Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:44 am

God you are doing God's work! Te amo Geekdom.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:53 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:God you are doing God's work! Te amo Geekdom.
:o :o
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:17 am

I'm sorry, I'm latino. I guess I overreacted huh? But MAJOR THANK YOU. I love that you guys at Kameha-con took the time and effort to do this for the Latin American fandom.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I'm sorry, I'm latino. I guess I overreacted huh? But MAJOR THANK YOU. I love that you guys at Kameha-con took the time and effort to do this for the Latin American fandom.
I am too and trust me, i appreciate el amor

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Sat May 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I'm sorry, I'm latino. I guess I overreacted huh? But MAJOR THANK YOU. I love that you guys at Kameha-con took the time and effort to do this for the Latin American fandom.
I've always been curious about this, are you fluent in Spanish Geekdom?

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:42 am

Bajosexto wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
I've always been curious about this, are you fluent in Spanish Geekdom?
I was born in Cuba and Spanish is my first language.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:45 am

WOW! Y yo que pense que eras de Inglaterra por alguno u otro motivo, jajaja...soy estupido lol. Me alegra ver que un fan tan importante para el foro es de Latino America!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun May 27, 2018 3:22 am

I gave my very first panel at this con. I did not expect to give it to a room FULL of people. It was way more rad than I would have ever expected. I'm really hoping to see even more fellow fans next year!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 am

I hope, i really hope that next year, we get more Japanese guests other than Ryo Horikawa. I mean if Horikawa comes back, great. But I want more than him. I wanna see the queen (We all know who that is), Big Green (not the dub; Although it would be funny if VAs from that dub came to the con next year), Little Baldie, and The Emperor. Don't spoil it for me Geekdom, but at least give me a little tease.
Caulifla best girl! :)

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:23 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I hope, i really hope that next year, we get more Japanese guests other than Ryo Horikawa. I mean if Horikawa comes back, great. But I want more than him. I wanna see the queen (We all know who that is), Big Green (not the dub; Although it would be funny if VAs from that dub came to the con next year), Little Baldie, and The Emperor. Don't spoil it for me Geekdom, but at least give me a little tease.
Yes, I hope so as well. It's funny that so many people paid money to fly to Irving, TX for Kamehacon, an unofficial DB con. Yet, the official DB tour at San Diego is part of the comicon and is at a convention center more than twice the size as the one at Irving. It's supposed to have Toei animators there not just voice actors as well as a exclusive promotional video for the new movie. There's also supposed to be a lot more merchandise that is DB exclusive which I heard that in this year's Kamehacon, was not a lot because of some "rules" that are now lifted.

I do hope that the next Kamehacon will have more just voice actors, but people actually involved in the animation, directing, storyboard, and scriptwriting, but baby steps. Masako Nozawa is probably going to be there. Still, I'm more interested in people like Naho Oishi, Takao Koyama, Yoshitaka Nagayama, Tadayoshi Yammamuro, Toyotaro, Toshio Yoshitaka, Tatsuya Nagamine, Ryōta Nakamura, Ryuu King, Miyako Tsuji.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:10 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I hope, i really hope that next year, we get more Japanese guests other than Ryo Horikawa. I mean if Horikawa comes back, great. But I want more than him. I wanna see the queen (We all know who that is), Big Green (not the dub; Although it would be funny if VAs from that dub came to the con next year), Little Baldie, and The Emperor. Don't spoil it for me Geekdom, but at least give me a little tease.
Yes, I hope so as well. It's funny that so many people paid money to fly to Irving, TX for Kamehacon, an unofficial DB con. Yet, the official DB tour at San Diego is part of the comicon and is at a convention center more than twice the size as the one at Irving. It's supposed to have Toei animators there not just voice actors as well as a exclusive promotional video for the new movie. There's also supposed to be a lot more merchandise that is DB exclusive which I heard that in this year's Kamehacon, was not a lot because of some "rules" that are now lifted.

I do hope that the next Kamehacon will have more just voice actors, but people actually involved in the animation, directing, storyboard, and scriptwriting, but baby steps. Masako Nozawa is probably going to be there. Still, I'm more interested in people like Naho Oishi, Takao Koyama, Yoshitaka Nagayama, Tadayoshi Yammamuro, Toyotaro, Toshio Yoshitaka, Tatsuya Nagamine, Ryōta Nakamura, Ryuu King, Miyako Tsuji.
One year at a time man hahaha.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:

What does that mean?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:One year at a time man hahaha.
Hey, we're allowed to dream right?

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:

What does that mean?
That we need to slow down and take it bit by bit.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:47 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:*snip*
What does that mean?
It means you’re getting ahead of yourselves. Kamehacon just ended like what, 2 weeks ago?

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:22 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
I love your ideas.

Its very difficult to book Japanese. I'd love to have them, but all at once is unrealistic. Maybe 1 or 2 animators per year is more realistic. Getting their contact info is not easy either, but anything is possible.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:I love your ideas.

Its very difficult to book Japanese. I'd love to have them, but all at once is unrealistic. Maybe 1 or 2 animators per year is more realistic. Getting their contact info is not easy either, but anything is possible.
Thanks. Yea, I just listed all the ones I care about lol. I'd be thankful for even 1 of them. Note that some of these have attended comicons in North America before so I don't think it's impossible.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
I love your ideas.

Hey, at least there's the seiyuus.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Sorry about the double post, guys. (Even though, no one has posted on this thread for a month.) But the first official guest has been announced in this video by Geekdom. And it is...

(Drum roll)

Vic Mignogna!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:20 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Sorry about the double post, guys. (Even though, no one has posted on this thread for a month.) But the first official guest has been announced in this video by Geekdom. And it is...

(Drum roll)

Vic Mignogna!
This was not the original plan but things changed today.