"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:48 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:They did invent super saiyan berserk though for Goku, but thats about it.
Super Saiyan (Berserk) isn't really a new form. It's just a corruption of Goku as a whole, making him evil and rampage while he's Super Saiyan (2).
with whited out eyes and black lightning, and i believe a different feel to his ki if translations I've seen are correct.

It's just a different super saiyan 2, but we've had stuff like 'enhanced' forms classified as seperate, so I see it as a 'new form' sorta deal

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:56 pm

It is a new form, in general. But I wouldn't classify it as a new, proper Super Saiyan form. Being corrupted by the Evil Saiyan's ki is more akin to the dark magic used by Demigra and Towa in the Xenoverse series. Which I wouldn't label as "Super Saiyan Villainous" or "Super Saiyan Super Villainous" in the sense of a new form like SSG, SSGSS, SSRage, etc. If he infects someone that's not a Super Saiyan, I imagine they'll just get a regular "Berserk" label with similar traits.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:02 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It is a new form, in general. But I wouldn't classify it as a new, proper Super Saiyan form. Being corrupted by the Evil Saiyan's ki is more akin to the dark magic used by Demigra and Towa in the Xenoverse series. Which I wouldn't label as "Super Saiyan Villainous" or "Super Saiyan Super Villainous" in the sense of a new form like SSG, SSGSS, SSRage, etc. If he infects someone that's not a Super Saiyan, I imagine they'll just get a regular "Berserk" label with similar traits.
exactly what I'm saying. Its not a seperate form, more a 0.1 enhancement with a subtle shift

like how in pokemon theres now an ice ninetails I believe? this is like a 'dark' super saiyan 2

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:09 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:exactly what I'm saying. Its not a seperate form, more a 0.1 enhancement with a subtle shift
It's an alteration of GOKU's psyche, not of his Super Saiyan form.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:26 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:exactly what I'm saying. Its not a seperate form, more a 0.1 enhancement with a subtle shift
It's an alteration of GOKU's psyche, not of his Super Saiyan form.
that alters his ki and outward appearance as well, on top of whited out eyes and black ki sparks

Look if we can have an 'enhanced super saiyan 2' that just has more sparks and power, but are supposed to treat it 'seperate' than super saiyan 2, then I dont see why we treat this differently

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:35 am

According to this tweet we have our mysterious Hannibal Saiyan a name
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1004747716193239046

I put the name on spoilers in case for not spoil people who wants a more official reveal.

[spoiler]His name would be Kanba/カンバー and that would came from Cucumber[/spoiler]
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:46 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:They did invent super saiyan berserk though for Goku, but thats about it.
Super Saiyan (Berserk) isn't really a new form. It's just a corruption of Goku as a whole, making him evil and rampage while he's Super Saiyan (2).
So, something like Majin Vegeta who is often treated as a different form when it's really just Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:37 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:According to this tweet we have our mysterious Hannibal Saiyan a name
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1004747716193239046

I put the name on spoilers in case for not spoil people who wants a more official reveal.

[spoiler]His name would be Kanba/カンバー and that would came from Cucumber[/spoiler]
Your several days late

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:11 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
So, something like Majin Vegeta who is often treated as a different form when it's really just Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta.
doesn't the Badibi possession increase the possessed's power?

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Not the possession itself, at least considering Vegeta's case when he became Majin first and then Babidi increase his powers.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:11 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:
HeroR wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Super Saiyan (Berserk) isn't really a new form. It's just a corruption of Goku as a whole, making him evil and rampage while he's Super Saiyan (2).
doesn't the Badibi possession increase the possessed's power?
And this form, berserk, actually effects the nature of Goku's ki and power, so I dont see why people want to treat it as a perfectly cosmetic change

Grandpriest3

Post by Grandpriest3 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 am

Random question

How do you guys pronounce "Xeno"? Is it "Xee no" "Zen oh" or something else?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:22 am

Grandpriest3 wrote:Random question

How do you guys pronounce "Xeno"? Is it "Xee no" "Zen oh" or something else?
Zehno, the term comes from Greek.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:21 am

Ok so a bit of a thought on Kamba

his whited out eyes and the fact he induces rage and corruption in others makes me wonder if he's thematically there to show what Trunks' super sayan rage could lead to? What Trunks could go if he raged too hard? Perhaps his ability to corrupt others will lead to something new from Trunks in the future?

Also, personal crack theory, but I dont think Kamba is in a base form. His long shaggy hair and tail, along with the fact his entire upper body is covered (which is where the obvious super saiyan 4 traits are) makes me wonder if that's the route they are heading with this guy? I mean yeah hes not got the eye liner though but its just something I was thinking about earlier

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:34 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Ok so a bit of a thought on Kamba

his whited out eyes and the fact he induces rage and corruption in others makes me wonder if he's thematically there to show what Trunks' super sayan rage could lead to? What Trunks could go if he raged too hard? Perhaps his ability to corrupt others will lead to something new from Trunks in the future?

Also, personal crack theory, but I dont think Kamba is in a base form. His long shaggy hair and tail, along with the fact his entire upper body is covered (which is where the obvious super saiyan 4 traits are) makes me wonder if that's the route they are heading with this guy? I mean yeah hes not got the eye liner though but its just something I was thinking about earlier
Yeah, I think you’re definitely overthinking it for your first theory. He just has whited out eyes because its cool and shows that he is out of control (due to rage, being berserk, or maybe he’s being controlled). SSBerserk, Ultra Super Saiyan, and Rage Trunks (temporarily) all had whited out eyes. There is nothing that sugggest that Kanba’s power is connected to Rage Trunks in any way. And Rage Trunks regained his pupils anyways.

Your crack theory makes more sense than your first theory in my opinion. I think there is a big chance he has a transformation. And if he really is an ancient saiyan (like DBL and the DBSMovie has been focusing on) than maybe he’ll have a new kind of transformation that only ancient saiyans have.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:50 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:

Yeah, I think you’re definitely overthinking it for your first theory. He just has whited out eyes because its cool and shows that he is out of control (due to rage, being berserk, or maybe he’s being controlled). SSBerserk, Ultra Super Saiyan, and Rage Trunks (temporarily) all had whited out eyes. There is nothing that sugggest that Kanba’s power is connected to Rage Trunks in any way. And Rage Trunks regained his pupils anyways.

Your crack theory makes more sense than your first theory in my opinion. I think there is a big chance he has a transformation. And if he really is an ancient saiyan (like DBL and the DBSMovie has been focusing on) than maybe he’ll have a new kind of transformation that only ancient saiyans have.
I think I might not have put my first point across well. Super Saiyan Rage has the whited out eyes, so does Berserk, if Kamba can induce immense rage (Which caused Trunk's form to emerge in Super) to the point he can cause a modified super saiyan 2 in Goku, perhaps it could effect Trunks in a different way further down the line? Maybe that's going to be a special card down the line? Or perhaps SSR is going to be Kamba's thing too?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:36 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

I think I might not have put my first point across well. Super Saiyan Rage has the whited out eyes, so does Berserk, if Kamba can induce immense rage (Which caused Trunk's form to emerge in Super) to the point he can cause a modified super saiyan 2 in Goku, perhaps it could effect Trunks in a different way further down the line? Maybe that's going to be a special card down the line? Or perhaps SSR is going to be Kamba's thing too?
Now i understand. Thats actually very plausible
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:17 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
Grandpriest3 wrote:How do you guys pronounce "Xeno"? Is it "Xee no" "Zen oh" or something else?
It is somehow related to the Omni King?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:27 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:
Grandpriest3 wrote:How do you guys pronounce "Xeno"? Is it "Xee no" "Zen oh" or something else?
It is somehow related to the Omni King?
Unlikely, Xeno means 'other' or 'to be of foreign origin' hence the timeline debacle

Zen-O literally means 'All King'

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 am

Hi I'm new here but I've seen people post pages from the Manga and i was wondering if anyone could post Goku vs Goku Xeno pages here