"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 pm

If that information is correct does that means we are going to see 3 different developments in just on trailer?? not to mention they already showed the evil saiyan in the past trailer but i guess we have yet to see a full close up of the battle and then what do the shadow dragons have to do with any of this??

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:01 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Ah, that makes sense, so King Cold is part of the story then. Fingers crossed he gets at least one transformation.
That's a little messy. Cold and Freeza were technically already part of the Prison Planet Arc. They fought alongside Coola and were defeated. (No idea if that means killed.) So it's possible he could come back to relevance.

Though Campaign Cards aren't always linked to the story in full. They're mostly used as a means to introduce new Card Action Abilities. Universe Mission 2 had a CP set for FighterZ characters, but also the Fusion characters, which tied one of them to the story. While Universe Mission 1 was a CP set of SS4 characters (none of them Xeno) and and then the other CP set was people they list as being able to use the Dragon Fist. While both have slight links to the content (since Trunks can use the Dragon Fist there, and Goku: Xeno has SS4...even if he wasn't given a CP card), it wasn't really relevant to the plot.
Unless something was said in the japanese text that i can't read at all could it be Freeza and King Cold were there just so Cooler wasn't alone against the player as increasing the difficulty and nothing more??? i say this because only Cooler was shown talking with Trunks.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Dragotaker wrote:could it be Freeza and King Cold were there just so Cooler wasn't alone against the player as increasing the difficulty and nothing more??? i say this because only Cooler was shown talking with Trunks.
I believe this is actually a usual case in missions of every set. Other characters appear among the one being involved in the plot just for the sake of being there, possibly to increase difficulty. If Freeza and King Cold were part of the plot, they wouldn't appear in just one mission ramdonly, it would have been given a speakable role to them, at least. I actually don't remember now if this has happened before and eventually the character(s) really got involved in the plot, but I don't think it happened.

Even though King Cold getting a card now may means absolutely nothing, it is kind of weird nonetheless because the last time he got one, off the top of my head, was in GDM2, a long time ago. Him getting a card now at this point can also mean something. As for the Dragons, as I already said, it's not because a character is getting a card means that they are involved in something. There are multiple occasions where someone appeared just because Heroes wanted to give them a card. They might not have any relevance at all.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:31 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Ah, that makes sense, so King Cold is part of the story then. Fingers crossed he gets at least one transformation.
That's a little messy. Cold and Freeza were technically already part of the Prison Planet Arc. They fought alongside Coola and were defeated. (No idea if that means killed.) So it's possible he could come back to relevance.

Though Campaign Cards aren't always linked to the story in full. They're mostly used as a means to introduce new Card Action Abilities. Universe Mission 2 had a CP set for FighterZ characters, but also the Fusion characters, which tied one of them to the story. While Universe Mission 1 was a CP set of SS4 characters (none of them Xeno) and and then the other CP set was people they list as being able to use the Dragon Fist. While both have slight links to the content (since Trunks can use the Dragon Fist there, and Goku: Xeno has SS4...even if he wasn't given a CP card), it wasn't really relevant to the plot.
To be honest, given what they did to coola and frieza, theres not much theyd need to do to give Cold a new form.

It's why everyones getting super saiyan 3 as opposed to 1-2, theres less room for massive hair variety

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:57 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
To be honest, given what they did to coola and frieza, theres not much theyd need to do to give Cold a new form.

It's why everyones getting super saiyan 3 as opposed to 1-2, theres less room for massive hair variety
It'd be weird if Cold's Golden was based off of one of his suppressed forms, but then again they apparently have some control over what their Golden form looks like and maybe Cold just prefers the look of the only form we've seen him in.
I still want to see what his final/true form looks like.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:46 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

It'd be weird if Cold's Golden was based off of one of his suppressed forms, but then again they apparently have some control over what their Golden form looks like and maybe Cold just prefers the look of the only form we've seen him in.
We dont know strictly how many forms he has, but yeah there seems to be a 'choice' element in how the forms work, so he might get this, or he might get something more frieza-ish. Heck maybe he will use the 'Alien' looking form for his to compliment Coolers 'Predator'?

I was thinking after seeing this 'Xeno Dragon' bargain sale if we could see a saiyan xeno bargain sale

Shugesh, Borgos, Fasha, Tora, Tarble, Gine, Zorn, Xeno editions :lol:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:32 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

We dont know strictly how many forms he has, but yeah there seems to be a 'choice' element in how the forms work, so he might get this, or he might get something more frieza-ish. Heck maybe he will use the 'Alien' looking form for his to compliment Coolers 'Predator'?

I was thinking after seeing this 'Xeno Dragon' bargain sale if we could see a saiyan xeno bargain sale

The whole Time Patrol is already is saiyan Xeno bargain sale
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:29 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: It'd be weird if Cold's Golden was based off of one of his suppressed forms, but then again they apparently have some control over what their Golden form looks like and maybe Cold just prefers the look of the only form we've seen him in.

The whole Time Patrol is already is saiyan Xeno bargain sale
yeah of the usuals who get new cards all the time anyway

super saiyan 4 bardock squad plz

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:26 am

I know it's probably never happening at this point, but seriously, how awesome would it have been if this game was finally released in the USA? I know it would be very popular, maybe not as popular as it is in Japan, but still very popular nonetheless.
Caulifla best girl! :)

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:31 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I know it's probably never happening at this point, but seriously, how awesome would it have been if this game was finally released in the USA? I know it would be very popular, maybe not as popular as it is in Japan, but still very popular nonetheless.
It'd be awesome and better than DB Legends. It's turn-based strategy card battle system. Maybe with the new DBH anime coming out, it can get popularized and come to NA.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:14 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I know it's probably never happening at this point, but seriously, how awesome would it have been if this game was finally released in the USA? I know it would be very popular, maybe not as popular as it is in Japan, but still very popular nonetheless.
It'd be awesome and better than DB Legends. It's turn-based strategy card battle system. Maybe with the new DBH anime coming out, it can get popularized and come to NA.
I’m not giving up hope. Maybe a Super Dragon Ball Heroes port for the switch
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:38 pm

So I see the wiki claims vegeta has the seven star ball, but I'm not sure I can find a source? Do we know its him?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Chapter 1 of the Prison Planet Arc manga had Fu give Vegeta the 7-Star Ball. Presumably as a substitute for them getting the 1-Star ball from Goku: Xeno in the arcade mission? Goku: Xeno is shown as being a prisoner to challenge as one of the silhouettes on the DBs when Fu mentions how to gather them (I guess as a reference the who they need to challenge in the game), but he's not shown to have or hand one over during the actual fight in the manga.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:16 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Chapter 1 of the Prison Planet Arc manga had Fu give Vegeta the 7-Star Ball. Presumably as a substitute for them getting the 1-Star ball from Goku: Xeno in the arcade mission? Goku: Xeno is shown as being a prisoner to challenge as one of the silhouettes on the DBs when Fu mentions how to gather them (I guess as a reference the who they need to challenge in the game), but he's not shown to have or hand one over during the actual fight in the manga.
ah, I was more meaning the game, saw the manga pic of the ball images but it seemed like it was the group in general

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:46 pm

The game only has three of the Dragon Balls confirmed for now. Goku: Xeno had the 1-Star, Bojack had the 2-Star, and Cumber has the 5-Star. Anything else suggesting who might have one is from the manga. And like I said, Fu gave Vegeta the 7-Star Ball and they seemingly didn't get the 1-Star Ball from Goku: Xeno in that version.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:17 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The game only has three of the Dragon Balls confirmed for now. Goku: Xeno had the 1-Star, Bojack had the 2-Star, and Cumber has the 5-Star. Anything else suggesting who might have one is from the manga. And like I said, Fu gave Vegeta the 7-Star Ball and they seemingly didn't get the 1-Star Ball from Goku: Xeno in that version.

interesting difference this time around, wonder how they will address this in the game and manga when it comes down to crunch time

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:50 pm

I've had a realization. In Geekdom101’s latest SDBH video, he asked the question of why the gods aren’t utilzed as much as some would think in Heroes. My guess is that for certain subjects and ideas from heroes about stuff relating to material originally from Super, they try to play it safe so that what they do doesn’t interfere with the series of Super down the line. So for characters as important in Super as the G.o.Ds, Angels, Zenos, and the GP, they don’t really go crazy on those characters. You’ll probably never see a time breaker Beerus or Xeno Beerus. This would also explain why they never make their own new and original super saiyan forms.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:07 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:I've had a realization. In Geekdom101’s latest SDBH video, he asked the question of why the gods aren’t utilzed as much as some would think in Heroes. My guess is that for certain subjects and ideas from heroes about stuff relating to material originally from Super, they try to play it safe so that what they do doesn’t interfere with the series of Super down the line. So for characters as important in Super as the G.o.Ds, Angels, Zenos, and the GP, they don’t really go crazy on those characters. You’ll probably never see a time breaker Beerus or Xeno Beerus. This would also explain why they never make their own new and original super saiyan forms.
Thats something we've all talked about on here before. Its why GT/Z forms get given out but not even super saiyan god for canon characters.

They did invent super saiyan berserk though for Goku, but thats about it.

At this rate, I'd like to see Tora, King Vegeta, Xeno Goten and Turles get new forms but I dont think any of that will happen

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:16 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:They did invent super saiyan berserk though for Goku, but thats about it.
Super Saiyan (Berserk) isn't really a new form. It's just a corruption of Goku as a whole, making him evil and rampage while he's Super Saiyan (2).

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:44 pm

I thought about how we could see Trunks become SSGSS since he is the focus of UM and he already has a form that is kinda like fake SSGSS and if that happens there will be no SS4 this year probably, which would suck for me and since all the Xeno Patrol are somewhere else atm, Xeno Trunks and Xeno Vegeto are not around and they are the only ones who could go SS4 next time