"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am

majinwarman wrote:Now that it has been a four months, do anyone believe that this game can last past a year in its lifetime? Do you think in two years you will continue to play this game?
It's one of the most successful fighting games, if not the most successful. So, IMHO, the game have very big chance for 2nd season pass or sequel.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:05 pm

I hope Merged Zamasu has the portals from the manga. I'd even be happy with the katchin blocks.

I'm a little disappointed the design isn't manga muscle + anime halo.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:32 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:I hope Merged Zamasu has the portals from the manga. I'd even be happy with the katchin blocks.

I would love the beams from the anime, the katchin blocks, paralysis and counter style from the manga. I would save the portals for Janemba just in case they decide to make him.

We should only get anime Zamasu unfortunately.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:I hope Merged Zamasu has the portals from the manga. I'd even be happy with the katchin blocks.

Dear god no, Zamasu is not a character who should have that big buff muscle design... It just looks awkward and wrong, like as if Zamasu photoshopped his head on someone's body :[
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Kanassa wrote: Dear god no, Zamasu is not a character who should have that big buff muscle design... It just looks awkward and wrong, like as if Zamasu photoshopped his head on someone's body :[
I think it would have gotten cool if it had been the result of a Kaiouken - him calling it a Kaioushinken - that he used in the battle. First scrawny, then ripped.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:46 pm

A better quality scan:
http://www.shonengamez.com/2018/04/19/m ... character/
Kanassa wrote:

Dear god no, Zamasu is not a character who should have that big buff muscle design... It just looks awkward and wrong, like as if Zamasu photoshopped his head on someone's body :[
It makes sense in the manga, because it goes with the more muscular character designs like DBZ anime, and unlike Super anime.
The same reason why SSBs are buff in FighterZ, they do the old muscular style, while Super anime has both SSBs and SSJs as skinnier.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:41 pm

KayDash wrote:A better quality scan:
http://www.shonengamez.com/2018/04/19/m ... character/
Kanassa wrote:

It makes sense in the manga, because it goes with the more muscular character designs like DBZ anime, and unlike Super anime.
The same reason why SSBs are buff in FighterZ, they do the old muscular style, while Super anime has both SSBs and SSJs as skinnier.
I wasn't arguing reasoning, I was criticizing design

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:11 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
majinwarman wrote:Now that it has been a four months, do anyone believe that this game can last past a year in its lifetime? Do you think in two years you will continue to play this game ?
Absolutely. Fighting games with solid fundamentals that encourage learning and growth are played for many, many years. It's fun to play, it's fun to win, it's fun to lose, it's fun to experiment, it's fun to chill out with, and it's fun to share with people.
It just need some balance changes.

Other than that it is a solid fighting game.
My English is poor .

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:10 am

AgitoZ wrote:Merged Zamasu confirmed in V Jump.
No Vegetto? That's weird, I wonder why they haven't confirmed him yet.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 am

KinguKurimuzon wrote:
They may want to take their time with how they announce these characters so he could be saved for May's issue with a release following soon after.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:11 am

KinguKurimuzon wrote:
Could be that some DLC won't be in pairs

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:35 am

I'm so glad that Fused Zamasu is coming to the game. I might actually buy it now. And it looks like he has all his unique techniques from the anime: the Blades of Judgement, the Lightning of Absolution and the Holy Wrath.

Why do some people fervently desire manga Fused Zamasu? He has no unique technique whatsoever, he just throws random Katchin blocks and opens portals like Janemba. He's not bad, but he's boring and unoriginal. It also seems like that Fused Zamasu will have a unique mechanic in the game since he will be able to enter in a state that 'hovers' above the ground, something that manga Fused Zamasu wouldn't be able to do because he spent most of the time fighting on the ground.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:32 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:I'm so glad that Fused Zamasu is coming to the game. I might actually buy it now. And it looks like he has all his unique techniques from the anime: the Blades of Judgement, the Lightning of Absolution and the Holy Wrath.

Why do some people fervently desire manga Fused Zamasu? He has no unique technique whatsoever, he just throws random Katchin blocks and opens portals like Janemba. He's not bad, but he's boring and unoriginal. It also seems like that Fused Zamasu will have a unique mechanic in the game since he will be able to enter in a state that 'hovers' above the ground, something that manga Fused Zamasu wouldn't be able to do because he spent most of the time fighting on the ground.
I don't understand, you're denying your own argument in your answer. "Throwing random Katchin blocks" who ever used that in a fight? From all the the Zamasu interpretations that's the most Godly thing he has, since only Kaioshin shown this ability.
Likewise if only Janemba used portals, doesn't that make it incredibly rare?

How isn't that more unique than what he uses in the anime? Holy Wrath is literally every big ball energy starting from the fingers. The others while less common than the classic beam attacks we seen on Dragon Ball aren't that special, the only unique gimmick is the halo thingy and how he shoots most of his attacks from it.
Oh and his grab with the red aura which is pretty cool and I don't remember something similar ever appearing, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be in the game from the scans.

I'm not even criticizing his anime move set, it's very varied compared to what we usually get. I'm certainly not disappointed with what were getting. Ideally for me we would get a fusion of both his anime and manga attacks.
If you prefer the anime attacks that's fine but don't put down what you don't like with rethoric.

Lastly if you're just buying the game for one character, I advice against it. Unless you're on the fence because you only have 2 or 3 characters you want to play and Merged Zamasu will satisfy your minimum requirement, otherwise you will just be throwing money away. This all on my assumption that what the game offers doesn't appeal enough to you.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Merged Zamasu looks Goldy! Exactly how he should be! :clap:
I want him to be a zoner who looks down on everyone. The "float"state he seems to have is already a step in the right direction.

I'm glad they are using the DBS anime as main source, because the characters movesets in the manga are boring most of the time. The only cool thing Merged Zamasu did in the manga was the use of portals which are from Janemba...

Hopefully the other one is Vegetto Blue and according to the datamine, seems like FT Trunks Genki Sword may be coming as a Dramatic Finish.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:31 pm

I swear every time someone brings up the manga moveset, they compare the portals to Janemba. It's like two characters can't use the same technique in this game, even though about a third of the cast has some type of Kamehameha.

At no point did Janemba use his portals like this. Can you honestly say you don't want to see this animated? I would have loved if this was his level 3 instead of the lightning. No other DBZ character has an attack like this.

Even disregarding unbreakable Katchin blocks used as projectiles and portals, Merged Zamasu made some extensive use of telekinesis in the manga that we didn't really get to see in the anime, even though it's one the most "Kai" techniques. If he doesn't have SOME move that shows or makes use of that in FighterZ, I'm going to be very disappointed.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:40 pm

I'm still waiting for an SS4 to show up, not counting mods.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:46 pm

KinguKurimuzon wrote:
His character probably isn't ready to be shown in advertising yet.

Kanassa wrote:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:19 pm

AgitoZ wrote:Merged Zamasu confirmed in V Jump:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That's great! Thank god it's anime Merged Zamasu, his techniques are pretty cool in there, way better than throwing katchins or spamming portals that shows Toyotaro's lack of creativity.
ekrolo2 wrote:I'm still waiting for an SS4 to show up, not counting mods.
You shouldn't get your hopes up, I believe we won't get any GT content.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:28 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I'm still waiting for an SS4 to show up, not counting mods.
You shouldn't get your hopes up, I believe we won't get any GT content.
Seems more and more likely which irks me given the rumors that they'll put another version of Goku and Vegeta, a grand total of three for each of them.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Why is everyone against the Katchin as a projectile move? That was like the best random attack in Budokai for Supreme Kai where instead of cool beam attacks, he just chucks giant blocks and swords (even Katchin pans wtf) at the enemy. It'd have a lot of variety in use as the light and medium version can be used to change trajectory (like 21) and his EX can be a Katchin barrage throwing multiple across the screen kind of like Freezas 236H attack. Better than him just having a Black Kamehameha or some other beam attack everyone has.

I'm sure they'll mainly use the manga for his normal attack animations as he was a lot more hands on in it compared to the anime, but he had some cool attacks that when combining the manga and anime can have one of the best movesets in the game.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."