"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Banana » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Anyone know of some good ki regen super souls and possibly where to get them? I don't want to have Banana keep abusing maximum charge so much and getting her shit kicked in at the same time when she's trying to recharge her ki :shock: lol it's getting rather annoying. She's a female saiyan and seems to regen ki a lot slower than my earthling male Derriere ever did. Thanks :) I can post attributes later if that helps! (Xeno 2)
Goku: Are you a Yoshi?
Piccolo: Yes, Goku, I'm a green ****ing dinosaur.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Banana wrote:Anyone know of some good ki regen super souls and possibly where to get them? I don't want to have Banana keep abusing maximum charge so much and getting her shit kicked in at the same time when she's trying to recharge her ki :shock: lol it's getting rather annoying. She's a female saiyan and seems to regen ki a lot slower than my earthling male Derriere ever did. Thanks :) I can post attributes later if that helps! (Xeno 2)
Divinity Unleashed is a decent stop gap until you get something better. Charge up one bar, then, so long as you keep attacking, you'll increase your ki.

Meditation (hard to get, but worth it) not only automatically grants you 10 ki bars when activated, but it has a slow regen that prevents you from losing ki while in Blue.

Finally, Fu's Super Soul. So long as you keep your health relatively high, it will regen your ki WITH Blue activated. Combined with Meditation, you're pretty well set.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:32 pm

I cant get past Freeze and Cooler right now. :oops: :oops: :oops:
-Mark

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:32 pm

Am I the only person who thinks it's BS that we get Jiren, MUI Goku, and Android 17 from Super, but we still don't have Toppo, Ribrianne, Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla? Like, really? Come on Dimps, Bandai, whatever!
Caulifla best girl! :)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:53 pm

We got Jiren because he's the major antagonist of Universe Survival saga and we got Ultra Instinct Goku just to go along with him. Android 17 was kinda random, he could really be an alternate outfit to the already existing Android 17.

I don't care at all for the ones you mentioned except Caulifla and Kafla, so I would switch Android 17 for them and would give Super Saiyan 2 to Cabba. Also, there's really no need to add all these characters if the Story Mode doesn't get to the Universe Survival saga, it would be wise to hold them until XV3.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Banana » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:12 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
Banana wrote:Anyone know of some good ki regen super souls and possibly where to get them? I don't want to have Banana keep abusing maximum charge so much and getting her shit kicked in at the same time when she's trying to recharge her ki :shock: lol it's getting rather annoying. She's a female saiyan and seems to regen ki a lot slower than my earthling male Derriere ever did. Thanks :) I can post attributes later if that helps! (Xeno 2)
Divinity Unleashed is a decent stop gap until you get something better. Charge up one bar, then, so long as you keep attacking, you'll increase your ki.

Meditation (hard to get, but worth it) not only automatically grants you 10 ki bars when activated, but it has a slow regen that prevents you from losing ki while in Blue.

Finally, Fu's Super Soul. So long as you keep your health relatively high, it will regen your ki WITH Blue activated. Combined with Meditation, you're pretty well set.
Thank you! Looks like I gotta work on getting Blue first then, which should be fun :) Banana is at level 99 so getting through the rest of the story won't be hard lol
Goku: Are you a Yoshi?
Piccolo: Yes, Goku, I'm a green ****ing dinosaur.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:57 am

FutureTrunks wrote:I cant get past Freeze and Cooler right now. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Are you talking about the fight on Namek in story mode? If so, separate them and take down Cooler first while Goku keeps Frieza busy. But don't try spamming ultimate attacks because Cooler is specifically programmed to punish you for that.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:28 am

still mad we don't have Demigra and FF Mira

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:55 pm

So bamco bumped up the price of the bikini gifts to 777 TP medals...

How seriously uncool is that. First everyone thought these gifts would be free due to the trailer, then they end up costing 500 TP each JUST to get the costume for the mentor. If you wanted the gift pieces youd have to buy them again! For A CHANCE at getting ONE PIECE of it.

I hated TP medals to begin with but theyve gone far and beyond acceptable now, its really become a rort to take advantage of players. Getting 100% costumes in this game used to be obtainable, now it isnt without ridiculous grinds or spending real money. Really dissapointing to see after all the good vibes xv2 had built up.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:59 pm

What do #18 and Videl give in return for gifts? Anyone know?

EDIT: Seems like #18 gives the Camo Bikini and Videl gives the Trendy Bikini from what I could find.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:52 pm

I mean, props to Bamco & Dimps for not having microtransactions for as long as they did, but I don't think they're doing enough to actually make them appear optional. Seriously, I've spend more money than I've wanted to on these things. Seriously, what's wrong with fair prices for what are SUPPOSED to be "gifts", if not having them be free. DLC, I'm fine with paying for, but this shit is just bad. Plus, some of the new items are region specific for what reason exactly? I wish companies can do things that make more sense.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:40 pm

nato25 wrote:So bamco bumped up the price of the bikini gifts to 777 TP medals...

How seriously uncool is that. First everyone thought these gifts would be free due to the trailer, then they end up costing 500 TP each JUST to get the costume for the mentor. If you wanted the gift pieces youd have to buy them again! For A CHANCE at getting ONE PIECE of it.

I hated TP medals to begin with but theyve gone far and beyond acceptable now, its really become a rort to take advantage of players. Getting 100% costumes in this game used to be obtainable, now it isnt without ridiculous grinds or spending real money. Really dissapointing to see after all the good vibes xv2 had built up.

Well, I called that back a couple pages ago. Not as extreme as I thought. But still.

It's a shame. I hope if we do get sets in the future they aren't as blatant cash grabs.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:51 pm

I honestly only had interest in the Golden Gi. But since that's been cycled out, I've been focusing on leveling all of my other characters to 99. Farm the Dragon Balls, wish for the medals, then go to that one guy that ups your levels for them.

Meanwhile, I have over 30 million zeni (and growing), with little to do with it except periodically replenish my health items.

If Dimps REALLY wanted to be pro-active, they could make TP medals worth buying with the Zeni. Maybe like 10-20 for 100,000 zeni (or more) for example.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:I honestly only had interest in the Golden Gi. But since that's been cycled out, I've been focusing on leveling all of my other characters to 99. Farm the Dragon Balls, wish for the medals, then go to that one guy that ups your levels for them.

Meanwhile, I have over 30 million zeni (and growing), with little to do with it except periodically replenish my health items.

If Dimps REALLY wanted to be pro-active, they could make TP medals worth buying with the Zeni. Maybe like 10-20 for 100,000 zeni (or more) for example.
Yeah, what's so hard about a currency exchange? I'd love something like that.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:14 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
FutureTrunks wrote:I cant get past Freeze and Cooler right now. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Are you talking about the fight on Namek in story mode? If so, separate them and take down Cooler first while Goku keeps Frieza busy. But don't try spamming ultimate attacks because Cooler is specifically programmed to punish you for that.
oh, ok! thanks for that advice!
-Mark

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:24 am

nato25 wrote:So bamco bumped up the price of the bikini gifts to 777 TP medals...

I agree, i will not buy any TP medals for this ... it's too much now.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:57 pm

The TP medal situation sucks before, I noticed they even stopped giving out the 40 free TP medals per week.

All that aside though this Fu DLC is seriously a good time.

I just had an awesome moment where after beating the 2nd mission with Goku as a a partner I spoke to him on the time nest map and he comments on how he had to team up with Cell for the mission and then even says he once even teamed up with Frieza. Pretty awesome how relevant that is.

Also o think they added something small the first time you go back to the time nest and interact with the purple time space hole thing. Seems they tallied the results of who chose to leave trunks timeline alternating choice alone or not and the majority of people decided to leave it with the changes.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Also psa: a black and zamasu raid is coming to get the rose wig and golden gi for fair amounts of damage.

In this raid boss battle, either Zamasu or Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé) appears randomly. The new accessory "Super Saiyan Rosé wig" will be released for the first time this time. Because it is available with 5000 damage given, please join us.

Schedule: April 7th (Sat) 23: 00 ~ Wednesday 11th (Wednesday) 22: 00

Rewards:
5,000 Damage: 50 TP medals and Super Saiyan Rosé Wig
15,000 Damage: 50 TP medals and Golden Gi (Top and Bottom)
30,000 Damage: 50 TP medals and Golden Gi (Hands and Feet)
50,000 Damage: 50 TP medals and street name "Kami" or "God"

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:42 pm

nato25 wrote:Also psa: a black and zamasu raid is coming to get the rose wig and golden gi for fair amounts of damage.

In this raid boss battle, either Zamasu or Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé) appears randomly. The new accessory "Super Saiyan Rosé wig" will be released for the first time this time. Because it is available with 5000 damage given, please join us.

Schedule: April 7th (Sat) 23: 00 ~ Wednesday 11th (Wednesday) 22: 00

Rewards:
5,000 Damage: 50 TP medals and Super Saiyan Rosé Wig
15,000 Damage: 50 TP medals and Golden Gi (Top and Bottom)
30,000 Damage: 50 TP medals and Golden Gi (Hands and Feet)
50,000 Damage: 50 TP medals and street name "Kami" or "God"
Hoo-boy... with all the SSJ Blues running around now, it's gonna be a literal Battle of Gods, isn't it?
You also forgot 100,000 Damage: 50 TP Medals and "Avenger" street name.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Just bought the season pass Cant wait to play with all the new characters!
-Mark