"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:02 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:Sorry to post twice so soon and not just edit my last post(I only did this because it’s not related to my last post) SDBH Dark Demon Realm Mission manga volume 2 comes out tomorrow and will have an extra chapter that covers bardock xeno vs King Vegeta xeno
where will it most likely be published? I never read the manga but that extra chapter fight is something I am extremely excited about

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 01, 2018 8:23 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
It takes way less to make dokkan characters than heroes characters lol Dokkan is Just small 2D animations that can be made in less than a day, Heroes would have to make a new 3d model for jiren, a new card code for him to aswell for the arcade to scan, just because dokkan gets something doesn’t mean heroes will have it. Dokkan also has almost every ToP character, and also I can’t belive you just compared making a small 20 second 2D cutscene for a character vs making a complete 3d model
Heroes characters don't take very much effort, especially when they are based on an existing character.

Bross;Bruno

Post by Bross;Bruno » Tue May 01, 2018 10:05 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:Sorry to post twice so soon and not just edit my last post(I only did this because it’s not related to my last post) SDBH Dark Demon Realm Mission manga volume 2 comes out tomorrow and will have an extra chapter that covers bardock xeno vs King Vegeta xeno
That's awesome, i hope we see Bardock backstory, if he has one, the only thing i know about him is that he is from another dimension and Gine exists there
English is not my primary language, sorry about mispeling

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Tue May 01, 2018 12:43 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
It takes way less to make dokkan characters than heroes characters lol Dokkan is Just small 2D animations that can be made in less than a day, Heroes would have to make a new 3d model for jiren, a new card code for him to aswell for the arcade to scan, just because dokkan gets something doesn’t mean heroes will have it. Dokkan also has almost every ToP character, and also I can’t belive you just compared making a small 20 second 2D cutscene for a character vs making a complete 3d model
Heroes characters don't take very much effort, especially when they are based on an existing character.
Have you ever done 3D modeling? It isn't easy at all. The move set might be copy pasted but character models & animation is where the real work begins.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Saimaroimaru wrote:Have you ever done 3D modeling? It isn't easy at all. The move set might be copy pasted but character models & animation is where the real work begins.
Yes, it's a typically difficult endeavor. However, we're talking about professionals here. Heroes is about the least intensive you can get for work to be done since they're working with slightly upgraded PS2 era models. The majority of Toppo's defining features are already finished in his base form (big arms, small legs, head, etc). All that needs to be done is alter his torso to be buff, add some torn fabric around his waist, and slap a new texture on it. With the majority of animations being shared by the entire game's cast, the only thing that really needs to be worked on is an idle pose and the special attack, the latter of which (no doubt would be a Hakai sphere) can probably have assets taken from an already finished Hakaishin, too.

Other characters who haven't been included yet would take longer from scratch, but I'd be surprised if it took more than a day or two to crank Hakaishin Toppo out.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Saimaroimaru wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
Have you ever done 3D modeling? It isn't easy at all. The move set might be copy pasted but character models & animation is where the real work begins.
As an animator, I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, they will already have assets from Jiren that can be mean he is effectively a tweaked model with a different skin texture, as he's literally shirtless. The animation and special effects, if they put in proper effort will be new.

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:02 am

https://youtu.be/kNK7PhHUdqA
Yay Golden Cooler.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed May 02, 2018 2:56 am

EveBlaze31 wrote:https://youtu.be/kNK7PhHUdqA
Yay Golden Cooler.
"Aku no Saiyajin" So, Devil Saiyan?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed May 02, 2018 3:35 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Yay Golden Cooler.
No, just "evil saiyan".

Wait... so the evil saiyan is actually Rayman? His hands apparently float along his body, lol.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed May 02, 2018 3:55 am

Sandubadear wrote:No, just "evil saiyan".

Wait... so the evil saiyan is actually Rayman? His hands apparently float along his body, lol.
What I find amusing is that in Phantasy Star Online II, you can get a costume almost exactly like that for your character. Floating hands and all.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:55 am

Sandubadear wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:
Yay Golden Cooler.
No, just "evil saiyan".

that or he's trying to be the final boss of KOF14

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed May 02, 2018 6:03 am

Yay Golden Cooler.
Golden Cooler I called it !!! And from this form I can guess how Cooler would look as his previous form in Golden Form. Now all they have to do is giving to Frieza a Form similar to Cooler (Fifth Form) and give Chilled, Frost and Cold the remaining form they have yet to acquired.

Also I wonder who are voicing this Saiyan that are a cross between Rayman and Hannibal Lecter :mrgreen:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:20 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Yay Golden Cooler.
Golden Cooler I called it !!! And from this form I can guess how Cooler would look as his previous form in Golden Form. Now all they have to do is giving to Frieza a Form similar to Cooler (Fifth Form) and give Chilled, Frost and Cold the remaining form they have yet to acquired.

Also I wonder who are voicing this Saiyan that are a cross between Rayman and Hannibal Lecter :mrgreen:
i guess you could say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsqmU3v0hVA

I hope we get Gold King Cold (he's a merry old soul)

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 am

So Goku’s new form is Called Super Saiyan Berserk, also the new bonus chapter with Bardock xeno vs King Vegeta xeno is my favorite SDBH chapter out of any of the SDBH mangas(not counting the first DBH manga victory mission.) Yositaka did an amazing job his art is getting really good and it’s a action packed fight!!

[spoiler]King Vegeta xeno is so strong he defeated beerus[/spoiler]
Last edited by S3 Hendrix on Wed May 02, 2018 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed May 02, 2018 7:44 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
where will it most likely be published? I never read the manga but that extra chapter fight is something I am extremely excited about
Is anyone scanlating this?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:56 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:So Goku’s new form is Called Super Saiyan Berserk, also the new bonus chapter with Bardock xeno vs King Vegeta xeno is my favorite SDBH chapter out of any of the SDBH mangas(not counting the first DBH manga victory mission.) Yositaka did an amazing job his art is getting really good and it’s a action packed fight!!
anywhere this can be viewed?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Yay Golden Cooler.

i guess you could say

Oh that dub voice gosh this is gold :lol:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 am

Oh, Golden Cooler is one of the SECs, nice to know that at least one spot will not be wasted. Kinda curious to see who the other SECs will be.

So happy that Cooler finally got a new transformation! Now only Wheelo doesn't have one, and to be honest, I don't feel like we will ever see him again, poor villain. That evil Saiyan is also something new, design-wise I mean, interesting concept. Let's see what Heroes will do with him.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:18 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:So Goku’s new form is Called Super Saiyan Berserk, also the new bonus chapter with Bardock xeno vs King Vegeta xeno is my favorite SDBH chapter out of any of the SDBH mangas(not counting the first DBH manga victory mission.) Yositaka did an amazing job his art is getting really good and it’s a action packed fight!!

[spoiler]King Vegeta xeno is so strong he defeated beerus[/spoiler]
Can you please go indepth on what specifically happens in the chapter? Whether it's a summary or whatnot, it'd be great for those whom can't view the manga.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:18 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:

i guess you could say

Oh that dub voice gosh this is gold :lol:
team four star cooler is too good