"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Alruneia wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Alruneia wrote: It looks like it could be a Universe Mission 3 card information leak of some kind? It does say the amount of common cards, rare cards and so on.
The characters mentioned are Xeno versions of all seven Shadow Dragons (I believe), Goku, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Goku: Xeno, Vegeks: Xeno, Cooler, King Cold and Android 17. There's also mention of Demigra, but I don't think that's a card. Not sure though.
I don't know how true it is, I just gave it a quick read and translated the little I can.
anything specific on this king kold? a Xeno form? a Golden form?
It only says "King Cold", there's no "Xeno" at the end of his name or anything.
Winter is coming, Cooler. And it's Cold!
These are all gonna be in the anime adaptation too, right? Because I'm pretty sure Cold has barely been seen after Trunks killed him... Oh, that's gonna be a fun interaction.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:31 pm

King Cold is getting a card, but that does not necessarily means he will be involved in the plot. If he does get involved in the plot of the arcade, then he may make his way to the anime adaptation.

Also Heroes stopped giving forms to characters that are not SEC for a while now (this is why when the cardlist is updated, there's nothing interesting in there nowadays). So I would suggest not to expect King Cold getting Golden Form through a CP card.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:57 pm

New Age: Demigra's Assault

Are they going to cover the stories of the various games?

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Remember how back in the Shadow Dragons arc of Heroes the dragons had some kind of ''Super'' forms that never made it into actual playable cards??? maybe that's what those Xeno forms are.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Dragotaker wrote:Remember how back in the Shadow Dragons arc of Heroes the dragons had some kind of ''Super'' forms that never made it into actual playable cards??? maybe that's what those Xeno forms are.
I don't remember that, actually. Do you have any screenshots/etc. of them?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:Remember how back in the Shadow Dragons arc of Heroes the dragons had some kind of ''Super'' forms that never made it into actual playable cards??? maybe that's what those Xeno forms are.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

The rest didn't have one or whatever other form they had was considered their Super form i think.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:58 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The rest didn't have one or whatever other form they had was considered their Super form i think.
Huh, okay. These are pretty minor design changes (unless there's something I'm not seeing), so I guess I'm not all that surprised that I didn't remember.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

DaikoTheSaiyan

Post by DaikoTheSaiyan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:53 am

"The Evil Saiyan from SDBH UVM and Prison Planet Arc in the PR Anime of DBH and SDBH Game is Named as "Kanba/カンバー"

GovetaXV posted now on twitter

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:32 pm

DaikoTheSaiyan wrote:"The Evil Saiyan from SDBH UVM and Prison Planet Arc in the PR Anime of DBH and SDBH Game is Named as "Kanba/カンバー"

He posts a picture thats been out ages, hasnt stated his sources either. I'm holding reservation as nobody before now indicated his name was on the pic provided

I'm trying to find suitable translations for his name when scrambled and I'm getting 'birch' 'tomato' and a link to imaged of benedict cumberbacth

I assume its cumer as in cucumber?

DaikoTheSaiyan

Post by DaikoTheSaiyan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:40 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
DaikoTheSaiyan wrote:"The Evil Saiyan from SDBH UVM and Prison Planet Arc in the PR Anime of DBH and SDBH Game is Named as "Kanba/カンバー"

He posts a picture thats been out ages, hasnt stated his sources either. I'm holding reservation as nobody before now indicated his name was on the pic provided

I'm trying to find suitable translations for his name when scrambled and I'm getting 'birch' 'tomato' and a link to imaged of benedict cumberbacth

I assume its cumer as in cucumber?

Yeah! Totally Cucumber.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

From name(reminder Omega Shenron is originally Super Yi Xinglong) and design I'd guess they are the "what if THEY absorbed all the others Dragon Balls"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:38 pm

There are leaks from known leakers going around. Been talking about them in my Discord server and tossing them up as rumors on Twitter since earlier this morning (before GovetaXV posted, deleted, posted, and deleted his tweets.)

Whether they're true or not remains to be seen, but I'd say they've earned the trust with a small side of skepticism. I don't particularly like sharing sources like this in public because it just incites some members of the fan base to go harass them (and I've seen more than a couple of times that not all of them like interacting with foreigners):

Anyway, some of this you already know, some of this is new. Probably real, but don't go tossing it around as fact yet either.

Universe Mission 3
Releasing 7/12
[spoiler]New AGEs:
Demigra Assault Arc: Resurrection of Demon God Demigra
Prison Planet Arc: Evil Saiyan Cumber ("Kanbā")
Artificial Human #21 Arc: Conclusion

87 cards
30 C
18 R
12 SR
9 UR
3 SEC
15 CP

UM3-CP1 Son Gokū
UM3-CP2 Vegeta
UM3-CP3 Trunks: Future
UM3-CP4 Son Gokū: Xeno
UM3-CP5 Vegeks: Xeno
UM3-CP6 Coola
UM3-CP7 King Cold
UM3-CP8 Artificial Human #17

UM3-XCP1 1-Star Shenlong: Xeno
UM3-XCP2 2-Star Shenlong: Xeno
UM3-XCP3 3-Star Shenlong: Xeno
UM3-XCP4 4-Star Shenlong: Xeno
UM3-XCP5 5-Star Shenlong: Xeno
UM3-XCP6 6-Star Shenlong: Xeno
UM3-XCP7 7-Star Shenlong: Xeno

Two new battle systems:
—Toki Toki Protection Battle
—Mobile Fort Turtle (Don't trust my translation on this one...)

Goku Xeno will apparently be getting a new outfit, and there was also a listing for an "Evil Dragon Black". Whatever that could mean. Black Smoke Dragon? New character? I dunno.[/spoiler]
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:44 pm

Have we seen Toki Toki City in Heroes?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:46 pm

No. But the new battle system is supposedly about the bird, not the city.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Is King Cold getting a new outfit? I'd like that. It's time to do something with this forgotten character, who is far less important than he should be.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:26 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:No more new info about the Hannibal Saiyan?
He's voiced by Rikiya Koyama.
Is he new to the series? Also just that? Nothing yet about his origin?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Xeno Goku getting a new outfit is interesting.
I hope King Cold is joining the group and gets a final form and then after that Golden.

Also, wait, the Xeno storyline is still going with Demigra? Huh, I thought they ended that when Prison Planet started.
Them ending the FighterZ story so soon is also interesting, wonder what's next

One more thing, what does CP stand for again?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:13 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Also, wait, the Xeno storyline is still going with Demigra? Huh, I thought they ended that when Prison Planet started.

They effectively did, since Goku: Xeno came there to investigate after everything that happened last arc. Though it's worth noting that we don't really know what this Demigra thing will be. Might potentially be a retread of Xenoverse's version of his story or something...even though his Heroes debut wasn't that different... Though I guess I'll presume it's a continuation of the story (given the set up in the manga by not killing him and and letting him start a new plan after everything is sealed), and will show what the other Time Patrollers are doing? Perhaps the two arcs will meet up in the final Universe Mission? Pure guesswork at this point.

I thought they'd go for at least another set. The first being the opener and ending with Majin, the second being Majin and ending with the Cell absorption, and then the conclusion. But looks like that wasn't their plan.

CP are Campaign Cards.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:19 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Also, wait, the Xeno storyline is still going with Demigra? Huh, I thought they ended that when Prison Planet started.

They effectively did, since Goku: Xeno came there to investigate after everything that happened last arc. Though it's worth noting that we don't really know what this Demigra thing will be. Might potentially be a retread of Xenoverse's version of his story or something...even though his Heroes debut wasn't that different... Though I guess I'll presume it's a continuation of the story (given the set up in the manga by not killing him and and letting him start a new plan after everything is sealed), and will show what the other Time Patrollers are doing? Perhaps the two arcs will meet up in the final Universe Mission? Pure guesswork at this point.

I thought they'd go for at least another set. The first being the opener and ending with Majin, the second being Majin and ending with the Cell absorption, and then the conclusion. But looks like that wasn't their plan.

CP are Campaign Cards.
Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Yeah, it's really weird, I thought they'd milk it as much as they could since it will be awhile until they can start covering the movie.

Ah, that makes sense, so King Cold is part of the story then. Fingers crossed he gets at least one transformation.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:40 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Ah, that makes sense, so King Cold is part of the story then. Fingers crossed he gets at least one transformation.
That's a little messy. Cold and Freeza were technically already part of the Prison Planet Arc. They fought alongside Coola and were defeated. (No idea if that means killed.) So it's possible he could come back to relevance.

Though Campaign Cards aren't always linked to the story in full. They're mostly used as a means to introduce new Card Action Abilities. Universe Mission 2 had a CP set for FighterZ characters, but also the Fusion characters, which tied one of them to the story. While Universe Mission 1 was a CP set of SS4 characters (none of them Xeno) and and then the other CP set was people they list as being able to use the Dragon Fist. While both have slight links to the content (since Trunks can use the Dragon Fist there, and Goku: Xeno has SS4...even if he wasn't given a CP card), it wasn't really relevant to the plot.