Goku: Xeno and Goku from movies 3 and 4 are actually the same person?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Goku: Xeno and Goku from movies 3 and 4 are actually the same person?

Post by szopman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:50 pm

I'm a little bit hyped for SDBH anime and I've been thinking lately about this.

So, since we know that Goku: Xeno experiences the events of Movies 3 (The Tree of Might) and 4 (Lord Slug), which the main version of Goku (DBZ anime/DBS/GT) didn't, should we suppose that the events of those movies took place in his paralell world? And that the Goku that appeares in those movies is in fact Goku:Xeno?

I mean, main timeline Goku never actually experienced those events, we can't fit them in the main canon timeline, so we know for sure that the Goku from those movies isn't actually Goku from the anime/DBS/GT. 

And Goku: Xeno is the incarnation of Goku that we know for sure he had experienced the events of those two film. So since it's actually the only version of Goku we know about that lived The Tree of Might and Lord Slug, maybe it would make more sense to assume that those events belong to the Xeno continuity? 

What do you think?

And since they also met Broly in the manga, I think it's possible that the events of the Broly movies also took place in the Xeno/SDBH parallel world.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Re: Goku: Xeno and Goku from movies 3 and 4 are actually the same person?

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:14 am

IIRC he appears to know Broly in the arcade, too.

IMHO he's a Goku who went through all the movies except BoG and RoF, then went through GT but with a different ending(which might be due his greater experience collected in the events of the movies)

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:38 am

How do we know he went throught all the films? From what I read, he didn't experience RoF, but he did experienced BoG.
And for eg. experienced the 12th DBZ movie, but he was alive then.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:56 pm

There's a way to fit Xeno Goku in an alternate timeline separate from the main timeline without contradicting anything in the canon. In that alternate timeline, it is possible to also fit the movies and GT. I actually wrote an entire explanation of it, breaking down the timelines we already know and the timelines we don't know. I tried to fit everything from DBO, DBH, movies, etc. It's all theoretical but hey, as long as it doesn't contradict the canon, that's one possible solution. You can read my timeline theory below in my sig.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:02 pm

szopman wrote:How do we know he went throught all the films? From what I read, he didn't experience RoF, but he did experienced BoG.
And for eg. experienced the 12th DBZ movie, but he was alive then.
He only attained Super Saiyan God in the 3DS Heroes: Ultimate Mission X game, is not "canon" (I hate that word) to the main continuity of Heroes, which is the arcade game, the manga also never implies that he obtained it and the anime most likely will continue that trend.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:15 pm

szopman wrote:How do we know he went throught all the films?
We don't. It's a hypothesis.
From what I read, he didn't experience RoF, but he did experienced BoG.
Only in a 3DS game, not in the main game(Arcade)

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:15 am

Ok, so he didnt go through the movie 14 events.

Maybe its possible that he experienced the events of the first 13 DBZ movies, but thats just a hypothesis ;)
What we know for sure is that he went through movies 3 and 4. So, we can assume that the Goku we see in those movies is Goku Xeno. And thats my point. Movies 3 and 4 are the adventures of Goku Xeno ;)

@shadowfox
But Goku Xeno is not from an alternate timeline. He is from a paralell world/another dimension ; )

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:45 pm

szopman wrote:But Goku Xeno is not from an alternate timeline. He is from a paralell world/another dimension ; )
Dimensions and timelines are very different things. A dimension is something like the Room of Spirit and Time (RoSaT) or the World of Void. When you talk about a story or an alternate way events occurred in, that's a timeline. There are 6 parallel timelines currently in the DB verse confirmed minus the one that was erased. What you really mean by parallel world is an alternate timeline as that's the only way to fit in an actual story. There are only two unknown timelines which we don't know what happened. For example, a timeline in which Beerus didn't wake up and where Pilaf found the Black Star Dragon Balls on Kami's lookout can start GT. A timeline in which Goku arrived earlier to Earth before Nappa killed everyone allows for Movies 2,3, and 4 to occur. We already know where Xeno Trunks comes from - he is the Future Trunks that returns to the future and kills Cell. Xeno Goku is the strongest warrior in Trunks' memories teleported from the future. Xeno Goku knows SSJ4 and BoG did not happen to him (contrary to what UMX says). Therefore, this Goku can really only be from one timeline and that's the GT one. You can theoretically fit all the movies and non-canon stuff in another timeline without contradicting anything.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:02 pm

But Goku Xeno is not from an alternate timeline. He is from a paralell world/another dimension ; )
Three different terms for essentially the same thing -- the only difference is that an alternate timeline is a parallel world/alternate reality/etc. that was created by someone meddling with time through time travel or similar, while just calling it one of the other terms doesn't specify that it was time weirdness that caused that particular alternate reality to come into existence.