Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:11 am

BrolyKale wrote:He has something around his neck, do you guys think its a control device?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:That metal thing wrapped around Broly's neck isn't there when he's in his Berserker form. If that is a device that controls him, then it looks like he breaks free from it once he transforms.
Yeah, definitely. I suppose that is the reason he is part of Freeza's army and then later on he will break free, destroying the armor and the device.

Maxum599

Post by Maxum599 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:12 am

sintzu wrote:
Maxum599 wrote:Well color me impressed broly's character designs are looking good, much better than z movie broly's design. :thumbup:
You can really tell this is a completely new (but familiar) Broly. I really can't wait to see the trailer and some of the action. Hopefully Vegeta will use his Blue evolution form as it'd be odd not to considering this is following the anime's events.
Yeah vegeta should use his blue evolution it's not like he lost the transformation as he turned it on and off during the events of the tournament of power. Hopefully the trailer is awesome.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:16 am

Maxum599 wrote:Vegeta should use his blue evolution it's not like he lost the transformation as he turned it on and off during the events of the tournament of power.
I think it was an anime only form so I'm worried that Toriyama didn't take it into account while writing the movie, same with Goku's Blue kaioken. Hopefully the trailer will give us an idea.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 am

Maxum599 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Maxum599 wrote:Well color me impressed broly's character designs are looking good, much better than z movie broly's design. :thumbup:
You can really tell this is a completely new (but familiar) Broly. I really can't wait to see the trailer and some of the action. Hopefully Vegeta will use his Blue evolution form as it'd be odd not to considering this is following the anime's events.
Yeah vegeta should use his blue evolution it's not like he lost the transformation as he turned it on and off during the events of the tournament of power. Hopefully the trailer is awesome.
Doubt SSGSS Evolution would be used for this movie. Vegeta didn't even use the form in the ending of the final episode. It's not gonna be used for the comic version so why bother putting in the movie? Toriyama didn't write it for the animated version so he has no obligation to put it in the movie.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 am

Meshack wrote:Doubt SSGSS Evolution would be used for this movie. Vegeta didn't even use the form in the ending of the final episode.

It's not gonna be used for the comic version so why bother putting in the movie? Toriyama didn't write it for the animated version so he has no obligation to put it in the movie.
That was a friendly match, not a life or death battle.

He approved it and is bringing Broly back which was more far fetched than a form that's already established within Super.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:58 am

I'm honestly not digging the new design, at least in his base form. In my opinion it just looks like a generic Saiyan OC from Deviantart. If Broli had one thing going for him in the old movies it was his character design.

I suppose his powered up form looks pretty cool, but it still seems like a downgrade from what we used to have.

Anyway, since Broli apparently has a tail I wonder if the "Great Ape" transformation will make an appearance.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:24 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiNUCjNUwAEsleQ.jpg

Herms just retweeted this.

I like it. The lime colored fur will take some getting used to but I admit I like this base form better than the old one.

Weird though that the hair looks different than the one from the figure posted a little earlier.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:36 am

Michsi wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiNUCjNUwAEsleQ.jpg

Herms just retweeted this.

I like it. The lime colored fur will take some getting used to but I admit I like this base form better than the old one.

Weird though that the hair looks different than the one from the figure posted a little earlier.
This design will probably be early in the movie, possibly in the past while the figure one being later on as he may have something to do with Freeza based on him wearing something similar to what his men wear.

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:40 am

Vados_chan wrote:[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The plot thickens....the torn gear looks more in like with vegeta's here.
"Oh dear...."

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:12 am

ShaggyBlanco wrote:Image

Here's the new Base design (and a look at his face at last)
How could the fans who created these fanarts of Broly possibly have known or predicted so accurately that THIS was going to be his official look!??? Both his hairstyle AND armor!???? Now THAT’s what i like to call some good prognasticators!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:13 am

From the three Broly character designs we have so far, my favourite is easily the one with Freeza's army armor. He looks awesome!
The other two are okay.

The thing I like the most in his new design is the fur. It gives him a primitive look. At the same time, the thing I like the less is the color. If I really had to make it green, I would use a darker tone. it doesn't look good when he's on his berserk form.

I also like the scars. Just wish Toriyama went a little crazier with them.
Vados_chan wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
If it was Kale in that illustration fighting against two SSB, some people would be already complaining and talking about feminism, but since this Broly doesn't have a vagina it's okay...

Anyway from now on if people want to compare Kale's power to Broly, it's this one that appears in the main story they should use as reference.

Props to Toyotaro, by the way. That's a really good artwork!
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:14 am

That slim version of LSSJ Broly will probably appear in the manga, just like Kale.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:15 am

I expect we'll probably see more of these designs in this week's issue of V-jump?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:15 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:How could the fans who created these fanarts of Broly possibly have known or predicted so accurately that THIS was going to be his official look!??? Both his hairstyle AND armor!???? Now THAT’s what i like to call some good prognasticators!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This artist must feel so proud. This is 95% on point. All that's missing is the scar. Pretty crazy how accurate they were by only using what we all saw from the teaser trailer.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:If it was Kale in that illustration fighting against two SSB, some people would be already complaining and talking about feminism, but since this Broly doesn't have a vagina it's okay...
I've seen a lot of complaints regarding Broly's ability to hold his own against Blue when this movie was announced.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:This artist must feel so proud. This is 95% on point. All that's missing is the scar. Pretty crazy how accurate they were by only using what we all saw from the teaser trailer.
The recolored ssj forms have been around since the early 2000s so could whoever came up with them (and this design) go after the right holders legally for "copying" them ?
Last edited by sintzu on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:How could the fans who created these fanarts of Broly possibly have known or predicted so accurately that THIS was going to be his official look!??? Both his hairstyle AND armor!???? Now THAT’s what i like to call some good prognasticators!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This artist must feel so proud. This is 95% on point. All that's missing is the scar. Pretty crazy how accurate they were by only using what we all saw from the teaser trailer.
It's not that crazy. You could extrapolate what his armor looked like just by comparing what the trailer showed to the armor in Resurrection F.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:21 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
If it was Kale in that illustration fighting against two SSB, some people would be already complaining and talking about feminism, but since this Broly doesn't have a vagina it's okay...

Anyway from now on if people want to compare Kale's power to Broly, it's this one that appears in the main story they should use as reference.

Gotta say, Broly's lower half (they way it's positioned and the muscles) seem distranctingly off to me.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 am

Michsi wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:

Gotta say, Broly's lower half (they way it's positioned and the muscles) seem distranctingly off to me.
I noticed that too... it looks weird.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:37 am

The movie's main song was also announced today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBw29t7 ... utu.be&t=7

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:58 am

Love the new Broly design. The whole idea of rewriting Broly is much welcome. This movie will do for Broly what the tournament of power did for Frieza. A quality addition to the main canon.