Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - General Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:48 pm

Budokai 1 style cutscenes? O_O *fangasms*
­

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:56 pm

This may come across as weird, but I can't wait to see how the ki auras will look with this high-def, high-powered tech the PS3 and 360 sport. I'd better see free-flowing, wavey little effects, and lightning bolts that spark back and forth as if they're alive, casting brilliant lighting effects on the characters...

:shock:
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kikoha Hater
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kikoha Hater » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:03 pm

Yep, this looks good so far, I expect the best from Dimps as far as Dragon Ball games go. I see #17 and Cell in there, so I hope the character roster and story goes as far to at least the Boo saga. So Nail will be making a return as alternate custom for Piccolo. :)

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:57 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:This may come across as weird, but I can't wait to see how the ki auras will look with this high-def, high-powered tech the PS3 and 360 sport. I'd better see free-flowing, wavey little effects, and lightning bolts that spark back and forth as if they're alive, casting brilliant lighting effects on the characters...

Ummmm... I think that is confirmed by the ssj transformation of goku pics.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:10 pm

*Dub Piccolo accent*
UGH YES THIS LOOKS GREAT I'M HOME! I'M ALIVE! YES YES YES YES!!!!! UUUUGGGH!!!!*cough* Anyway this game looks awesome...sort of like a remake of Budokai 1.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:36 pm

Back to the Budokai engine?
Ugh... I don't think I can go back to a side-view fighter after the "DBZ simulator" Sparking series...
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:50 pm

Humpski wrote:Back to the Budokai engine?
Ugh... I don't think I can go back to a side-view fighter after the "DBZ simulator" Sparking series...
You think that's bad. Think about the Super DBZ fans who love their "manga simulator" to death. We're probably never getting more than one of those.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:19 pm

Kendamu wrote:
You think that's bad. Think about the Super DBZ fans who love their "manga simulator" to death. We're probably never getting more than one of those.
Oh god why, I need to go cry every time I think about this. I don't think the whole "DBZ simulator" idea will be gone forever though. I think there will be several spin offs on the Sparking series only with different names just like the Budokai games. I’m guessing the system of choice from here on fourth will be the PS3 (as much as this depresses me).
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:37 pm

Do we really need a new DBZ game? Really?
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:41 pm

*Something about this game being in development for several years now.*
:shock: Could it be? Have they possibly been working on this since they finished up Budokai 3? I mean, I know they did the two Shin Budokai PSP games but those were much smaller scale projects. They could have been running them side-by-side. And even if not, SB:AR came out a good while ago, right? So that's still a fair amount of dev time already.

I love that Dimps is back in control again. The Sparking! games were nice but they just don't compare to Budokai. I'd love to see a return of an updated capsule system. Pair that with a full featured create-a-character system and... maaaaan, I need a PS3. :cry:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:47 pm

Xyex wrote:
:shock: Could it be? Have they possibly been working on this since they finished up Budokai 3? I mean, I know they did the two Shin Budokai PSP games but those were much smaller scale projects. They could have been running them side-by-side. And even if not, SB:AR came out a good while ago, right? So that's still a fair amount of dev time already.
This has only been in development since a little before t2 was released not as far back as b3 Lol.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:32 pm

mystic trunks wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:This may come across as weird, but I can't wait to see how the ki auras will look with this high-def, high-powered tech the PS3 and 360 sport. I'd better see free-flowing, wavey little effects, and lightning bolts that spark back and forth as if they're alive, casting brilliant lighting effects on the characters...

Ummmm... I think that is confirmed by the ssj transformation of goku pics.
I can see that, and it DOES look rather smexy so far. I kinda meant seeing it in motion, though.
deviantART
[thread]

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:17 am

NeptuneKai wrote:*Dub Piccolo accent*
UGH YES THIS LOOKS GREAT I'M HOME! I'M ALIVE! YES YES YES YES!!!!! UUUUGGGH!!!!*cough* Anyway this game looks awesome...sort of like a remake of Budokai 1.
:lol: I'm seriously thinking about putting that in my sig. :P

Do you guys think that Dimps will incorporate battle damage for all of the characters in Burst Limit? I'm kinda hoping for that, but a part of me thinks they'll just have a ton of costumes for you to choose from...
PLAY B3YOND.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:30 am

Come to think of it, do I see Nail fighting Piccolo in one of those images? Could we be seeing a Budokai series-style game here, but with a roster to rival the Tenkaichi series?
deviantART
[thread]

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:52 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:Come to think of it, do I see Nail fighting Piccolo in one of those images? Could we be seeing a Budokai series-style game here, but with a roster to rival the Tenkaichi series?
Looks more like it's just an alternate color-scheme for Piccolo. So, Piccolo fighting himself. And wasn't Nail's outfit one of the alternate forms for Piccolo that you could choose between in the "Budokai" series?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:04 am

You're right, it was. Forgot about that.

Still, with the PS3 and 360's capabilities, they ARE capable of having a large yet diverse character roster. Here's hoping they make good use of it.
deviantART
[thread]

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:22 am

I thought I was the only one who thought that.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:09 am

mystic trunks wrote:
Xyex wrote:
This has only been in development since a little before t2 was released not as far back as b3 Lol.
Do we have anything official that says this? So far all we know is 'years'. Budokai 1 was in production for 2 or 3 years before it came out. Which means this will be at least as awesome. :D
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:54 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:Come to think of it, do I see Nail fighting Piccolo in one of those images? Could we be seeing a Budokai series-style game here, but with a roster to rival the Tenkaichi series?
Budokai 3 and the Sparking series were barely pushing the limits of the PS2 in terms of content and processing power. So we should atleast get all the characters from Sparking Meteor and hopefully some from the Impact game. Although when Sparking was released it was missing a couple of characters that were in Budokai 3. Meteor has about 90 characters, not counting duplicates of the same characters and fusion & forms. And unless the fighting system is completely overhauled, we're just getting a next-gen Budokai 3 engine with next-gen Budokai 1 presentation. Which is not a bad thing. I myself love rehashes of awesome things (you should see how many Street Fighter games I have and am still trying to get).

Speaking of the greatest fighting game series of forever, with Burst Limit, Street Fighter 4, (maybe) Tekken 6, (maybe) Soul Caliber 4, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 2008 is looking to be the year of the Fighting Game.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:30 am

I hope they don't try to borrow anything from the Sparking! games.

Any more than 40 or so characters and I might just skip this title.

I'm optimistic again because it's Dimps, but let's not make the same mistakes that ruined the Sparking! series for me.