Vegeta really suffered a power up in the fight against Toppo?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Vegeta really suffered a power up in the fight against Toppo?

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Since the episode 126, many people questioned whether Vegeta SSBE had surpassed Goku SSB KK x20, for allegedly having suffered a power up in the fight against Toppo.

However, I also saw other people saying that he did not suffer any kind of power up and that he just got "more determined" (which is strange considering that since the beginning of the fight he said he could not lose), because in the episode was not explicitly stated that he got stronger.

This is not a discussion about who is stronger and is not being discussed whether the power up is temporary or not, the question is, has this power up existed?

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Vegeta really suffered a power up in the fight against Toppo?

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:32 pm

Of Course he powered up. All the determination in the world won't do you any good vs someone way stronger than you.

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:37 pm

It's pretty clear that Vegeta did get a power-boost when he fought Toppo in 126. He went from losing to absoloutely wrecking Toppo and even overcoming his Energy of Destruction.

Furthermore, in Ep.127, Jiren says "Nice punch. I can see why you were able to defeat Toppo." which implies that Vegeta's stronger than when he fought Jiren before.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 pm

He did get a power up, but I'm the one who suffered.

Damn Fairy Tail power ups in my Dragon Ball.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:05 am

Logania wrote:He did get a power up, but I'm the one who suffered.

Well said.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:31 am

Logania wrote:He did get a power up, but I'm the one who suffered.

It waa anger related power up like the Saiyans have been doing forever

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:31 am

I think Vegeta merely brought up the power that was still hidden within him and he went full throttle. The catalyst could be anger on Toppo casting aside things Vegeta himself can’t afford to lose. Namely, his family, promises and pride. Technically, this may count as a power-up, so yes.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:45 am

Logania wrote:Damn Fairy Tail power ups in my Dragon Ball.
They're not that bad when they're in Vegeta's favore. 8)
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:11 am

As soon as Toppo went God of Destruction Universe 11 should have won and anything else after that which went against Universe 11 winning was just bullshit.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 am

sintzu wrote:
Logania wrote:Damn Fairy Tail power ups in my Dragon Ball.
They're not that bad when they're in Vegeta's favore. 8)
But is Vegeta really the right guy for a fairly tail powerup of all things..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:36 am

That episode was actually really good, but IMO they messed up something big that could have made it one of the best episodes in Super. Vegeta is stronger during that episode and I believe it was from his quick spar with Jiren beforehand that caused it. The whole episode was great, finally Toppo has gotten a good showing the episode before, and finally Vegeta now, but what they really messed up was how easily Vegeta won. It should have been at least somewhat of a struggle, but before long he's just eliminating Toppo's Hakais with normal ki blasts or punches. It built up all this intensity from the previous episode and then it all kind of just dies because Vegeta is winning WAY too easily. With Toppo's transformation he should at least give somewhat of a challenge to Vegeta. Because of that it makes it seem like Vegeta has gotten way stronger than he actually has. This is one of the worst examples of where you can really see the effects of having completely different writers from one episode to the next, because the first Toppo GoD episode was amazing compared to the second one, which was still good, but killed the intensity the first one developed.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:03 am

Ki Breaker wrote:But is Vegeta really the right guy for a fairly tail powerup of all things..
No, but if it makes him look good in the long run I can live with it. I would've had Vegeta train with Whis while Goku left to U6 and trained with Vados (or the opposite) as that would've resulted in them being very different from one another. I understand why they didn't as it would've required them to think more than 5 minutes ahead and be creative.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.