"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat May 19, 2018 5:31 am

OLKv3 wrote:Manga Jiren is a team player. That's gonna radically change the dynamic of Jiren and the final battle in general. Anime Jiren suddenly hated friends and thought team ups were a crutch for the weak by the finale. Then his backstory was essentially "I lost my family so all family ties are worthless REEE". Wonder how Toyo will handle this nicer Jiren
The backstory for Jiren is from Toriyama so it is still going to be the same. He will probably start getting annoyed if the other Pride Troopers start losing like in the anime.

The Pride Troopers losing as a team will make them look worse.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:20 am

Full chapter is out in korean, the usual sites. Don't think I can link it here
It's a fun chapter, enjoy it more than last month's. Damon picked up some skills but I'm still disappointed that he never showed any unique abilities.
Also Goku vs Jiren just ending with Jiren leaving feels so wrong and anti climatic. You didn't get that sense of "oh shit" from Jiren here

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:11 am

OLKv3 wrote:Full chapter is out in korean, the usual sites. Don't think I can link it here
It's a fun chapter, enjoy it more than last month's. Damon picked up some skills but I'm still disappointed that he never showed any unique abilities.
Also Goku vs Jiren just ending with Jiren leaving feels so wrong and anti climatic. You didn't get that sense of "oh shit" from Jiren here
Toyotaro already dedicated an entire chapter to Jiren, it would've been boring to continue that fight. Personally I liked how he focused on more Universes.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat May 19, 2018 7:33 am

Seems less rush once you have the full chapter. And I'm digging how much importance toyotaro is giving everyone else that isnt universe 7. Heck, cant believe I'm saying this, but manga jiren is very likable. He surely is something else compared to the anime. Even if he ends up being “friends are worthless” type jiren, I'm positive he would executed much better than the anime.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 19, 2018 8:21 am

I've seen the Korean scans of the chapter and it seem more interesting than last months entry, but I feel a lot of character were mishandled again. The manga still has more of a feeling of a Battle Royal than the anime did but it doesn't utilize that concept much to provide intriguing battles or character dynamics.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:32 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I've seen the Korean scans of the chapter and it seem more interesting than last months entry, but I feel a lot of character were mishandled again. The manga still has more of a feeling of a Battle Royal than the anime did but it doesn't utilize that concept much to provide intriguing battles or character dynamics.
Overall it's just boring and everything really feels like filler until the main event
2 U7 eliminations this chapter but it still feels like nothing happened

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I've seen the Korean scans of the chapter and it seem more interesting than last months entry, but I feel a lot of character were mishandled again. The manga still has more of a feeling of a Battle Royal than the anime did but it doesn't utilize that concept much to provide intriguing battles or character dynamics.
Overall it's just boring and everything really feels like filler until the main event
2 U7 eliminations this chapter but it still feels like nothing happened
This is a huge issue for me.

I don't get anything out of any of main cast being eliminated because it either feels anticlimactic or their presence in the Tournament Of Power felt so minimal and/or inconsequential that when they bite the dust I don't really care.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat May 19, 2018 10:14 am

Surprisingly enough Nigrisshi and The Preecho are still in. I hope they do something in the manga.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat May 19, 2018 10:35 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Don't know if anybody posted this yet, but I found an image on Twitter of the ToP contestants board, which keeps track of who's still in and who's out.

BTW, little fun fact: This is my 500th post! Hell yeah, I'm a Regular now. About time
Get Fucked, C_unt

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat May 19, 2018 10:50 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Don't know if anybody posted this yet, but I found an image on Twitter of the ToP contestants board, which keeps track of who's still in and who's out.

BTW, little fun fact: This is my 500th post! Hell yeah, I'm a Regular now. About time
Damn U11 still has 10 member, that's kinda of a shocker. Also congratulations on your 500 post.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat May 19, 2018 10:52 am

Probably the u6 saiyans and maybe 17 will take out 7 pride troopers imo.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sat May 19, 2018 11:06 am

The manga just hit the first low point for me as I'm really not a fan of how certain someone's elimination was handled this chapter. Other than that though it seems like a pretty solid chapter.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat May 19, 2018 11:08 am

ToshioWrites wrote:Probably the u6 saiyans and maybe 17 will take out 7 pride troopers imo.
The universe 6 female saiyans most likely. And yeah, I'm surprised the manga has universe 11 have an edge in power AND in numbers, all 10 at that. Something the anime did not do, as a bunch were wasted immediately.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat May 19, 2018 11:16 am

As much as I love the manga, it did a terrible job with the U7 fighters who are out so far, especially Piccolo. How can you have 2 Namakians yet never have Piccolo fight them ?

Does Toppo seem weaker than he was against Goku ? from what I remember Goku couldn't touch him yet not only did Vegeta kick him across the stage but he managed to bitch slap Dyspo while doing so. He's either weaker or Vegeta's stronger.

In terms of the pride troopers, with them all being in I wonder if their elemination will be different from what it was in the anime. Maybe Dyspo will help Toppo fight Vegeta instead of fighting Gohan who will fight someone else. If Toppo isn't getting a destroyer form like he did in the anime then it'll make sense for him to get help.

We've yet to see anything form Kale and Culifla so it should be interesting to see how different they're handled. Maybe we can get a Potara fusion (Kefla) vs Fusion dance (Gogeta) fight.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat May 19, 2018 11:24 am

Spider-Man wrote:

Damn U11 still has 10 member, that's kinda of a shocker. Also congratulations on your 500 post.
I like that Universe 7 is actually tied for 3rd/4th so it makes it look like they are in trouble and could possibly lose.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Sat May 19, 2018 11:26 am

While I don't like how U7's fighters have been knocked off so far, I do like that Toyo's not saving the U7 for closer to the end of the tournament. It was weird in the anime how long most of U7's team lasted. Also, it was weird how U11's team basically fell apart in the first half. I vastly prefer the manga's approach of keeping them all in so far. You really get the sense they're this formidable, almost unstoppable team from lack of eliminations alone. Though, I'm sure that'll start to change soon.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat May 19, 2018 11:27 am

Spider-Man wrote:

Thanks bro :D :thumbup:
Get Fucked, C_unt

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat May 19, 2018 11:30 am

Without knowing what's, I call this a great chapter far far better than the last one.
The Battle Royal dynamic is back, characters helping each other out, Universe 4 hidden fighters doing stuff early instead of been hidden for 90% of the tournament, we even gotten a gag fight with #18 and Vegeta kicking ass. The danger and chaos is still well present with #18 and Piccolo going out.

#17 and Piccolo were specially cool this chapter.

The only lackluster thing is Goku vs Jiren, they just stopped? I'll wait for the text but that seems extremely forced.
sintzu wrote:As much as I love the manga, it did a terrible job with the U7 fighters who are out so far, especially Piccolo. How can you have 2 Namakians yet never have Piccolo fight them ?

Does Toppo seem weaker than he was against Goku ? from what I remember Goku couldn't touch him yet not only did Vegeta kick him across the stage but he managed to bitch slap Dyspo while doing so. He's either weaker or Vegeta's stronger.

In terms of the pride troopers, with them all being in I wonder if their elemination will be different from what it was in the anime. Maybe Dyspo will help Toppo fight Vegeta instead of fighting Gohan who will fight someone else. If Toppo isn't getting a destroyer form like he did in the anime then it'll make sense for him to get help.

We've yet to see anything form Kale and Culifla so it should be interesting to see how different they're handled. Maybe we can get a Potara fusion (Kefla) vs Fusion dance (Gogeta) fight.
Why should Piccolo fight the Namekians? Just because they are the same species? He doesn't know them.

Toppo is weaker than Goku, in their fight Goku only lost because of overconfidence. Re-read that fight.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat May 19, 2018 11:36 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:Manga Jiren is a team player. That's gonna radically change the dynamic of Jiren and the final battle in general. Anime Jiren suddenly hated friends and thought team ups were a crutch for the weak by the finale. Then his backstory was essentially "I lost my family so all family ties are worthless REEE". Wonder how Toyo will handle this nicer Jiren
The backstory for Jiren is from Toriyama so it is still going to be the same. He will probably start getting annoyed if the other Pride Troopers start losing like in the anime.

The Pride Troopers losing as a team will make them look worse.
How can you even say that you are sure his backstory is going to be the same after this chapter? Elimination order was supposedly from Toriyama, but it's been made apparent that many things can be changed.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:00 pm

[spoiler]Botamo's elimination was great btw. That and U4 being effective on more than U7 was pretty cool. Still mad how quickly they were dealt with, but I get the fast pace[/spoiler]