Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:28 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:If anyone wants to get a close up detail of the new Broli...

[spoiler]Broli in Freeza armor

http://comicbook.com/anime/2018/07/16/d ... -revealed/[/spoiler]
How is it possible that the clearer the images become, the uglier the design looks?
It could just be that, unlike the majority, you just don’t like the designs. But i will again stress that most people like these designs and some eve find it better than old Broly.
Need to see some receipts on that “majority”.
jeffbr92 wrote:
DragonBallFoodie wrote:Broly's design has a lot of neon green. His original design was pretty badass and I'd need to see how this incarnation can surpass the other one.

Yes, I wished Toriyama kept the red and gold from Broly old design to his new one, him just having a green fur to match his LSSJ hair is silly to me.
Brettjr25 wrote:Awwww...base Broly looks like s#*t. :/ Oh well I can still hope for a cool plot.
Not seeing that majority so far.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:29 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Here's a fanart of his new "look"
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Edited it for you :)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:34 pm

TheMikado wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
How is it possible that the clearer the images become, the uglier the design looks?
It could just be that, unlike the majority, you just don’t like the designs. But i will again stress that most people like these designs and some eve find it better than old Broly.
Need to see some receipts on that “majority”.
jeffbr92 wrote:
DragonBallFoodie wrote:Broly's design has a lot of neon green. His original design was pretty badass and I'd need to see how this incarnation can surpass the other one.

Yes, I wished Toriyama kept the red and gold from Broly old design to his new one, him just having a green fur to match his LSSJ hair is silly to me.
Brettjr25 wrote:Awwww...base Broly looks like s#*t. :/ Oh well I can still hope for a cool plot.
Not seeing that majority so far.
Lol. Well. Think about this. You and those other 2 people are the only haters of Broly’s new design in this thread. I haven’t seen anyone else in this thread share your opinion.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:23 pm

I really like the new designs.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:37 pm

So a trailer in 2 days? I'm am so hyped!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:52 pm

bleed0range wrote:I was thinking today of how the new Broly movie could essentially be a tragedy like Hamlet. Wherein his motivation is against Vegeta now instead of Goku. Paragus could have been the prior king of the saiyans and Vegeta’s father could have killed him to take the throne. And when he did we find out he bartered a deal with Freeza which cost the saiyans their freedom and ultimately their planet.

Broly could want revenge on Vegeta for what his father did to take his place as the rightful heir. Ultimately we find out it was Freeza who killed Paragus and so the tables turn at some point in the movie.

That could be interesting.
Just write the movie dude. That sounds awesome

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:53 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:So a trailer in 2 days? I'm am so hyped!
It's going to be hectic when just SSJ Broly is smacking up two SSJB's post TOP. :lol:

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Miracles wrote:
It's going to be hectic when just SSJ Broly is smacking up two SSJB's post TOP. :lol:

Get your flame resistant shields ready! :lol: :lol:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:08 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:
Miracles wrote:

Any shields would have been gone by the explosion that was Broly being revealed. The internet exploding doesnt leave many survuvors not even flame resistant shields!

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:11 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:
Miracles wrote:

Any shields would have been gone by the explosion that was Broly being revealed. The internet exploding doesnt leave many survuvors not even flame resistant shields!

Good thing I have enough time to build a safe underground bunker!! All survivors are welcome!

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Melkaniator » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:13 pm

dragon boss z wrote:I'm just wondering if Toriyama doesn't say "Goku goes kaioken"
Nah, he won't mention stuff that's not his.
Dragono wrote: Beerus did not want to destroy Earth because it was his job, he wanted to do it because he didn't get pudding.
He's entitled to it, since destroying planets IS HIS JOB.

That he's childish about it doesn't change that.
Dragono wrote: This is all i need to know, you know very little about what you are talking about.
Says the guy that claims Beerus as a villain.
jeffbr92 wrote:Funny hearing some people opinions insisting that Broly again is almost like getting another antagonist like Jiren.

Really? Jiren is stoic and has a bland personality, Broly is a bloodlusted manic who suffers with schizophrenia.
Broly didn't had that much going for him, but he's way more entertaining than Mr. "10 months to know me".
jeffbr92 wrote:Also Broly is a Saiyan which is a plus (since the series is long time about this great warrior race), so you have more interest about him than Jiren whatever race or such.
Having a new movie with a new saiya-jin is not a plus, is stagnant.

We're even getting another saiya-jin in Super Dragon Ball Heroes anime.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Miracles wrote:
If Kale along with Episode #100 was never a thing, I could expect people flipping about SSJ Broly wrecking Blue Goku and Vegeta, but now they are used with this shit lol
Melkaniator wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Also Broly is a Saiyan which is a plus (since the series is long time about this great warrior race), so you have more interest about him than Jiren whatever race or such.
Having a new movie with a new saiya-jin is not a plus, is stagnant. We're even getting another saiya-jin in Super Dragon Ball Heroes anime.
Hmm, good point. Even tho I like Shallot (Legends) and Cumber (Heroes), it's getting repetitive to get only new Saiyan characters, so I guess new races could be explored more.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:44 pm

So, I have to say, despite the fact that we are getting Broly, I am still hyped about the movie, also I have to say, I REALLY like Brolys new design, which looks much better than non canon Broly, and I hope he becomes interesting this time because the Broly from the movies was really boring and I never liked that character because of that.

Some people may say that bringing Broly "back" is this or that, but for all we know this is not going to be the same Broly, but a new rebooted character with a different backstory and goals maybe too? I am willing to give it a chance first.

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Melkaniator » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:46 pm

Dragono wrote: People will write you off that way.
Good thing I don't care about your opinion then.

Why would I?

You defend Akira's stagnant ideas while trying to change facts.
BrolyKale wrote:I explained why Broly could be interesting and why he was completely new.
You're failing to understand the term "completely".
sintzu wrote:
Melkaniator wrote:Suggest Akira to create something completely new, make DB reach new heights, be way more than it is.
Like Beerus, the destroyers, the angles, zeno, & Zamasu to name a few ?
A few?

The only good example is Zamasu.

He's the only main villain there.
sintzu wrote:
Saiga wrote:If I were in charge, I wouldn't be suggesting concepts to Toriyama based on how popular or marketable they are.

It's not like Toriyama used Broly because he had some burning passion for the character. He was suggested to do it and decided to go along with it.
If you were in charge your #1 priority would be to bring in as much $$$ as possible
Broly is still requested on any DB game, he will make money regardless, it's time for something new.

It's okay if you are conformist with whatever Akira/Toei delivers, I'm not, I want something new.

More main villains would've brought more money in the end, that's simple math.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:13 am

Can we all just get along people, sheesh.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:53 am

Just a thought, as this film is the fourth one to carry the titular character, could this movie be considered the fourth of the "Broly" anthology just like how the Pirates of the Caribbean, X-Men, and the Purge films are treated?
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:00 am

superfan2024 wrote:Ok, if we do get a Goku and Vegeta fusion through the fusion dance, do y’all actually think we’re getting Gogeta?
Obviously.
superfan2024 wrote:I’m pretty sure we’re getting Vegetto still.
No, that will NEVER happen.

I bet my avatar on it.
BrolyKale wrote:They don't need Broly to make money, if there's Dragon Ball in the title that's enough, people will watch anything even if its bad.
Now on THAT we can agree.
XanatosVanBadass wrote:
As much as people are getting salty and butthurt about “rehashing” this opens up potential for a plethora of new lore.
And that STILL doesn't make it a good idea, as all of that is possible without Broly in it.
BrolyKale wrote:Do you guys think that an original character is always going to be good? nope.
Is not guaranteed quality, but it's still new, which is better than no quality unoriginal, like RoF.
dragon boss z wrote:I feel it's more Toei wanting to sell more merchandise, which from a business standpoint makes sense. I'm not a Super hater, but I give criticism when it's due, I'm not just a dragon ball apologist.
Indeed, now there's a lot of "let's do this because it's what sells".

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:20 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote:Can we all just get along people, sheesh.
Tell me about it.
The Kanzenshuu forum is slowly becoming "this is not what i wanted, this is horrible".
"Oh dear...."

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:35 am

bleed0range wrote:I really like the new designs.
Same! Absolutely love them! If they're gonna bring a character back then at least overhaul their design so it feels somewhat fresh, and I love what Toriyama has done! NuBroly is shaping up to be BINO "Broly in name only"!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:40 am

Kogu 87 wrote:
budokaifanatic007 wrote:Can we all just get along people, sheesh.
The Kanzenshuu forum is slowly becoming "this is not what i wanted, this is horrible".
This happens all the time. Just watch when the movie's out most of the fans who're against it will be saying it's the best thing ever.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.