Ideas or Concepts for fan fiction/manga !?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Ideas or Concepts for fan fiction/manga !?

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri May 18, 2018 4:02 am

Hello everyone so I would like to propose here a topic for the FanFic/FanManga authors who have a story in mind but having little idea. Either they don't know how to make this original or they lack concept or idea for new character.

This topic will have the goal to aim to collect ideas / concept from others authors, but those ideas / concepts would be either scrapped idea who can benefit others or concepts that can be shared between authors. So instead of letting those ideas being not developed or either abandoned, please share them here.

This is a topic for people in lack of imagination given by people who do not lack.

Also as the title suggests this topic could be use too as a section idea box, for exemple you have an idea for a new species for the Dragon Ball Lore that you will use for your project.

Here is an exemple of idea that can be shared :wink:
I've got for Namekian and giving them power up/transformation my idea started because of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41919

First for character such as Namekian, earthling and others to be relevant again it's to start milking their race by giving them transformation like the Saiyan race !
For that I have a proposal taking into account already produce template from Dragon Ball Online and established facts in Dragon Ball Lore as inspiration.

Let's start with Namekian for exemple don't take into account the female namekian idea concept just focus on the transformation.

Here is the concept/idea of how Namekians could have transformations in the same veins as the Saiyans. So like you can see the transformation will be as follow, look the following picture then see the explanation after.

-Super Namekian 1 the antennas arise and become some sort of horns.
-Super Namekian 2 the antennas/horns grow and and join the back of the skull forming an arc.
-Super Namekian 3 the inside of the circular arc fills up and forms a kind of winglet. (A la Cell explaining why Cell perfect form had this shape in his winglet head skull)

I got also an idea of some sort of Saiyan-jin 4 for Namekian look at this picture click on the spoiler bellow

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

From Deviantartist:
SuperSaiyanGod-Zilla.

Then we just need to think about a God form and also we can pull a Migatte no Gokui for a our dear Namekian.
See now that this idea is here that means that everyone can use it and tweak it for its own story purpose. I'm hoping that this Topic is in itself a good idea and that it will be welcomed in this community section thread. :thumbup:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Ideas or Concepts for fan fiction/manga !?

Post by Desassina » Fri May 18, 2018 4:38 am

I'm going to steal my own ideas from another thread. They were based on post-Super story arcs and I've been running with them for quite a while.
1. Make Goku's reincarnation into a new character who's born on Earth without knowing whether he's a Saiyan or not.
2. Have Vegeta becoming a resident on Hell as the new Akkuman when he learns that Goku can't go back to what he was.
3. Allow the two of them to meet in Fortuneteller Baba's place like Goku did in the original Dragon Ball to know who he is.
4. Let Piccolo wish to become Porunga so that he's sealed in the world of Dragon Balls as the most powerful being of Namek.
5. Introduce an image projection to all those who are Ki sensitive, including the Wolf Fang Fist, as well as the new Oozaruken.
6. Have a new demon showing up with a fatal image projection technique, Maouken, forever trapping the mind in a vision of Hell.
7. Let Akkuman Vegeta show up in this vision of his to free the soul of Goku's reincarnation when his body could be assumed for dead.
8. Allow characters trapped in limbo to become visible due to this event and a new found power up based on taking the soul to its limits.
9. Introduce the world inside of the Dragon Balls by taking the main character on a journey with Piccolo for infinite wisdom and knowledge.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:41 pm

I admit, I usually stick to crossover stories, though Dragon Ball remains the largest in terms of number, that I follow. As such, recently, I have been toying around with a crossover between DBZ or DB Super and DC Comics.

I say, "toying around" as I have a concept, but only a vague goal at best for the end result. And depending on the timeline, quite a bit can change.

So how would the crossover work? Well, DC Comics has certain, mischievous, characters that are basically rabid fans of Batman and Superman (with a few more minor ones thrown in), that also have reality warping powers. Major, reality warping powers that allows them to travel between universes, and screw with Gotham and/or Metropolis. If you've ever heard of them, they are Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk.

In DC Comics, Superman (and by extension, his cousin Supergirl, but she's not key to the plot) has that "S" symbol that stands for Hope. And they do their best to embody this aspect. Like, even in the face of what ought to be their greatest fears, they never lose Hope.

Now, here's the first quandary I've come across; Future Trunks also embodies Hope for his world in his timeline. He's a true hero, and will never balk at helping anyone out (much like Superman). But, should it be DBZ Trunks, a short time after the Cell Saga, thereby being in the younger group of heroes like the Titans (a teen, if technically an adult), or Super Trunks at the end of his arc, when he and Mai head back to their timeline, before Zamasu goes on a rampage?

The Z one would be a threat comes that is too great for Trunks alone to deal with. So he gets into his Time Machine, goes back to the past, but Mr. Mxy tampers with it to bring it to DC to show that Superman is the greatest embodiment of Hope. This one opens up a way for Trunks to connect to people his own age. And while TrunksxSupergirl is a common ship for this setting, I would look to a more human person. If for no other reason than to subvert that trope.

The Super One, Trunks would be an adult of an age with most of the Justice League, and already with Mai. They would be in a strange world where, unlike either version of their own, barring Gohan, costumed people, some with powers and some without, work to save the world and its people from dangers big and small. But unlike a number of these heroes, Trunks is more willing to kill bad guys to be done with them, then to turn them over to the police or whatnot.

I have read a few Dragon Ball, non-crossover stories, but I can never come up with something to do with a strictly Dragon Ball story. At least, not what's already been done anyway.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat May 19, 2018 9:07 am

Desassina wrote:I'm going to steal my own ideas from another thread. They were based on post-Super story arcs and I've been running with them for quite a while.
1. Make Goku's reincarnation into a new character who's born on Earth without knowing whether he's a Saiyan or not.
2. Have Vegeta becoming a resident on Hell as the new Akkuman when he learns that Goku can't go back to what he was.
3. Allow the two of them to meet in Fortuneteller Baba's place like Goku did in the original Dragon Ball to know who he is.
4. Let Piccolo wish to become Porunga so that he's sealed in the world of Dragon Balls as the most powerful being of Namek.
5. Introduce an image projection to all those who are Ki sensitive, including the Wolf Fang Fist, as well as the new Oozaruken.
6. Have a new demon showing up with a fatal image projection technique, Maouken, forever trapping the mind in a vision of Hell.
7. Let Akkuman Vegeta show up in this vision of his to free the soul of Goku's reincarnation when his body could be assumed for dead.
8. Allow characters trapped in limbo to become visible due to this event and a new found power up based on taking the soul to its limits.
9. Introduce the world inside of the Dragon Balls by taking the main character on a journey with Piccolo for infinite wisdom and knowledge.
Nice idea centered on Namekian that can be inspiring.

Mainly your 9 point.
Jackalope89 wrote:I admit, I usually stick to crossover stories, though Dragon Ball remains the largest in terms of number, that I follow. As such, recently, I have been toying around with a crossover between DBZ or DB Super and DC Comics.

I say, "toying around" as I have a concept, but only a vague goal at best for the end result. And depending on the timeline, quite a bit can change.

So how would the crossover work? Well, DC Comics has certain, mischievous, characters that are basically rabid fans of Batman and Superman (with a few more minor ones thrown in), that also have reality warping powers. Major, reality warping powers that allows them to travel between universes, and screw with Gotham and/or Metropolis. If you've ever heard of them, they are Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk.

In DC Comics, Superman (and by extension, his cousin Supergirl, but she's not key to the plot) has that "S" symbol that stands for Hope. And they do their best to embody this aspect. Like, even in the face of what ought to be their greatest fears, they never lose Hope.

Now, here's the first quandary I've come across; Future Trunks also embodies Hope for his world in his timeline. He's a true hero, and will never balk at helping anyone out (much like Superman). But, should it be DBZ Trunks, a short time after the Cell Saga, thereby being in the younger group of heroes like the Titans (a teen, if technically an adult), or Super Trunks at the end of his arc, when he and Mai head back to their timeline, before Zamasu goes on a rampage?

The Z one would be a threat comes that is too great for Trunks alone to deal with. So he gets into his Time Machine, goes back to the past, but Mr. Mxy tampers with it to bring it to DC to show that Superman is the greatest embodiment of Hope. This one opens up a way for Trunks to connect to people his own age. And while TrunksxSupergirl is a common ship for this setting, I would look to a more human person. If for no other reason than to subvert that trope.

The Super One, Trunks would be an adult of an age with most of the Justice League, and already with Mai. They would be in a strange world where, unlike either version of their own, barring Gohan, costumed people, some with powers and some without, work to save the world and its people from dangers big and small. But unlike a number of these heroes, Trunks is more willing to kill bad guys to be done with them, then to turn them over to the police or whatnot.

I have read a few Dragon Ball, non-crossover stories, but I can never come up with something to do with a strictly Dragon Ball story. At least, not what's already been done anyway.
So an approach more into Crossover ? Why not ^^

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat May 19, 2018 10:54 pm

In my humble opinion, you should be willing to explore the roots of Dragonball. Perhaps there are ideas or concepts that you'd find if you give Journey to the West a read, or researching Japanese and Chinese Mythology.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:26 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Desassina wrote:I'm going to steal my own ideas from another thread. They were based on post-Super story arcs and I've been running with them for quite a while.
Nice idea centered on Namekian that can be inspiring.

Mainly your 9 point.
Jackalope89 wrote:I admit, I usually stick to crossover stories, though Dragon Ball remains the largest in terms of number, that I follow. As such, recently, I have been toying around with a crossover between DBZ or DB Super and DC Comics.

So an approach more into Crossover ? Why not ^^
I actually already have a crossover going, but the concept is completely different. DC and Dragon Ball share a world, with the main landmass from Dragon Ball's world being turned into a continent on DC's Earth (with the accompanying islands). Starts off shortly after the destruction of Planet Vegeta for a prologue, then jumps to the Great Saiyaman Saga.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun May 20, 2018 9:53 am

FoolsGil wrote:In my humble opinion, you should be willing to explore the roots of Dragonball. Perhaps there are ideas or concepts that you'd find if you give Journey to the West a read, or researching Japanese and Chinese Mythology.
Well I know there is potential unexplored here everything in both mythos have not yet being draw out.
Jackalope89 wrote:I actually already have a crossover going, but the concept is completely different. DC and Dragon Ball share a world, with the main landmass from Dragon Ball's world being turned into a continent on DC's Earth (with the accompanying islands). Starts off shortly after the destruction of Planet Vegeta for a prologue, then jumps to the Great Saiyaman Saga.
A Crossover who should work is Shonen Jump Crossover where all heroes from every Shonen Jump / Shueisha Magazine combine their power against a Great evil.

I'm presently working on a concept with Tenshinhan and how he would look with birds like features. Given the idea that he is from a Bird like species in my story.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:27 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:A Crossover who should work is Shonen Jump Crossover where all heroes from every Shonen Jump / Shueisha Magazine combine their power against a Great evil.
The problem with that kind of crossover, is that it tends to be crushed under its own weight. 2, maybe 3 series in a crossover works. But going beyond that, you get bogged down with characters, power differences, etc.

In fact, a story out there plays with a similar concept. The problem is that most of the characters come off as generic most of the time, with hardly any difference barring their names. And its a story that includes Dragon Ball Z/Super, Sailor Moon, Justice League, Detective Conan, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and One Piece.

The concept isn't bad, but the execution suffers from the amount of different franchises and trying to include so many different characters.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon May 21, 2018 8:02 am

An enemy who has the power to manipulate the field that ki is situated in, so he or she can freely distort the path of ki attacks or ki explosions without any effort as if the attacks were intrinsically following that path, as well as being able to absorb ki, choke off the ability to draw power from a secondary ki reservoir (which is what transformations would be explained as involving), and on weaker enemies being able to paralyze their ki entirely so long as they remain locked on to them. This enemy wouldn't be overly strong, however, outside of these abilities. An enemy like that would be a good set up for a fanfic where they take out Goku and Vegeta by setting the match in their favor and getting the drop on them, but then the rest of the gang (particularly Piccolo) would have to fight them without allowing themselves to be singled out. Buu would be their hard counter perhaps.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:46 am

I was originally going to do a big anthology of "what-ifs" called 'Mysteries of Shenron' a while ago, but I needed a few years to procrastinate. Most of my ideas for Dragon Ball fanfiction come back to the idea of "what ifs". Especially what ifs that completely change the progression of the series if you take them out further.

Like, imagine if Goku came to Earth already capable of activating Super Saiyan without being able to control it.

When I was a kid, I always fantasized about Gohan and Goten having extreme amounts of power, and one of those cases that never gets old is "What if Gohan became a Super Saiyan on Namek?" If not a Super Saiyan then at least a Pseudo-Super Saiyan.
That one actually stemmed back to my idea of "Shikō Gohan", which is basically Gohan being overpowered at every individual point of the series in its own continuity right up until the end of the Cell arc, at which point comes Shikō Goten.
When it comes to Namek, I explain it by creating a scenario in which Gohan receives an extra beatdown and is healed by Dende. Zenkai boost time, which stacks onto his already awakened potential. This brings his power level to at least 200,000, IIRC from V-Jump. And that gives him the power to basically one-shot the entire Ginyu Force, but it's not so overwhelming that Goku couldn't take him out if Ginyu steals his body.
But then you have to break continuity and go back to the original timeline for Freeza, because that's where you can get the extra beatdown that now makes Gohan stronger than Freeza's third form. Gohan never got this third beatdown in canon, so theoretically he could go above his father this time around.

Really simple ideas that are still interesting to work with.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:55 am

The what if makes for interesting stories MasakoX proves it many times.

And one that I had is what if a Cell Jr survived ? And like Majin Buu created his own species ? That would give us an interesting species who would be a force to reckon with.

As on being pure conceptual I got a concept with the symbol of each Universe what if this sympbol was a symbol given to an armor (Saint Seiya like armor) where a chosen warrior among the said Universe can summon to help him fight a threat ? But I scrapped the idea and looked for another approach I was looking for a God of War approach.

So even though I scrapped the idea I share it here for people to use it maybe you can turn that into something interesting.

Also I'd like to extend this topic for giving names.

For exemple I have a full bucket list of Saiyan names and others species so if peoples are interested because they don't know how to name their characters I have few names to show you ? :wtf:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:09 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:The what if makes for interesting stories MasakoX proves it many times.

And one that I had is what if a Cell Jr survived ? And like Majin Buu created his own species ? That would give us an interesting species who would be a force to reckon with.

As on being pure conceptual I got a concept with the symbol of each Universe what if this sympbol was a symbol given to an armor (Saint Seiya like armor) where a chosen warrior among the said Universe can summon to help him fight a threat ? But I scrapped the idea and looked for another approach I was looking for a God of War approach.

So even though I scrapped the idea I share it here for people to use it maybe you can turn that into something interesting.

Also I'd like to extend this topic for giving names.

For exemple I have a full bucket list of Saiyan names and others species so if peoples are interested because they don't know how to name their characters I have few names to show you ? :wtf:
Well, for Majin Buu, he actually did.

Geekdom101 actually did it in a video that after being shown some of Mr. Satan's magazines, Buu created Miss Buu, and the two begun their race from there.

Can't remember which video it was, but its out there.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:28 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Well, for Majin Buu, he actually did.

Geekdom101 actually did it in a video that after being shown some of Mr. Satan's magazines, Buu created Miss Buu, and the two begun their race from there.

Can't remember which video it was, but its out there.
I saw this video don't worry but what I was refering is that a surviving Cell Jr can spawn from him it's own species, which allowing earth to roam full of others species With Majin and Seru-seijin roaming on earth allowing people to makes differents characters than only Saiyan or Namek.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Edit this message and add this
Hello everyone, I present here my organizational chart of my Transformations Saiya-jin in a story (fanfic) that I realize. 8)

Let's begin. :thumbup:

Here in my idea and for my fanfic, you have four types of transformation. The first type is called energy transformations, the second type is called biological transformations, the third type is called spiritual transformations. Finally, the fourth type is called astral transformation.

So you have in energy transformations the following ones that have these names:
  • The Eiki or vital energy, here yellow color.
  • The Seirei or the energy of the soul, here white color.
  • The Goddo or the divine energy, here blue color.
  • The Oni or the demonic energy, here green color.
  • The Honsei or the natural energy, here red color.
  • The Mahou or the supernatural energy, here purple color.
  • The Tsuriai or the energy of harmony, here orange color.
  • The Gyaku or anti-energy, here black color.
Eiki corresponds to the vital energy that every living being has in him/her, it's an energy produced by the body, Eiki in Japanese just mean energy and vitality.
Seirei it's the energy that is produced by the soul so it's not an energy that is produce by the body, in Japanese Seirei means spirit, spirit being a synonym of soul in some case.
Goddo refers to the divine energy, here Goddo being the Japanese transcript of the English word God.
Oni it's the demonic energy, Oni designating the demons in Japan. It is an antagonistic energy to the Goddo energy.
Honsei corresponds to the natural energy that governs gravity and magnetism for example, Honsei in Japanese means Nature.
Mahou corresponds to the energy of the supernatural like magic, invocations and other magical things it is opposed to the Natural energy, in Japanese Mahou means Magic.
Tsuriai refers to an energy that is there to serve as a stabilizer between all other forms of energy, in Japanese this term meaning Harmony, Symmetry.
Gyaku it's an energy or should I say more exactly an anti-energy that exists in the world of void and despite its nature links the universes between them, Gyaku in Japanese means inverse.
All these energies can be associated with each other by making combos of energies but they can also be associated with transformations called Biological for more effect.
In so-called biological transformation, here are their names:
  • The Kiso form is the normal appearance of the Saiyan, no associated color.
  • The Zaru form is the appearance of the Saiyan having gained control of its Oozaru shape, the color associated here is brown.
  • The Tama form is the appearance of the Saiyan having acquired the biological control of his soul, the color associated here is beige.
  • The iden form is the appearance of the Saiyan having acquired control of its DNA inheritance, the associated color is pink.
  • The Densen form is the appearance of the Saiyan having acquired control of his S cells, the color associated here is crimson
Kiso it's simply the basic form of the word "Base" in Japanese.
Zaru comes from the term Oozaru meaning monkey king, so this is the form of the SSJ4 which I took the concept and changed the name and the colour.
Tama here is a Biological form fusing the body and the soul of the Saiyan into a single entity, Tama is one of the way to say soul in Japanese.
Iden it's here a form calling on the DNA of a Saiyan, iden meaning heredity in Japanese, the idea here is that the Saiyan unlocks all the hereditary potential of his ancestors stored in its strands of DNA. Also for english speaker Iden have the same pronounciation as Hidden which is something hide.
Densen in Japanese it means contagion, here Kanba/Cumber serves as inspiration here the Saiyan transforms via his/her S Cells and can infect other Saiyan to control them.
All these biological transformations like the energy transformations have 3 level of power example there is the Super Saiya-jin 1, the Super Saiya-jin 2 and the Super Saiya-jin 3 (here compared to my charts Super Saiyan equal Eiki Saiya- jin).
Then you have the spiritual transformations:
  • The Migatte no Gokui or transcendental reflex or the mastery of instinctive movements or the Ultra Instinct here named Migatte Saiya-jin, the predominant color here is the gray.
  • The Nentaai no Gokui or transcendental prescience or the mastery of extra sensory perception or the Ultra Esper here named Nentaai Saiya-jin, the predominant color here is indigo.
The Migatte no Gokui I'm not going to explain this form everyone knows it, it's the same as in Dragon Ball Super, however in my idea it's a spiritual transformation that's all.
The Nentaai no Gokui, here the idea is to have an opposite transformation to the Migatte no Gokui, if the first have its base on the instinct then the Nentaai no Gokui have its base on the prediction by the mind, here Nen means thought/thinking and Taai means Altruism in Japanese.
Finally we have the last transformation which is an astral transformation:
  • Seikitai Yugo or Seikitai Saiya-jin or Fusion with the astral body.
The Seikitai it's simply in Japanese the astral body, if the physical body allows to perceive the five senses then the astral body allows the Saiyan to perceive others senses hidden to the physical body. The idea here is to bring the astral body of the Saiyan to the surface/real world and then merge (Yugo) again with it creating an Astral transformation, the body here will be translucent/transparent, think at something ressembling the surface of a bubble.
Finally, if the Saiyan is competent enough then he will be able to combine all his/her transformations into a single transformation that I call the Zentai Saiya-jin if I had to give a type to this final transformation then it would be a deic type transformation.
The Zentai here is an ultimate form, moreover Zentai, means everything as in all, here the Saiyan would become a god in its true sense from a real world point of view, with competent almost being omnipotent/omniscience.

Here is for me if you need further information leave me a comment and I will be glad to answer them. :wink:

mancini

Post by mancini » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:39 am

What about Alien/out universe concept