Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:09 am

I keep forgetting Freeza is now a thing..
Now if Freeza is gonna be a recurring thing I hope Villans confuse the z fighters as the Freeza force from now on..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:18 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Tin wouldn’t make sense to have all the saiyans be so far apart in power from their leader.
Well, this is not necessarily something Dragonball wouldn't do though..
The entire Ginyu force was so much more weaker than Freeza, base Goku could one shot recoome but couldn't even scratch Freeza..
A similar route can be taken for this movie as well. If humans are to be made of any significance this seems like a valid path alongside few other options..

If nothing else, hopefully at least something akin to Rof army fight takes place
Toriyama doesn't really repeat himself so an army fight is unlikely.

If their is a group of Saiyans they will probably get defeated as the story goes along at different locations insteaf everyone gathering together and fighting as we know it won't be set in one place. The Saiyan at each point will probably be as strong as the character from the main cast that is movingvthe story along.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:19 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I keep forgetting Freeza is now a thing..
Now if Freeza is gonna be a recurring thing I hope Villans confuse the z fighters as the Freeza force from now on..
They are gonna see Gohan posing one day and think he is part of the ginyu squad.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:31 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Tin wouldn’t make sense to have all the saiyans be so far apart in power from their leader.
Well, this is not necessarily something Dragonball wouldn't do though..
The entire Ginyu force was so much more weaker than Freeza, base Goku could one shot recoome but couldn't even scratch Freeza..
A similar route can be taken for this movie as well. If humans are to be made of any significance this seems like a valid path alongside few other options..

If nothing else, hopefully at least something akin to Rof army fight takes place
Toriyama doesn't really repeat himself so an army fight is unlikely.

If their is a group of Saiyans they will probably get defeated as the story goes along at different locations insteaf everyone gathering together and fighting as we know it won't be set in one place. The Saiyan at each point will probably be as strong as the character from the main cast that is movingvthe story along.
Well toriyama repeated himself with resurrection f and universal survival arc by bringing Frieza back.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:32 am

Naw Frieza force are their own things now and still evil. Doubt Frieza would be apart of the z fighters

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:45 am

Toxin45 wrote:
Naw Frieza force are their own things now and still evil. Doubt Frieza would be apart of the z fighters
That's the joke mate
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:28 pm

That would be a cool running gag
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:04 pm

That thing at the end of Super always seemed rather stupid and continuity breaking. I mean, how does Freeza have anyone left? His army had basically been fighting itself and splintering off for years prior to his resurrection and during the time he was revived they could only gather 1000 people, who were essentially the last remaining members of Freeza's army. And Freeza killed them all in RoF. And prior to his revival, Freeza had been dead for like 15yrs. That's a long time to not be in control of anything.

Yet the end of Super made it seem like Freeza can get a new army and new ships like it's nothing. Not only does it not make any kind of sense, but feels a bit insulting to the intelligence of the fans. You'd think that, instead, Freeza would go in search of stronger individuals he could raise up to form an elite corp, like the Ginyu Force, in order to deal with the Z-fighters or have those he can use to help stall or defeat fighters from other universes in his bid to obtain the Super Dragon Balls or his gambit to surpass the Gods. That's not something he can do with an army of fodder. Which he knows to be true given how he wiped out his own fodder army before and the army of fodder Sidra sent at him just before the Tournament of Power.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:22 pm

Zelvin wrote:That thing at the end of Super always seemed rather stupid and continuity breaking. I mean, how does Freeza have anyone left? His army had basically been fighting itself and splintering off for years prior to his resurrection and during the time he was revived they could only gather 1000 people, who were essentially the last remaining members of Freeza's army. And Freeza killed them all in RoF. And prior to his revival, Freeza had been dead for like 15yrs. That's a long time to not be in control of anything.

Yet the end of Super made it seem like Freeza can get a new army and new ships like it's nothing. Not only does it not make any kind of sense, but feels a bit insulting to the intelligence of the fans. You'd think that, instead, Freeza would go in search of stronger individuals he could raise up to form an elite corp, like the Ginyu Force, in order to deal with the Z-fighters or have those he can use to help stall or defeat fighters from other universes in his bid to obtain the Super Dragon Balls or his gambit to surpass the Gods. That's not something he can do with an army of fodder. Which he knows to be true given how he wiped out his own fodder army before and the army of fodder Sidra sent at him just before the Tournament of Power.
Well it's hard to find people like the ginyu force it seems. Frieza had a lot of followers in hiding it seems.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:09 pm

Zelvin wrote:That thing at the end of Super always seemed rather stupid and continuity breaking. I mean, how does Freeza have anyone left? His army had basically been fighting itself and splintering off for years prior to his resurrection and during the time he was revived they could only gather 1000 people, who were essentially the last remaining members of Freeza's army. And Freeza killed them all in RoF. And prior to his revival, Freeza had been dead for like 15yrs. That's a long time to not be in control of anything.

The reason for the in-fighting was Frieza's absence. Now that he's back, the remainder of the splinter groups would unite under him or die. I really don't find that part the least believable part of the arc. That part goes to the revelation that there were only 28 planets with mortal life in all of Universe 7.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:53 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: The reason for the in-fighting was Frieza's absence. Now that he's back, the remainder of the splinter groups would unite under him or die. I really don't find that part the least believable part of the arc. That part goes to the revelation that there were only 28 planets with mortal life in all of Universe 7.
Except Tagoma and Sorbet ha been fighting against these groups for all those years and either got them under control or eliminated them, and Freeza's return in RoF would've either united or destroyed any remaining groups before he went back to Earth. So again, it doesn't make any logical sense for there to be anyone else left.

Also the 28 planets thing makes no sense at all when you have the Galactic King who rules over a section of the galaxy and the Galactic Patrolman spread across the galaxy and the various citizenry and criminal groups spread throughout. It'd make more sense of Shin's 28 planets either referred to those with comparable technological levels to Earth or had people of comparable fighting ability to the Z-fighters whom they could ask to fight on their team. As far as it can be known, Shin really doesn't know if that's the truth or not given how hands-off he's been in these matters over the course of his tenure as a Supreme Kai. At the end of the day, he's just incompetent.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Who hear wants to bet Freeza most likely won't be involved in the main story but will have an appearance in the Flashback about Saiyan heritage? :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:21 pm

Miracles wrote:Who hear wants to bet Freeza most likely won't be involved in the main story but will have an appearance in the Flashback about Saiyan heritage? :lol:
I think it'll be hard to have a Saiyan origin movie without Freeza being involved due to his connections with them. I hope Beerus being the one to tell Freeza to destroy them finally comes up as that seems to be too big of a plot point to just be a throw away.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:48 pm

sintzu wrote:
Miracles wrote:Who hear wants to bet Freeza most likely won't be involved in the main story but will have an appearance in the Flashback about Saiyan heritage? :lol:
I think it'll be hard to have a Saiyan origin movie without Freeza being involved due to his connections with them. I hope Beerus being the one to tell Freeza to destroy them finally comes up as that seems to be too big of a plot point to just be a throw away.
I believe that Beerus "authorized" it not ordered it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:53 pm

PFM18 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
You're right, him ordering it was Funi's dub. Still, I hope it comes up as there could be more to it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:01 am

sintzu wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
You're right, him ordering it was Funi's dub. Still, I hope it comes up as there could be more to it.
It wouldnt have made any sense for Beerus to order it but Freeza would be kind of "doing Beerus's job" in a way so it would make sense ghat he would ask.

But goku doesnt really care that Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta. If anything Vegeta would be angry at Beerus

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:25 am

The movie website got a teeny tiny update. At the bottom of the site there's a link that redirects you to the official Dragon Ball Super manga website. At the bottom of that site there's an image dedicated to the Dragon Ball Super movie with a link that redirects you to the movie website.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It's just reusing the manga art for the Universe Survival arc. Maybe this is teasing what characters we'll see in this new movie? Or it's just more manga promo and I'm looking way too deep into this because I'm desperate for any kind of info for this film. :(

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:55 am

Only someone in denial would think Frieza won't be involved in the present as well as the past.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:11 am

I think your ignoring the fact that Freeza is kind of big deal.

It wouldn't take much for him to re-attain the former glory of his empire, or at the very least, an army. I think it also helps that his far more powerful than he was back in the prime of his empire, as well as the fact its probably one of the first things he did after parting ways with the earth defenders, instead of just training for four months before hurrying to Earth.

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:46 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:The movie website got a teeny tiny update. At the bottom of the site there's a link that redirects you to the official Dragon Ball Super manga website. At the bottom of that site there's an image dedicated to the Dragon Ball Super movie with a link that redirects you to the movie website.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It's just reusing the manga art for the Universe Survival arc. Maybe this is teasing what characters we'll see in this new movie? Or it's just more manga promo and I'm looking way too deep into this because I'm desperate for any kind of info for this film. :(
Man, kinda wish they returned the whites in Krillin's eyes in the new movie, he looks so good with them. Unlikely, but one can hope.