"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun May 27, 2018 7:18 pm

I wonder how many characters can be added at once. Making new characters is far more complicated than in Dokkan.

I wish there will be Pan in bee costume (aka. Honey Pan) added in a future.
I'm also waiting for Videl.

Just hoping game won't make me totally bored until all of that happen...
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon May 28, 2018 2:29 am

Personally, I'm just gonna stack and hold my gems (bar doing the 20 gem daily here and there) until either Broly, SSB Saiyans, SS4 Saiyans, Kale, Kefla, Golden Frieza, Black, Fused Zamasu, or Jiren come out.

Personally I'd really like to see Broly God, but I doubt he'll ever make it in a game besides Heroes.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 28, 2018 12:31 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:I wonder how many characters can be added at once. Making new characters is far more complicated than in Dokkan.

Considering how much is recycled from Xenoverse (models, some of which are modified, and animations) it's not that big of an effort to add most characters. They'll likely release small batches of characters to help space out updates and keep people coming back.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:31 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:I wonder how many characters can be added at once. Making new characters is far more complicated than in Dokkan.

Considering how much is recycled from Xenoverse (models, some of which are modified, and animations) it's not that big of an effort to add most characters. They'll likely release small batches of characters to help space out updates and keep people coming back.
which makes me wonder given how early Pikkon was.

I wonder if we will see Mira/Towa/Fu

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:05 pm

Hmm, this game gets stale after a while. Once you beat story mode and get the characters to lv1000, there's nothing to do. People quit in PVP matching without any penalty after they see your level. Compared to dokkan, less people are playing this game since it has little things. It needs like more than 10x the roster and harder bosses with better prizes.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:45 am

shadowfox87 wrote:Hmm, this game gets stale after a while. Once you beat story mode and get the characters to lv1000, there's nothing to do. People quit in PVP matching without any penalty after they see your level. Compared to dokkan, less people are playing this game since it has little things. It needs like more than 10x the roster and harder bosses with better prizes.
this game isnt even out properly, give it time

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 30, 2018 5:23 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:Hmm, this game gets stale after a while. Once you beat story mode and get the characters to lv1000, there's nothing to do. People quit in PVP matching without any penalty after they see your level. Compared to dokkan, less people are playing this game since it has little things. It needs like more than 10x the roster and harder bosses with better prizes.
You didn't beat storymode because they haven't released it all, they've been adding new chapters every week.
It's a mobile game, you're supposed to play it a little big here and there.
As for more content, as said above the game isn't even out everywhere yet and isn't even out on iOS at all yet, we are in launch period, Dokkan had a whole lot of nothing when it launched too, give the game time to continue to add content.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:00 am

Well, the game has now been globally released. A lot of updates. Still no new characters unfortunately. I have all the sp characters now including the sparking Spirit Bomb Goku. I am still going to save the chrono crystals since no point using them. They also gave everyone a free sparking ticket that guarantees a sparking unit but again, pointless if you already have all. You can't save it either as it has to be used before the event is over.

The pvp is still messed up. No penalty for people disconnecting before the match starts. I can't even get 1 PVP since people disconnect once they see my team. Daily login bonus got doubled, but prizes overall still not that great for pvp.

It's too bad they didn't just bring DB Heroes to mobile and use a turn-based card battle system. I mean real-time card battle system is fine but I need more types of cards and more abilities to create more strategy.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 31, 2018 9:26 am

shadowfox87 wrote:No penalty for people disconnecting before the match starts. I can't even get 1 PVP since people disconnect once they see my team.
Well no one wants to lose their rank just because PVP gave you oponnent you have no chance against.

Anyway that's a huge update that makes it a lot easier to EXP characters.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

funrush

Post by funrush » Thu May 31, 2018 10:04 am

I never thought I'd have this much fun with a DBZ game that involves beating up Raditz 100 times. :lol:

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:02 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:No penalty for people disconnecting before the match starts. I can't even get 1 PVP since people disconnect once they see my team.
Well no one wants to lose their rank just because PVP gave you oponnent you have no chance against.

Anyway that's a huge update that makes it a lot easier to EXP characters.
as a fighting game fan I feel so much wrong with this statement. What happened to sportsmenship?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:03 am

finally in is, Shallots kinda cool I like him

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu May 31, 2018 11:55 am

I'm getting increasinlgy annoyed by the "DODGE! mechanic, especially in online battles... I mean, I have a full bar, 100 Ki, and can chain 4 attacks at best, yet the enemy can DODGE! permanently even while getting hit or during a combo (and that's only if he doesn't counter my melees with Ki barrages and the other way around). And me? I can't DODGE! a single attack even if I stand still waiting for it (or I DODGE! and the enemy simply starts a second attack immediately and I still can't land a single hit). And of course online enemies seem so be able to start endless combos. Do they have more than 100 Ki? Or does their attacks cost less? Is it possible to change/swap the attack cards in the deck?
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 31, 2018 12:44 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: as a fighting game fan I feel so much wrong with this statement. What happened to sportsmenship?
You should win because of your skills and good team pick, not because you play half of your day and have high levels.
You won't beat your enemy if when there is 300-400lvl gap between you, even if you are good at this game, because sooner or later he will blast you an you're done.
Seriously, i was playing this game a lot, like hours per day and i still didn't get 1000lvl on any character. I'm close to have it on my 3 main chars.

I would overall ignore it, but PVP is the best way to get adventures and it's hard to find anyone to play casual match against you.
I can spend like 15 minutes to find someone to play against in PVP, because mostly either i have too low level and i quit or my enemy has too low level compare to mine and he quits. You have no idea how happy i am when i get bot to play against.

And it's not about getting mad when losing. I'm not mad when i lose to someone who is about my tier when it comes to level, because i know he beat me thanks to skills.

Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarot » Thu May 31, 2018 2:57 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: as a fighting game fan I feel so much wrong with this statement. What happened to sportsmenship?
You should win because of your skills and good team pick, not because you play half of your day and have high levels.
You won't beat your enemy if when there is 300-400lvl gap between you, even if you are good at this game, because sooner or later he will blast you an you're done.
Seriously, i was playing this game a lot, like hours per day and i still didn't get 1000lvl on any character. I'm close to have it on my 3 main chars.

I would overall ignore it, but PVP is the best way to get adventures and it's hard to find anyone to play casual match against you.
I can spend like 15 minutes to find someone to play against in PVP, because mostly either i have too low level and i quit or my enemy has too low level compare to mine and he quits. You have no idea how happy i am when i get bot to play against.

And it's not about getting mad when losing. I'm not mad when i lose to someone who is about my tier when it comes to level, because i know he beat me thanks to skills.
So, basically, you think putting less time into the game should automatically make you win?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 31, 2018 3:00 pm

Kakarot wrote:So, basically, you think putting less time into the game should automatically make you win?
Wut?

Where did i say that?

EDIT:
Okay, this screenshot is a bit outdated right now, but still.
Explain this guy that he got his ass beaten and his RP and possibly rank reduced because retarded matchmaking made him fight with someone who was much higher lvl and higher rank. And no amount of skill would let him win this match. It was impossible.

And that's still not the worst case. As someone with 600-700lvl character i was getting matched with players with all characters on 1,000lvl and much higher rank as well. All the time.
And i was playing this game for a lot of hours per day. There are people who would like to just play it for a shorter time or simply doesn't have as much time. They can't even enjoy this game this way.
Playing a lot to be the best is one thing. But playing a lot to actually enjoy game is something that shouldn't happen.

Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarot » Thu May 31, 2018 3:23 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Kakarot wrote:So, basically, you think putting less time into the game should automatically make you win?
Wut?

Where did i say that?

EDIT:
Okay, this screenshot is a bit outdated right now, but still.
Explain this guy that he got his ass beaten and his RP and possibly rank reduced because retarded matchmaking made him fight with someone who was much higher lvl and higher rank. And no amount of skill would let him win this match. It was impossible.

And that's still not the worst case. As someone with 600-700lvl character i was getting matched with players with all characters on 1,000lvl and much higher rank as well. All the time.
And i was playing this game for a lot of hours per day. There are people who would like to just play it for a shorter time or simply doesn't have as much time. They can't even enjoy this game this way.
Playing a lot to be the best is one thing. But playing a lot to actually enjoy game is something that shouldn't happen.
Maybe you should level up more instead of quitting matches and ruining other's stats.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Thu May 31, 2018 3:41 pm

Kakarot wrote: Maybe you should level up more instead of quitting matches and ruining other's stats.
Can you just... not? You seem so intent on blaming people for not having strong enough characters to compete with others. Some people are gonna have higher ranks, some will have lower, that's just the way video games work. The problem is that the matchmaking system will send someone with 400 or 500 level characters to fight people with 3 level 1000 characters. They're going to lose no matter what and it's not their fault. This is bad game design. People should win and lose based on their own skill and not simply because they got randomly assigned to a suicide match. Having you skill tested is what makes games like this fun.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 31, 2018 4:24 pm

Kakarot wrote:Maybe you should level up more instead of quitting matches and ruining other's stats.
Did you even read what i said?
PVP is the best way to get adventures that grant you zenie, souls and what's more important - training items.
You can drop adventures on certain missions but they are harder to get. Also, PVP is the only way to get urgent adventures.
Besides, there are daily/event quests to play PVP and it's just not nice to be forced to lose your RP.

PVP should either match you by your lvls/team power or your rank.
But very often you are matched against people who are not only much stronger but also has higher rank.
It makes no sense and not only prevent you from progressing in PVP (which also has bad impact on your overall progress) but also makes you go down and down.
Perhaps it would be better if you could just reject a match and search again, but no, you HAVE TO fight.

I am personally not mad at all at people who exit in matchmaking because they have no chance against me. I simply know that feel and i understand it.
I am only mad when someone exits during fight because he gets beaten despite having team in the same tier as i have and having chance to beat me. That is not cool.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 31, 2018 5:12 pm

Damn, i didn't know that there were beam struggles in this
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017