"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by prince212 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:48 am

Will be good For the sake of the battle Royale feeling don’t have too much kale in the next chapter . Show other fights that are happening at the same time , kale can be put on hold ....
I’m curious and expecting old Roshi performance, Hopefully toyo will pull something cool for him , doesn’t matter if it’s just a few pages .
Regarding the debate about other artists to draw d.b.s , honesty I don’t know too much about those dragon lee or jiji , just some cool drawings , but if toyo was the chosen guy by the Japanese capos with A.T on the top ... I take it , and hey , I really like the product results out of some wrong necks and low quality art here and there that only can be explain by lack of time and supervisors, because the guy knows how to draw dragon ball for sure. Anyways , it’s almost imposible to draw dragon ball without being A.T and don’t be criticized either for not look like the original style or for being extremely the same . Toyotaro have a good balance in that point I.m.o .D.b.s anime-manga is pack with references to the original series and that’s only natural , but little by little it’ll be good to start to loose some chains and try new things , just like Toriyama said to toyotaro in some interview . It’s a risk , but has to be done sooner than later, not big changes but some here and there . Future arcs without goku or vegeta being main actors is an option , paralleling arcs or scenarios that merge in the same and things like that ... I liked in future trunks arc how toyotaro made parallel stories happening at the same time with coherence , Beerus hakaing zamasu and zamasu appearing in front of goku in trunks timeline... Capsule Corp restaurant present time and future time one panel after the other .
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:27 am

JazzMazz wrote:Quick question, who would you guys consider the ideal artist for Dragonball manga outside of Toriyama?
Yoshihiro Togashi. Though I'm not personally a big fan of his writing, I think his art channels much of Dragon Ball's charm, especially his early HxH work.

A man can dream.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:38 am

Quick question, who would you guys consider the ideal artist for Dragonball manga outside of Toriyama?
Have toyotaro do the art but have somebody else write it IMO

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:58 am

Doctor. wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Quick question, who would you guys consider the ideal artist for Dragonball manga outside of Toriyama?
Yoshihiro Togashi. Though I'm not personally a big fan of his writing, I think his art channels much of Dragon Ball's charm, especially his early HxH work.

A man can dream.
That man dream can be a nightmare for the rest of the humanity hehehehe

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:05 pm

dragon boss z wrote:That's true, but does seem like distance plays at least a bit of a factor as Goku has flat out said people are too far to sense before, and in RoF they had to go full power for Goku to sense them, meaning amount of power is affected by distance.
Fair enough, however, the distance is the same for King Kai and SPC so there should br no issue there, afterall, his word remains valid in front of Gohan and Vegeta who also sensed SPC.
Goku isn't the type of guy to randomly correct people, and Goku has sensed how strong first form Frieza was.
Its not that so much as the narrative itself, if someone is wrong there's something in the narrative that points that out to be the case. Canonically speaking, Freeza's remnants post Namek Saga are aware of Freeza's power in his final form and have been keeping tabs on Goku and friends' progression up to the Buu arc as shown by Sorbet so it wouldn't be out the norm for them to know how strong Freeza is in his final form.

Like I said before, Goku was disappointed Abo and Cado were only as strong as Freeza, not weaker than them.
And when Goku said "perfect for the kids" he may have been thinking the kids would go ssj, so base kids are perfect for suppressed Frieza and as ssj they are perfect for final form Frieza opponents which makes perfect sense.
The line is actually "the kids will be fine" as translated by Herms, in the manga version by Ooishi and Toriyama the base kids easily beat Abo and Cado forcing them to fused into Aka, the rest of your post is just typical head-canon trying to make the narrative fit your point of view when there's nothing wrong with it in the first place.
And they clearly can't be 100% Frieza level in power since 100% Frieza was still above base Goku at that time, so unless you think base Goten and Trunks are stronger than base Goku, Abo and Cado have to be weaker than full power Frieza, and since Tarble only knew of first form Frieza, them being first form Frieza level makes the most sense.
If you're thinking of Beerus he was simply wrong as Goku would be suppressed, the same film also referenced the Tarble special where the base kids fought on par (stomped in Toriyama and Ooishi's version) with opponents comparable to Freeza so...

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:21 pm

prince212 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

A man can dream.
That man dream can be a nightmare for the rest of the humanity hehehehe
:lol:

Togashi is out.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Yusuke Murata. He's the man:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Welp. Looks like Broly will be paying a visit to his very first manga.

Now I know why Toyotaro was so eager to confirm it will continue past ToP.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:58 pm

lord turbo wrote: Its not that so much as the narrative itself, if someone is wrong there's something in the narrative that points that out to be the case. Canonically speaking, Freeza's remnants post Namek Saga are aware of Freeza's power in his final form and have been keeping tabs on Goku and friends' progression up to the Buu arc as shown by Sorbet so it wouldn't be out the norm for them to know how strong Freeza is in his final form.
I'm pretty sure only the top people like Sorbet would know things like that. Tarble was on a planet exiled and should know nothing of Frieza's forms. And Goku said a Frieza level opponent would be good for the kids, so he was probably thinking about their ssj forms, but since Abo and Cado were only suppressed Frieza level they only needed their base forms. Further indication they were only base Frieza level is that their power was compared to the Ginyu force beforehand, and he said now they are probably as strong as Frieza, most likely meaning first form Frieza. Also if they were Ginyu force level during the namek saga, that means if they are 100% Frieza tier now, it means they grew at a faster rate than Goku and Vegeta since base Goku was stated to be weaker than Frieza.
Like I said before, Goku was disappointed Abo and Cado were only as strong as Freeza, not weaker than them.
Because he wanted to fight them himself.
The line is actually "the kids will be fine" as translated by Herms, in the manga version by Ooishi and Toriyama the base kids easily beat Abo and Cado forcing them to fused into Aka, the rest of your post is just typical head-canon trying to make the narrative fit your point of view when there's nothing wrong with it in the first place.
Dude, you are being hypocritical. It was stated that base Goku was weaker than Frieza, so unless you think base Goten and Trunks are stronger than base Goku you are wrong.
Lets look at the facts
base Goku<Frieza (stated multiple times in multiple sources so it is clealry authors intent)
Trable most likely doesn't know of Frieza's full power
Abo and Cado < base Goten and Trunks

Giving these three facts it is most likely Abo and Cado are not the strength of full power Frieza, not to mention how dumb it would be if some random fat Frieza soldiers just randomly became as strong as 100% Frieza after a few years. It is not easy to become that strong. Frieza never even had to go to his 3rd form before to fight an opponent and Beerus literally fell down when he heard Frieza was defeated. If two random fat Frieza soldiers could beat Frieza after a few years why would Beerus be shocked Frieza lost?
If you're thinking of Beerus he was simply wrong as Goku would be suppressed, the same film also referenced the Tarble special where the base kids fought on par (stomped in Toriyama and Ooishi's version) with opponents comparable to Freeza so...
You are being a hypocrite. You are saying Beerus was wrong, a god who knows how to sense power, his statement was never contradicted, and to double down in the anime version even after going ssj he said Frieza was still the best he could do. This is conformation that Beerus' statement as true. But because it fits your narrative to have Goku be suppressed and Abo and Cado be full power Frieza level that is what you choose to believe even though literally all of the evidence contradicts that stand point.
You keep saying I use head canon, but you are doing the same thing except more because I'm the one using current author intent while you are not. Whether or not Abo and Cado were as strong first form or final form Frieza we don't know, but we do know base Goku is now intended to be weaker than Frieza, which means they had to only be as strong as suppressed Frieza.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Neither Yo Son Goku nor the Battle of Gods film are not definitively connected to the main continuity(DB manga, DBS), so what's the point of discussing consistency within works that aren't consistent with the entire rest of the series?
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:22 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Yusuke Murata. He's the man:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I.m.o he’s doing the best art out there .. look at this one
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

He’s that good on drawing that he can put any series in the next level ... To say :
Dragon ball by toyotaro is still dragon ball
Dragon ball by Murata will be dragon ball by Murata .. no doubt awesome art , and with a good story telling guy ... new level.
He has enough with one punch man , doing 10 times more sales than dbs.

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:32 pm

Bergamo wrote:Neither Yo Son Goku nor the Battle of Gods film are not definitively connected to the main continuity(DB manga, DBS), so what's the point of discussing consistency within works that aren't consistent with the entire rest of the series?
I hope Tarble shows up and defeats Broly in the movie, just because it would be stupid and piss people off.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:41 pm

R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:
Bergamo wrote:Neither Yo Son Goku nor the Battle of Gods film are not definitively connected to the main continuity(DB manga, DBS), so what's the point of discussing consistency within works that aren't consistent with the entire rest of the series?
I hope Tarble shows up and defeats Broly in the movie, just because it would be stupid and piss people off.
Do you like Dragon Ball? I'm legitimately curious as to why someone would want something they like to be bad.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:57 pm

prince212 wrote:I.m.o he’s doing the best art out there .. look at this one
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh my he has done more DB art? Now I'm truly know he's a fan of the series
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
prince212 wrote:I.m.o he’s doing the best art out there .. look at this one
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh my he has done more DB art? Now I'm truly know he's a fan of the series
Check out this link ,there’s 14 db pics by Murata
[spoiler]https://hypebeast.com/2018/4/dragon-bal ... ngs-part-1[/spoiler]

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Is it a coincidence that Toyotaro showed Broly-Kale in the chapter right before the Broly reveal?

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Bergamo wrote:Is it a coincidence that Toyotaro showed Broly-Kale in the chapter right before the Broly reveal?
It’s a coincidence, it was showed in the anime too , and it was about time to be in the manga ..
Kale and broly are just alike because they have kind of same transformation and that’s it.( I don’t like it too much ) it’s just like saiyans with tail looking to the moon ....
It’s also something that toyble dragon ball af found in broly the saiyan that they needed to have 7 ...

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Bergamo wrote:Do you like Dragon Ball? I'm legitimately curious as to why someone would want something they like to be bad.
it was joke

OriginalRed

Post by OriginalRed » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:13 am

Personally, I think Dragon Garow Lee would probably be the best possible pick for the Dragonball manga. Unlike guys like Toyo and JiJi, I think his panelling and layouts are easily the most dynamic and unique with him not really relying much on extensive referencing like Toyo and JiJi do.
Whoever drew this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:35 am

OriginalRed wrote:

Personally, I think Dragon Garow Lee would probably be the best possible pick for the Dragonball manga. Unlike guys like Toyo and JiJi, I think his panelling and layouts are easily the most dynamic and unique with him not really relying much on extensive referencing like Toyo and JiJi do.
Whoever drew this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Pretty sure it was the mangaka for Shokugeki no Sôma, otherwise known as Food Wars.