Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: 2018 Dragon Ball Heroes Promotional Anime Announced

Post by dbgtFO » Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Cipher wrote:This is preliminary news, but per usual JUMP leaks courtesy of Yonkou Productions on Twitter, a promotional Dragon Ball Heroes anime has been announced for a July 1, 2018 premiere:
DBH's Universe Survival and Prison Planet arcs that will be made into an PR Anime. The first episode's pre-screening will take place on July 1 at Ion Lake Town. And although it's a PR Anime they'll mash a few episodes together in order to extend its length.
I wanted to snag first post on this inevitable 1,000-page thread to note that we are truly in hell.
Ah, thread's been merged with the one in the Super section, so you no longer have first post here.
That's a shame.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 17, 2018 6:59 pm

If this is a series or even just a special I hope that Tomioka Atsuhiro is the series kousei. His work on Dragon Ball Super was great and if this series will be about Beet playing a game then he'll definitely be a great fit!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 17, 2018 7:44 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Ah, thread's been merged with the one in the Super section, so you no longer have first post here.
That's a shame.
The other thread existed first and had far more replies, so I couldn't just close it. Unfortunately, at least with mod level tools, they automatically merge posts chronologically. There was no way to give him first post without deleting everything prior to his.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes is getting an anime adaptation.

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 pm

sintzu wrote:This does sound very bad if we're looking at it as the game being turned into an anime but that may not be the case. They could just be taking the story arcs they made (hell's gate and the current Fu story) and work them into where Super left off.
Trying to fit this into Super's timeline is an awful idea. Theyll have much more freedom if they just go wild with it as a spin off

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:28 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Ah, thread's been merged with the one in the Super section, so you no longer have first post here.
That's a shame.
The other thread existed first and had far more replies, so I couldn't just close it. Unfortunately, at least with mod level tools, they automatically merge posts chronologically. There was no way to give him first post without deleting everything prior to his.
Question. Did the scan say we’d cover the Universe Survival Arc and Prison Planet Arc or did it just say Universe Mission: Prison Planet Arc?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu May 17, 2018 8:33 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
That's a shame.
Question. Did the scan say we’d cover the Universe Survival Arc and Prison Planet Arc or did it just say Universe Mission: Prison Planet Arc?
Pretty sure just the Prison Planet arc. But for this to make sense to general audiences, some further clarification will need to be made about that world.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote: The other thread existed first and had far more replies, so I couldn't just close it. Unfortunately, at least with mod level tools, they automatically merge posts chronologically. There was no way to give him first post without deleting everything prior to his.
Pretty sure just the Prison Planet arc. But for this to make sense to general audiences, some further clarification will need to be made about that world.
Not really. This is probably just intended for japanese audiences. We’ll probably go back to how Super was before it was added to Crunchyroll. The episodes will air in japan and by the next day, there will be illegal copies of the episode streamed on the internet with our boy herms or ken doing the translations for the subtitles.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Question. Did the scan say we’d cover the Universe Survival Arc and Prison Planet Arc or did it just say Universe Mission: Prison Planet Arc?
Not really. This is probably just intended for japanese audiences. We’ll probably go back to how Super was before it was added to Crunchyroll. The episodes will air in japan and by the next day, there will be illegal copies of the episode streamed on the internet with our boy herms or ken doing the translations for the subtitles.
Just because there's every chance it may not be officially released outside of Japan, doesn't mean that Toei won't cater for the casual audience.

Super's anime proved that.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:14 pm

My guess is that this anime will have an episode number equal to that of the number of chapters in the manga for the Prison Planet Saga (PPS) or since the PPS is under SDBH’S Universe Missions, the number of episodes could equal the number of Universe Missions we get for the PPS.

Each episode would range from 7 to 15 minutes. And the episodes will either be released weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly (but if its monthly, we should be getting some 24 minute episodes).

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 pm

I rather if we get a normal run time for these episodes than just 7 minutes.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 17, 2018 11:37 pm

24-minute-long episodes is a must (actually, the more Heroes the better, or in this case, the longer). With opening and ending themes if possible too. Because all Heroes songs are amazing, so naturally the openings and endings wouldn't disappoint either (and we would get more animation, screenshots and etc).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:53 am

Grimlock wrote:24-minute-long episodes is a must (actually, the more Heroes the better, or in this case, the longer). With opening and ending themes if possible too. Because all Heroes songs are amazing, so naturally the openings and endings wouldn't disappoint either (and we would get more animation, screenshots and etc).
This is a PR anime. Not a TV anime. Its likely that the episodes will be shorter than the normal tv anime

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri May 18, 2018 6:07 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:24-minute-long episodes is a must (actually, the more Heroes the better, or in this case, the longer). With opening and ending themes if possible too. Because all Heroes songs are amazing, so naturally the openings and endings wouldn't disappoint either (and we would get more animation, screenshots and etc).
This is a PR anime. Not a TV anime. Its likely that the episodes will be shorter than the normal tv anime
Why? Can you name pr anime that has had shorter episodes. I can't.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 am

sangofe wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
I actually can’t find any pr anime when i look up PR anime on google. Do you know where i can find some PR anime?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: This is a PR anime. Not a TV anime. Its likely that the episodes will be shorter than the normal tv anime
I actually can’t find any pr anime when i look up PR anime on google. Do you know where i can find some PR anime?
Just off the top of my head, the semi-recent '[ur=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_Tenchi_Muyo!l]Ai Tenchi Muyo![/url]' series would likely count. It was sponsored by Takahashi, Okayama in Japan, primarily to promote tourism for the city (though it was also made as the first Tenchi title in a while at the time too). It lasted 60 episodes, but 10 of those are recaps, and regardless, all of them are in the five minute range.

So even as a PR anime, we could end up getting a good handful of material, but especially if it's going to be a web thing rather than a TV airing, I wouldn't expect anything too grandiose in terms of run time per installment, at least is my guess.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 18, 2018 8:50 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:This is a PR anime. Not a TV anime. Its likely that the episodes will be shorter than the normal tv anime
Well, Dragon Ball Super manga is also a promotional material and it has more pages than Toriyama's manga back when it was being serialized. Maybe we get something more like a normal run eventually.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 8:53 am

sangofe wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Does that go without saying, though? Is that detail officially confirmed?
It was. You should read Yonku Productions tweet about this.
Why should I trust them?
You could also read Herms's tweets who is a member of the Kanzenshuu team.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 8:56 am

Cursemark505 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Does that go without saying, though? Is that detail officially confirmed?
It was. You should read Yonku Productions tweet about this.
That was his own opinion i think because he saw that it's apparently supposed to be a promotional anime, even though, as others have pointed out, Pokemon is also a promotional anime and it's been around for 20+ years.

Has anybody actually bothered to translate the announcement word for word? That would clear up some confusion. Has anybody asked Herms?
Herms has also translated it and said the exact same thing.
Majinwarman

gantarat

Post by gantarat » Fri May 18, 2018 9:06 am

Pretty much that Heroes become anime because SSJ4 VS Blue in Planet Prison Arcs

[spoiler]which 4 lose but could get rematch since story just start[/spoiler]

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 9:12 am

I wonder if Yamamuro will on the Heroes PR anime? I think he should considering he is not on the Super movie and needs something to do.
Majinwarman