pack from Steam/PS4 can I just listen to the songs without the game?
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:04 pm

KayDash wrote:New dramatic finishes:
[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylYbmPOIjm8
well, except Freeza's on Bardock.[/spoiler]
That Bardock finish is literally everything. My God :o

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:18 pm

I absolutely love the Broly dramatic finishes.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:55 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:If I buy the Anime Music Pack from Steam/PS4 can I just listen to the songs without the game?
No. And bear in mind. These are TV-sized openings and endings meaning they'll last around a minute, followed by a short pause and loop again.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:51 am

A few things to note, and some reminders:

- Simply pushing the "strong attack" button to trigger the Dramatic Finish won't work with Freezer since it doesn't blast away the opponent, unlike many other characters. So you can warp-strike instead, it works.

- We have our first "imaginary finish", showing a victory that never happened. Since it is now clear that they are okay with imagining new outcomes, this could pave the way for many more Dramatic Finishes than we could have anticipated.

- Don't forget that the music of the cutscene will be the one of the fight, which you can choose. This is how you can find much more appropriate BGM to go with the cutscenes. So browse the stage themes and the character themes to have more than 30 different pieces of music that could be much better than the one of the current stage, such as the Kikuchi-esque "Cavern" track for Freezer killing Krilin.

- Don't forget that the cutscene will mirror itself to match the characters' positions. So if you want to be as faithful as possible to the original, mind the characters' positions: Goku and Trunks should finish Freezer off from the right, for example.

- Want a breath of fresh air in the look of a scene? Don't forget that you have a lot of colours to chose from, all of which will apply to the cutscenes and possibly give you a feeling of "remix" for classic scenes, with new modernized looks suiting your own preferences.

- You can enjoy those Dramatic Finishes with the classic music if you have the music pack (Bardack's Dramatic Finish with Solid State Scouter for example), but don't forget that using those will lock streaming. If you want to record the cutscenes with what you think are the best outfits and the best music, you'll have to do without the anime music pack and choose tracks exclusive to the game.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:23 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:We've got our DLC #1 Dramatic Finishes confirmed.
[spoiler]All are done by winning with a Heavy
Freeza beating Bardock in Space
Bardock beating Freeza in Space
Goku SSj beating Broly in Space
Gohan beating Broly in Plains (Dunno if this one requires having SSj Goku in your party)[/spoiler]
There's no Broly beating people in Dramatic Finishes? Just losing?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:58 pm

After the last episode of Super, I'm definitely using a Base Goku / Frieza / #17 team if the leaked DLC roster is true.