Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:10 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Let's hope next month, they reveal the Universe 6 Saiyans, because like I keep saying, how could you do a movie all about the Saiyans without them? And of course, there's Gohan, I know people are waiting for him, although he's the one that I'm least anxious about, because, this is most likely about full blooded Saiyans, which he is not. But yeah, are you guys hoping we see the Universe 6 Saiyans and Gohan in this movie too?
I agree. I’m hoping for some Shintani’s designs for Kale, Cabba, and Caulifla. Maybe even Kafla too.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:34 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Let's hope next month, they reveal the Universe 6 Saiyans, because like I keep saying, how could you do a movie all about the Saiyans without them? And of course, there's Gohan, I know people are waiting for him, although he's the one that I'm least anxious about, because, this is most likely about full blooded Saiyans, which he is not. But yeah, are you guys hoping we see the Universe 6 Saiyans and Gohan in this movie too?
I agree. I’m hoping for some Shintani’s designs for Kale, Cabba, and Caulifla. Maybe even Kafla too.
From what we are seeing in the manga, Kefla might not be a Toriyama creation so she wouldn't appear in the movie given how much involvement Toriyama seems to have in this movie

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:38 pm

PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
From what we are seeing in the manga, Kefla might not be a Toriyama creation so she wouldn't appear in the movie given how much involvement Toriyama seems to have in this movie
A good point.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:43 pm

Those coats are great! I want to buy the one Goku is wearing.
Freeza is in and he looks fabulous. Now don't kill him!
I like these minions designs more than the ones we got in ROF. Chirai looks like these two daughter though:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Now give me U6 Saiyans!
A good way of bringing them to this story without feel forced would be having the plot kick off when U7 is having another competition against U6.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 pm

The U6 Saiyans should stay in the trash can. This movie should and will be exclusive to U7 Saiyans and Frieza only.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:58 pm

IndieBooToo wrote:The U6 Saiyans should stay in the trash can. This movie should and will be exclusive to U7 Saiyans and Frieza only.
Says the temporarily banned one
FortuneSSJ wrote:Those coats are great! I want to buy the one Goku is wearing.
Freeza is in and he looks fabulous. Now don't kill him!
I like these minions designs more than the ones we got in ROF. Chirai looks like these two daughter though:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Now give me U6 Saiyans!
A good way of bringing them to this story without feel forced would be having the plot kick off when U7 is having another competition against U6.
I had the idea where maybe during the events of this movie, the U6 saiyans Kale, Caulifla, and Cabba have visited U7 to receive training from Goku and Vegeta. It fits perfectly and doesn’t feel forced. And having the U6 saiyans can connect to the saiyan enemy. Vegeta did mention how SSBerserk might be the true form of saiyans. And i have a feeling that the saiyan enemy’s ssj form will be ssberserk.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:03 pm

Its obvious that Goku and co are going to an arctic-esc place. Whether its another planet or just earth is unknown. If it is another planet, my theory is that they hitch a ride on Freeza’s ship to get their and its either:

A. Freeza’s home planet (thus the cold atmosphere)

B. Planet Sadala. Maybe Toriyama retcons what happened to Sadala and instead of it getting destroyed, it just became uninhabitable and later went into and ice age or just froze up.

C. A completely unrelated planet where the saiyan enemy is randomly there.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm

You know what'd be a good way of framing the whole exploration of Freeza and the Universe 7 Saiyans?

Showing just how differently things diverged in Universe 6. Compare and contrast, in a sense, with Vegeta and Freeza serving as the perspective and links to Universe 7's Saiyan past.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:You know what'd be a good way of framing the whole exploration of Freeza and the Universe 7 Saiyans?

Showing just how differently things diverged in Universe 6. Compare and contrast, in a sense, with Vegeta and Freeza serving as the perspective and links to Universe 7's Saiyan past.
And yet another way to include the U6 saiyans. I can see it. Kikono (since he was there in the time of DBMinus) probably knows Freeza’s history with the saiyans. He’ll explain how it went down and Cabba seems like the type to know the whole history of his race so he’d be the rep for U6.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:01 pm

One way or another the Universe 6 Saiyans are going to be explored. Whether it be in this movie or in a future arc I don't particularly care. I fully expect them to be heavily involved in a story at some point in the near future. I do think that it could be hard to tell an entire story about how Frreza, the U7 Saiyans, and the U6 Saiyans are all intertwined in a movie.

However, if they aren't involved in something relatively soon then I will be very disappointed.

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Prediction time: Chirai is from the same species as Jeice, and possibly related to him as well, and Toriyama will only reveal this through an off-handed comment during an interview about either the movie itself or completely unrelated.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: Now give me U6 Saiyans!
I had the idea where maybe during the events of this movie, the U6 saiyans Kale, Caulifla, and Cabba have visited U7 to receive training from Goku and Vegeta. It fits perfectly and doesn’t feel forced.
That's a good idea too and links well with their last scene in DBS, where Caulifla says they should go train to unlock SSJ3.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Vegeta did mention how SSBerserk might be the true form of saiyans. And i have a feeling that the saiyan enemy’s ssj form will be ssberserk.
Since this movie was announced, that Vegeta's line feels like foreshadowing. I'm also expecting that form to appear in this movie with or without Kale.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:14 pm

Neither in the movie or in a future series will a big deal be made about the U6 saiyans, especially not their history.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:04 am

Loving how Toriyama-esque these new designs look. I'm willing to bet my left shoe that Kikono is the same guy from Minus.

Otherwise my excitement has kinda died down recently. I'm sure there'll be more news related to the movie's Saiyan stuff as we inch closer to release, which will probably have me feeling more intrigued than I am now. The Shintani stuff by itself just doesn't do that for me to be entirely honest, even if I do totally dig the artstyle.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:04 am

Marlowe89 wrote:Loving how Toriyama-esque these new designs look. I'm willing to bet my left shoe that Kikono is the same guy from Minus.
We already kinda confirmed it in previous posts
Get Fucked, C_unt

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:40 am

theTUN wrote:Prediction time: Chirai is from the same species as Jeice, and possibly related to him as well, and Toriyama will only reveal this through an off-handed comment during an interview about either the movie itself or completely unrelated.

Was kinda thinking the same thing. Or maybe Zarbon, since the he was also named after a fruit. They might be Zarbon and Dodoria's replacements, though neither of them seem particularly strong, but that's mostly because we see them carrying guns.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:11 am

PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
You mean the same manga that added Vegetto against the outline and SSG Vegeta? The same manga that Toriyama had said point blank is different?

Something being or not being in the manga is no evidence of something being a "Toriyama creation" or not.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 am

IndieBooToo wrote:The U6 Saiyans should stay in the trash can. This movie should and will be exclusive to U7 Saiyans and Frieza only.
Yeah i don’t get it. Aren’t you banned? Your profile says so. How is it possible that you can still post?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:30 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Yeah i don’t get it. Aren’t you banned? Your profile says so. How is it possible that you can still post?
It's because the ban sign dosen't immediately go away after you are unbanned, and then there is also the power of truth in this post that makes it possible :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 am

Kikono better not be the same guy from Minus. I need Minus related anything to get brought up like I need a throbbing, constant pain in my balls.
Simere wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I guarantee you Freeza trying to control the gods was empty BS they threw in. Remember how Omen was teased with a poster saying the time of the gods was coming to an end? Amounted to nothing.
"The work|technique of the gods ends/is perfected here" is what it said, which did happen. That the "work ends" interpretation meant the end of the reign of the gods was just a wild and fanciful fan theory.
Wow, I was not aware that was a gross mistranslation. I guess I should've knowing given DBs clickbait problem :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):