"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed May 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Given the context of the whole conversation, I'm confident you can come up with the right understanding about what I truly meant by "regular Super Saiyan 4".
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Wed May 09, 2018 3:21 pm

I just want GoD Toppo and Infinite Zamasu game already

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed May 09, 2018 4:19 pm

Golden Oozaru are, for all purposes and intents "Super Saiyan Oozaru".
Except they are berserker: once controlled, they become SS4.

This actually links to Kale and her berserkser form being called "the original form of Saiyans": basically, Kale activates the mind\personality of Oozaru in normal body, which makes her go automatically max power Super Saiyan because Oozaru is a heightened emotions state.
But the actual Super Saiyan state is a controlled one: so she doesn't really get to be called "Super Saiyan".
In short, Berserker Kale is basically a Golden Ozaru in a normal body, only lacking the x10 multiplier given by the (lack of) physical transformation in a giant-ass were-monkey.
Atavism of sort.

Now, the SS4 transformation appears to override whatever hair-color change affects the super saiyan\oozaru form of the user.

While it's reasonable it would apply also to God and Blue, we must remember they are the way they are because a change in the QUALITY of Ki(normal->god), something other Super Saiyan forms don't have(Legendary included): the other forms only change the QUANTITY of Ki.
Now, I do believe only the God form should be analyzed: the secondary color change in Blue\Rosé would probably be nullified in SS4 the same way as the standard Super Saiyan colors do. Blue is, after all, just going Super Saiyan with the power of a (Super Saiyan)God: a change of Quantity over a change of Quality.

So, would a SSG turning Oozaru have a different colored fur? Probably not: Oozaru is a wild transformation. It's unlikely it would be able to use God Ki, which is apparently quite difficult to use. It would likely default to Golden Ozaru.

But a controlled Golden Ozaru of somebody able to go God? Golden Oozaru did seem to more or less automatically turn into SS4 once controlled.

So it would be:
SSG->Golden Ozakur(no God Ki)->SS4, at which point the user would\should\might be able to switch to God Ki.

So, what color would be a SS4 using God Ki? We have no idea.(though I'd like it being basically Gogeta SS4)

Last note on this: in DBHeroes, the Saiyan Avatars keep their normal hair when going Blue. We have no idea WHY, but I'm head-canoning it's because their tails. It's the only difference between them and Goku&Vegeta.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed May 09, 2018 4:22 pm

This is not the place for that discussion. If you want to talk about the potential of transformation combinations, please feel free make the appropriate thread.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed May 09, 2018 9:05 pm

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed May 09, 2018 9:57 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:New cm https://youtu.be/8lca_BrCNDE
The rest of the deluge is starting. Website uploaded a bio for the Evil Saiyan in prep for the mission release in a few hours as well.

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed May 09, 2018 10:45 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
The rest of the deluge is starting. Website uploaded a bio for the Evil Saiyan in prep for the mission release in a few hours as well.

Majin 21 is in game as a boss https://twitter.com/shuto_dbh/status/99 ... 74048?s=21

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:18 am

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:53 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:

What does his profile say?

And do I take it he has that dragonball then?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu May 10, 2018 6:14 am

I'm curious to know the identity of this Hannibal Lecter Saiyan.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu May 10, 2018 6:27 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I'm curious to know the identity of this Hannibal Lecter Saiyan.
One of the more popular theories in the Japanese fandom now is that he might be one of(like the main one) the evil saiyans yamoshi faught that made him become SSJ

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:21 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I'm curious to know the identity of this Hannibal Lecter Saiyan.
One of the more popular theories in the Japanese fandom now is that he might be one of(like the main one) the evil saiyans yamoshi faught that made him become SSJ
Another I'm seeing is that he's a form of Xeno Raditz. Some people are claiming it's Chiba who voices him, but it sounds a bit too distorted for me to tell, and Raditz never had the french naming theme or shadow hands.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 10, 2018 8:46 am

Can soneone translate all these dialogues please ? *Note: the question mark is also a hyperlink to another video.

I know it may be just too much text to translate, but we really need it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu May 10, 2018 9:34 am

Help us Alakazam, you're our only hope

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu May 10, 2018 3:31 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:This is not the place for that discussion. If you want to talk about the potential of transformation combinations, please feel free make the appropriate thread.
You're right, it was supposed to be a two-lines answer but it kind of went out of hand, sorry.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Thu May 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Set review for SDBH Universe Mission 2 will be posted tomorrow. This one looks interesting.

Translation for the profile of the "Evil Saiyan"
A mysterious warrior designated to administer a prison planet by Fu. He demonstrates astounding power, and rampages throughout the prison planet overwhelming Goku and his allies. Holds the 5 star dragon ball.

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:Help us Alakazam, you're our only hope
Goresh wrote:Set review for SDBH Universe Mission 2 will be posted tomorrow. This one looks interesting.

Translation for the profile of the "Evil Saiyan"
A mysterious warrior designated to administer a prison planet by Fu. He demonstrates astounding power, and rampages throughout the prison planet overwhelming Goku and his allies. Holds the 5 star dragon ball.
And Goresh with the assist

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Fri May 11, 2018 12:19 am

EveBlaze31 wrote:https://youtu.be/kNK7PhHUdqA
Yay Golden Cooler.
Mai is the new farmer w/ shotgun.
S3 Hendrix wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:The fact that Pan has never gotten anything despite regularly being used for various pieces of Dragon Ball marketing and GT having a sizable presence in Heroes always made me feel like they are just waiting on Toriyama's version of the character to get Super Saiyan.
They've even shied away from giving GT Trunks and GT Goten anything, even though GT Goten got a Xeno version. If feels like they aren't entirely sure where Toriyama is going so they don't want to step on any feet. That's just how it feels to me anyways, I could be totally wrong.
They gave trunks GT ssj3 so I’d say goten GT and goten xeno are the only ones not getting any love goten gt only has ssj and his xeno counterpart doesn’t have any forms at all(even though he did go ssj in the 10th chapter of Dark Demon Realm mission) but it seems heroes doesn’t have much they really want to do with goten, he did get a lot of love in the Ultimate Mission X story with goten xeno accompanying you for a majority of the time rifts but other than that goten hasn’t had much going on for him in heroes
The franchise in general wants nothing to do with Goten. He gets shafted a lot. At this point he is just a living access point for when Trunks wants to become Gotenks.
Majin Demigra wrote:I just want GoD Toppo and Infinite Zamasu game already
Agreed on GOD Toppo but Infinite Zamasu will probably just be a giant boss or something.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sat May 12, 2018 12:16 am

SDBH Universe Mission 2 set review!

UM2-031 Goku (SSJ: Berserk)
BS Type
HP: 2000
Power: 6900
Guard: 1000

CAA: Ultimate Dragon Fist CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round when Goku is in the attack area. Upon success, perform major damage on the enemy with a dragon fist and permanently increases power by 12,000 and decrease Guard by 4,000.

Passive: At the start of every round when Goku's ki is 25% or above, in exchange for losing ki, damage dealt permanently doubles.

Super Attack: Berserk Dragon Fist, costs 8 energy.

I really like the design of this card. He's basically an engine that burns through ki so that he can continuously stack up his damage in addition to getting a massive boost from his CAA in exchange for lower defensive capabilities. Since his Guard stat is already low to start out, and he will be further lowering his Guard through his CAA, you would probably want to save this guy in the support area until you want to try and nuke the opponent with him during round 3+. This Goku is the pure definition of a glass cannon powerhouse and will take significant support for him to be used at his full potential, especially since his super attack costs 8 energy.

8.5/10

UM2-032 Goku: Xeno (SSJ4)
EL Type
HP: 3000
Power: 6200
Guard: 1500

CAA: Ultimate Spirit Bomb CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round when Goku is in the attack area with it dealing more damage the more allies you have with you. Upon great success, permanently reduce the Power of all enemies by 3,000 and increase the speed of their charge impact.

Passive: If attacking an enemy with 15,000 or more Power, deal 3x damage.

Super Attack: 10x Instant Transmission Kamehameha, costs 8 energy.

A pretty good Goku card that can use his CAA as sort of a pseudo-support function while he himself actually acts as a neutralizer for any enemy cards that are heavily reliant on Power. Although this card is nothing special, it's nice to see the addition of more cards that are specific to countering certain strategies because it helps to define the landscape of the metagame by adding more layers to the system.

7.5/10

UM2-034 Vegeta (SSJB)
HR Type
HP: 2800
Power: 6500
Guard: 2000

CAA: Counter Rush CAA that activates when in the attack area, below half health, and being attacked by a single enemy. Upon activation of perfect rush, permanently increase the CI speed of the countered enemy by a super amount.

Passive: When in the attack area during the strategy phase, increase Battle Power by [amount of allies in the attack area x 1500]. But, this additional Battle Power will not grant additional Hero Energy.

Super Attack: Fully-charged Final Flash, costs 7 energy.

While Counter Rush is one of the best CAA's in the game, Vegeta takes it a step further by permanently crippling the attacking enemy through increasing the speed of their CI, which is one of the best debuffs in the game. While his passive does not grant him any additional damage, Power, or Guard, it does provide your team with Battle Power, therefore allowing you to gain an advantage in closing the game out before your opponent. Overall, a decent utility unit that should see some play since his passive ability can be activated without restriction.

8/10

UM2-037 Trunks: Future (SSJ Rage)
HR Type
HP: 3000
Power: 5300
Guard: 2000

CAA: Super Slash CAA that activates on or after the 2nd turn while in the attack area. Upon activation of perfect slash, permanently reduce the Guard of the attacked enemy to 1.

Passive: While in the attack area at the end of the round, if your team took at least 3,000 damage during the round, increase the CI speed of all enemies and reduce enemy Hero Energy by 2.

Super Attack: Point-blank Galick Gun, costs 6 energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect: If Trunks is on the same team as Vegeta and Goku, UEE activates. If there are allies on your team that have a lower Power stat than when the match started, restore their Power to what it was at the start of the match, and permanently deal double damage to all enemies. Costs 5 Energy.

This is easily one of my favorite cards of this entire set. What an all-around amazing card. He can break enemy Guard, debuff Hero Energy AND increase CI speed of the enemy, and finally has a great UEE with perfectly usable cards as allies. His passive is extremely easy to trigger as you will almost always take more than 3,000 damage in 1 turn and you can setup your team composition so that your "tank" unit isn't "too tanky" in order to trigger it. A very underrated card in my opinion.

9/10

UM2-037
SP Type
HP: 3500
Power: 1000

Attack Effect: Increase the CI speed of all enemies by a super amount for 1 round (max of 2 uses).

Support Effect: None

I've never really been a fan of these units unless they were very obviously broken. While her attack effect is very powerful, I'm not sure it warrants essentially leaving your team with only 6 usable characters for the entire match. I guess this can be a specific counter toward rushdown teams to try and make them miss their CI's during the first 2 turns but besides that I just don't see it.

7/10

UM2-060 Android 21
EL Type
HP: 3200
Power: 3500
Guard: 4300

CAA: Triple Attack CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round while in the attack area. Upon super triple effect activation, the attacked enemy will no longer be able to increase Battle Power through Ki consumption.

Passive: During the 3rd round only, the enemy team cannot raise their Battle Power higher than 15,000. Also reduce the Ki of all enemies.

Super Attack: Absolute Release Ball, costs 5 energy.

UEE: If Android 16 and Android 18 are on the same team as Android 21, UEE activates. When KO'd by the enemy team, activate "Revival Chance" that gives you a chance to perform certain actions as shown on the screen in order to revive with 1,000 HP remaining. Costs 7 Energy.

While I think the best part of this card is the UEE, having to use Android 18 and Android 16 on your team with this card is not very practical. Also, Triple Attack is mediocre at best and her Passive is only really effective against very specific team compositions. Not really a huge fan of the direction they went with this card.

6.5/10

UM2-SEC2 Golden Cooler
EL Type
HP: 3700
Power: 5800
Guard: 1500

CAA: Lockon Burst CAA that activates when in the attack area and it is possible to launch SA. The locked on enemy's Guard drops to 1 and their CI speed is increased by a super amount for that turn only.

Passive: At the end of every round, restore Ki and increase Battle Power by 2,000. Also, if your team's HP is lower than the opponent's, this effect is increased.

Super Attack: Golden Super Nova, costs 7 energy.

This guy is probably the first mediocre SEC card we've seen in a while. His CAA is phenomenal but his Passive does not supply any additional damage, Power, or Guard. I do not think this card is bad by any means since he will be able to consistently restore his Ki and increase his Battle Power, therefore allowing him to remain in the attack area for multiple rounds in a row if needed while substantially crippling an enemy with his CAA. But, for an SEC card I would expect him to do a little more.

8/10

UM2-SEC Goku (Ultra Instinct)
BS Type
HP: 2100
Power: 8500

CAA: Time-space Delivery CAA that summons Vegeta on or after the 2nd round when your Hero Avatar is on the team and Goku is in the attack area. Deal major damage to the enemy and if Hero Energy is 7 or higher, the amount of damage dealt is increased by a super amount.

Passive: At the end of the round, if HP is below 40%, restore all Ki and permanently deal 5x more damage to the enemy. (1 time only).

Super Attack: Ultra Instinct, costs 8 energy.

Very powerful SEC. While I don't think this guy is as broken as the Ultra Instinct Goku from UM1, he is still pretty nuts. His CAA is excellent with the only downside being that you have to wait until the 3rd round to use it. If his passive activates he will pretty much be the hardest hitting card in the entire game. The only problem is that once the opponent sees that this guy is on your team, they will try and time their damage so that they get you from 50% to 0% health in a single turn so as to never activate the passive. Therefore, while you want to drop below 40% health, I think it's more important to prioritize utilizing support characters that buff Guard and damage reduction abilities so that you aren't bursted too quickly. If you are able to do that I think that this guy is beyond broken.

9.25/10

UM2-SEC3 Evil Saiyan
BS Type
HP: 1700
Power: 9500

CAA: Ultimate Burst CAA that activates when SA is launched. Upon activation of super burst MAX, permanently halve the Guard of the attacked enemy and deal super powerful Ki damage.

Passive: Cannot participate in a coordinated attack, but cannot be stunned. When the enemy's Hero Energy is 8 or more and Evil Saiyan wins a CI, permanently double the damage dealt to the enemy and reduce enemy Hero Energy to 0.

Super Attack: Désastre Claw, costs 8 energy.

Insane, busted card. Essentially makes it so that your enemy cannot ever be at 8 Hero Energy or above. Great CAA and nearly flawless Passive. The only tripe I have with this card is that he is entirely dependent on winning the CAA, which is why I didn't rank Mai even lower than I did, because she can pair up well with this guy. Also, since his SA costs 8 energy, it might be difficult to get it off since every damn team will probably have this guy on it, and therefore lock you out from ever getting 8 energy. Other than those little things I really think this card will be dominant for a long time. Also, 9500 base Power stat is monstrous along with the ability to resist being stunned. Nuts.

9.5/10

Another set in the books. I really like this set because it shows that the developers are focusing on creating really good cards without necessarily making them all about doing a billion damage or being unbreakable walls. They are considering other alternatives to what makes cards good such as Ki usage, Battle Power, and CI speed. That's why I think the best card in the entire set is Evil Saiyan due to his ability to literally permanently disable the entire enemy team. Same goes for Trunks. Although a little disappointed in how Golden Cooler turned out, I'm looking forward to seeing similar design strategies in future sets.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:53 am

Golden Cooler, for the hype they put on him, seems very disappointing.

Really looking forward to seeing who this arc uses (even though I expect Broly to be in there somewhere for the money) I'd like to see a Xeno King Vegeta on the good side to go with Bardock and fuse with him