"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Bergamo wrote: Your math is wrong. SSB <10*SSG.

So,
SSG > less than 1/10th of SSB
SSG > 0.1*SSB
10*SSG > SSB
Then if you want to simplify this relationship further, one can assume, SSB <= 10*SSG or SSB = 10*SSB, so if you're saying my math is wrong because I used >= instead of <=, I guess I can buy that. So yes, if you don't want to simplify and generalize, and only go by facts then:
SSB < 10*SSG.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed May 16, 2018 7:38 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote: I disagree, SSB Evolution is something more than CSSB. CSSB is just ssb at 100 power as stated many times in the manga. Toppo was able to catch a CSSB goku off guard, and if toppo is to get god of destruction status, they definitely need something more than MSSB.

But we can agree to disagree, cause I'm not changing my mind on this topic till i get proven wrong by the manga (thats if).

I agree that toyotaro is doing a great job with the manga. Lets hope he keeps going strong.
One scene in the manga has already shown in the latest chapter to be the anime counterpart:
Source: Chapter 35, Page 16

ImageImageImageImage
Source: Episode 109, 16:45-17:15

Basically, the scene in the anime where Goku is using SSB + Kaioken x20 was shown in the manga as MSSB Goku. I'm pretty sure in the subsequent chapters, we will see both MSSB Goku and Vegeta fighting Jiren, which will be the exact scene in the anime where SSBE Vegeta and SSB+Kaioken x20 Goku fights Jiren.

The manga didn't use Kaioken as a stacker which allowed Vegeta to compete with Goku and obtain the same transformation. In the anime, SSBE had to be created for Vegeta to have something that would be equal to Goku's Kaioken x 20. Additionally, there is nowhere in the manga that states MSSB = 100x SSB. If there, please show me. The manga rather states that SSB >= 10xSSG.
Again, agree to disagree, cause i wont change my mind till the manga proves me wrong (if it does)

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu May 17, 2018 8:55 am

[spoiler]17 takes out Botamo. Gamisaras takes out 18 the Magical girls, Murichim and Jilcol[/spoiler]
Last edited by ToshioWrites on Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:56 am

ToshioWrites wrote:[spoiler]17 takes out Botamo. Gamisaras takes out 18 and the Magical girls[/spoiler]
U4 is strong here, at the cost of 18 and Ribrianne. Fuck.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu May 17, 2018 9:04 am

OLKv3 wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:[spoiler]17 takes out Botamo. Gamisaras takes out 18 and the Magical girls[/spoiler]
U4 is strong here, at the cost of 18 and Ribrianne. Fuck.
Wow! 18 got taken out already. Looks like we will not get a 18 vs Ribrianne fight in the manga.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:08 am

ToshioWrites wrote:[spoiler]17 takes out Botamo. Gamisaras takes out 18 the Magical girls, Murichim and Jilcol[/spoiler]
This is just terrible. I am glad U4 s getting some eliminations but why 18 and the Magical Girls? They set up a fight between Ribrianne and 18 in chapter 33 and now they will both get eliminated by Gamisaras before they could even finish their fight? What was even the point of putting Ribrianne in the manga cover if she will be this irrelevant in the manga? Ffs we won't even see any 17 and 18 team-ups. Now I know how Krillin and Tien fans felt when they saw chapter 34.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu May 17, 2018 9:11 am

[spoiler]17 also takes out methiop,napapa ,zium and damon. Piccolo takes out Gamisaras[/spoiler]
Last edited by ToshioWrites on Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu May 17, 2018 9:12 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:[spoiler]17 takes out Botamo. Gamisaras takes out 18 the Magical girls, Murichim and Jilcol[/spoiler]
This is just terrible. I am glad U4 s getting some eliminations but why 18 and the Magical Girls? They set up a fight between Ribrianne and 18 in chapter 33 and now they will both get eliminated by Gamisaras before they could even finish their fight? What was even the point of putting Ribrianne in the manga cover if she will be this irrelevant in the manga? Ffs we won't even see any 17 and 18 team-ups. Now I know how Krillin and Tien fans felt when they saw chapter 34.
Please wait to read the chapter before these type of reactions. We don't need this thread locked up again.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu May 17, 2018 9:16 am

[spoiler]Piccolo was eliminated by Damon[/spoiler]

[spoiler]CSSB Vegeta fighting Dyspo and then Toppo and apparently is owning Toppo[/spoiler]

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:25 am

If it is 4chan,I’m not buying it.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu May 17, 2018 9:34 am

Hawk9211 wrote:If it is 4chan,I’m not buying it.
It’s not

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 am

It's from the guy who spoils it for us every month, it's legit.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 am

I'll wait for pages, but at least it sounds like Universe 4 is getting some hits in.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu May 17, 2018 9:44 am

The usual person from narutoforums.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Thu May 17, 2018 9:58 am

I didn’t particularly mind Kuririn and Tenshinhan getting eliminated considering how much they did over the course of the original series, but it seems like 18 is getting knocked out without doing too much which is disappointing.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:15 am

after reading some spoilers i believe some people will be pissed. :D

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 17, 2018 10:17 am

IM21 wrote:after reading some spoilers i believe some people will be pissed. :D
People are always pissed over some thing or other. That's just how the fandom rolls.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Thu May 17, 2018 10:55 am

It may be too early of me to ask this since the chapter isn't even out..

But am I really the only one who enjoys how unpredictable Toyotaro is with this arc?

I am so happy to know events are not happening the same like in the Anime. Why do we need to see the same fights for a second time? I'd be so bored out of my mind. I want something fresh.

I'm even more happy that the elimination order has changed. I told you so to everyone who thought it was going to remain the same! This gives us a new chance to enjoy a much more different take on the Tournament of Power.

My only problem with this current chapter based on what we're hearing is the pacing. Now I understand everyone's complaints over this arc being a tad too fast. Toyotaro is quick to get rid of characters for some reason. Hopefully they have proper send offs instead of being one-shotted off the stage with a simple punch like Krillin and Tenshinhan. I'm crossing my fingers to see whether or not Toyotaro is stepping up his choreography and story boarding.

Besides the pacing, this chapter is kind of getting me excited. I'm annoyed at how others are so quick to jump to conclusions because some of their favorites get eliminated before other characters. Apparently your favorite character not doing what YOU want them to do makes Toyotaro a shitty mangaka (according to the NForums).

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu May 17, 2018 11:02 am

Exline wrote:It may be too early of me to ask this since the chapter isn't even out..

But am I really the only one who enjoys how unpredictable Toyotaro is with this arc?

I am so happy to know events are not happening the same like in the Anime. Why do we need to see the same fights for a second time? I'd be so bored out of my mind. I want something fresh.

I'm even more happy that the elimination order has changed. I told you so to everyone who thought it was going to remain the same! This gives us a new chance to enjoy a much more different take on the Tournament of Power.

My only problem with this current chapter based on what we're hearing is the pacing. Now I understand everyone's complaints over this arc being a tad too fast. Toyotaro is quick to get rid of characters for some reason. Hopefully they have proper send offs instead of being one-shotted off the stage with a simple punch like Krillin and Tenshinhan. I'm crossing my fingers to see whether or not Toyotaro is stepping up his choreography and story boarding.

Besides the pacing, this chapter is kind of getting me excited. I'm annoyed at how others are so quick to jump to conclusions because some of their favorites get eliminated before other characters. Apparently your favorite character not doing what YOU want them to do makes Toyotaro a shitty mangaka (according to the NForums).
People in general care about the characters more than anything else that's why.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:17 am

Ribrianne can't concentrate with Krillin yelling, because he's so handsome :D