Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:18 am

sintzu wrote:With this dealing with Saiyan history I hope Beerus' role in their planet's destruction becomes fully known to everyone.
He just allowed authorization. He played almost no role whatsoever. Freeza probably was worried Beerus wouldn't approve of him doing his job of destroying stuff without approval first.
IndieBooToo wrote:
precita wrote:Freeza is probably in the flashbacks when Broly is a baby, we don't know if he's in the present day of the movie. We don't need Freeza teaming up with Goku AGAIN.
Imagine being this delusional. Frieza is in the present plot of the movie and likely past flashbacks as well. Deal with it.
This was extremely rude and you have absolutely no idea on the matter you are speaking on. We don't know until we see the movie.
ZeroNeonix wrote:
sintzu wrote:With this dealing with Saiyan history I hope Beerus' role in their planet's destruction becomes fully known to everyone.
I'm still kinda confused about how Beerus was involved in Planet Vegeta's destruction. If he wanted it gone, why didn't he blow it up himself?
He authorized it. Freeza asked for permission from Beerus before destroying the planet.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:28 am

Dragono wrote:
precita wrote:When the hell are Trunks and Goten going to get some focus. They were in a Broly movie!
Also the answer is right front of you: when they are popular enough to be.
Which they never will be, when they don't have relevant roles in the first place.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:12 am

PFM18 wrote:He just allowed authorization. He played almost no role whatsoever. Freeza probably was worried Beerus wouldn't approve of him doing his job of destroying stuff without approval first.
The anime made it clear Beers told him to do it.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:14 am

precita wrote:Freeza is probably in the flashbacks when Broly is a baby, we don't know if he's in the present day of the movie. We don't need Freeza teaming up with Goku AGAIN.
And by 'we', you mean 'you'.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:36 am

alakazam^ wrote:
PFM18 wrote:He just allowed authorization. He played almost no role whatsoever. Freeza probably was worried Beerus wouldn't approve of him doing his job of destroying stuff without approval first.
The anime made it clear Beers told him to do it.
Yeah I really dont think so

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 am

PFM18 wrote:
He just allowed authorization. He played almost no role whatsoever. Freeza probably was worried Beerus wouldn't approve of him doing his job of destroying stuff without approval first.
IndieBooToo wrote:
Imagine being this delusional. Frieza is in the present plot of the movie and likely past flashbacks as well. Deal with it.
This was extremely rude and you have absolutely no idea on the matter you are speaking on. We don't know until we see the movie.
ZeroNeonix wrote:
I'm still kinda confused about how Beerus was involved in Planet Vegeta's destruction. If he wanted it gone, why didn't he blow it up himself?
He authorized it. Freeza asked for permission from Beerus before destroying the planet.
I have a brain and common sense. Sorry if it's a concept you don't understand.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 am

IndieBooToo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
I have a brain and common sense. Sorry if it's a concept you don't understand.
Alright so your rebuttal is nothing of substance? Alright Great

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:06 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Dragono wrote:
precita wrote:When the hell are Trunks and Goten going to get some focus. They were in a Broly movie!
Which they never will be, when they don't have relevant roles in the first place.
Good answer. I'd prefer Caulifla and Kale to get some focus, they are way more intersting than these two.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:12 am

Thinking about it, this Broly may be a forgotten infiltration baby. Kikono, the guy from Minus, seemed like he knew pretty well about the Saiyans whereabouts so maybe he will remember about Broly. Or maybe Paragus was able to save Broly in a similar way as Bardock and Gine with Goku.
I wouldn’t mind Broly being an infiltration baby as I always wanted to see what a true infiltration baby does and how they live on the planet they have conquered.
They may also provide some insight: Gine said it was very dangerous, so maybe they knew about a few babies being sent to other planets but they didn’t care as they were weak babies, thus didn’t provide them any support leaving them to die. In this case, it would turn out Broly managed to conquer his planet alone because of him being extremely powerful.

The reason I say this is because of the Saiyan pod in the poster, which I believe holds some importance or it wouldn’t be there.

I still hope we will see the Ancient Saiyans and Sadala, though.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:24 am

Bergamo wrote:Vegeta literally says he didn't care about the Saiyan people in the namek saga. He seems mildly perturbed by the fact that Frieza blew up planet Vegeta until right before his death.
I think it had to do with him not wanting to show others that he cares but when he died he had nothing more to lose.
ABED wrote:Even if it bugs Vegeta, I don't see Vegeta being so bothered by it that this would be a hit below the belt.
Even if not that, I still hope Beerus' role wasn't just having it destroyed randomly but instead there being some real reason behind it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:47 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Dragono wrote:
I’d say there is a very small chance for Goten and Trunks to have some sort of role in this Movie. Takeshi Kusao, Trunks’ Japanese VA is on the cast list, which might hint at Trunks having some relevance. And since Masako Nozawa, who obviously is on the cast list, also voices Goten, this might telling us that Trunks and Goten will have roles in the movie. And if they do, PLEASE age them up Toei.

And if it turns out Kusao is playing Future Trunks, well then fuck me...

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:48 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Nishii Terumi tweeted a photo of Nagamine Tatsuya and Yama'uchi Shigeyasu hanging out. It'll be interesting to see if Yama'uchi winds up storyboarding a piece of the film or is asked to do something for the franchise. Yama'uchi directed many episodes of Dragon Ball Z (including Episode #279) and directed Movies #11, #13, #15 and #17, while serving as supervisor for #12, #14, and #16.

Broly confirmed! /s
This is way funnier now. The answers were all there.

Now that we know that Broly is actually in the film, I imagine Yamauchi is helping out in some way since he’s familiar with the character.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:55 am

simtek34 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Dragono wrote: Also the answer is right front of you: when they are popular enough to be.
I’d say there is a very small chance for Goten and Trunks to have some sort of role in this Movie. Takeshi Kusao, Trunks’ Japanese VA is on the cast list, which might hint at Trunks having some relevance. And since Masako Nozawa, who obviously is on the cast list, also voices Goten, this might telling us that Trunks and Goten will have roles in the movie. And if they do, PLEASE age them up Toei.

And if it turns out Kusao is playing Future Trunks, well then fuck me...
Both will probably just be side characters who get a few lines here and there.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:01 am

Replies in this thread are venturing back towards the rude side of discussion. Remember to mind your attitudes and be respectful of your fellow members when posting. Account strikes have already been issued and a few more are teetering on the edge.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 am

simtek34 wrote:this might telling us that Trunks and Goten will have roles in the movie. And if they do, PLEASE age them up Toei.
At this point it would be more surprising if they did age them up rather than not. If it wasn't ridiculous enough for them and Toriyama that they were still toddlers in Super, it won't matter now either. I expect them to remain the same and not get aged up until some new post-EOZ series or something.

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:42 am

Wooooo! It feels like the last couple days have been one of the most fun times of my life! I didn't think we could get an announcement that could cause more priceless reactions than the return of Freeza did a few years ago, but the reactions caused by this are truly the stuff of legend! I can't imagine anything ever surpassing it. When I saw the announcement I just thought, "So Toriyama wants to give us his own take on Broly? That's cool." Then I realized the many crazy things that will mean to so many and rushed all over the place to make sure I didn't miss anything! (This sums quite a bit of it up nicely!) :lol:

Of the latest news, I'm the most interested in the fact that apparently we're finally going to learn more about the history of the saiyans in a "very large-scale and dramatic" story.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:47 am

Basaku wrote:
simtek34 wrote:this might telling us that Trunks and Goten will have roles in the movie. And if they do, PLEASE age them up Toei.
At this point it would be more surprising if they did age them up rather than not. If it wasn't ridiculous enough for them and Toriyama that they were still toddlers in Super, it won't matter now either. I expect them to remain the same and not get aged up until some new post-EOZ series or something.
Super was a weird case, there was no designs for them for F and due to the rushed production they probably just didn't think it was worth it to give them new designs when they weren't important to any arc.
Due to the new artstyle every character needs a new model sheet, so this is the perfect time to age them up at least a little bit.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:29 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Dragono wrote:
They had the buu saga, they had GT and they had bio broly. they just don't stick.

Roshi was irrelevant in z but he never really lost popularity.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:06 am

Dragono wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Dragono wrote: Also the answer is right front of you: when they are popular enough to be.
They had the buu saga, they had GT and they had bio broly. they just don't stick.

Roshi was irrelevant in z but he never really lost popularity.
Anything Saiyan is going to Goku, Vegeta and new Saiyans so Trunks and Goten are essentially finished.

They don't really bring anything to story either and there are currently way more popular characters then these 2.

Someone like Roshi is different to other characters so it makes sense to use him for variety.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:06 am

Welp I guess I will look forward to the broly reboot.