Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:48 am

So Paragus is 100% confirmed, we will see his new design soon.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 am

sintzu wrote:
Kogu 87 wrote:
budokaifanatic007 wrote:Can we all just get along people, sheesh.
The Kanzenshuu forum is slowly becoming "this is not what i wanted, this is horrible".
This happens all the time. Just watch when the movie's out most of the fans who're against it will be saying it's the best thing ever.
We all know why you will like the movie.

In any form of entertainment what people want is what will make them like it the most? Why do you think Broly is back?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 am

Seeing a very mixed response to this movie around the internet.

A lot of people are happy they've brought Broly back and a lot hate the idea.

Some people like Broke new look and some people don't though to be fair he does look pretty lame in his base form with sissy purple women's tights.

I'm just concerned Gogeta will be shoved in it now. They scrounged up the most popular thing from the movies with Broly so now are they going to do the same with the next popular thing with Gogeta?

Broly is one thing but it'd be hugely disappointing if Gogeta is in the movie. He isn't remotely interesting, he's basically just Goku and it'll make it predictable as hell.

I'd rather him summon up Ultra Instinct again just anything but fusion, one of the weakest gimmicks in the series.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:00 am

I don't think Gogeta will be in the same movie. I'm pretty sure Goku UI will finish Broly.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 am

I definitely agree with the 2 posts above me!^

If Gogeta is in this movie instead of MUI Goku, i’m done with Super and won’t be supporting the movie. However, i’m almost certain that won’t happen since MUI is the new hot thing now. Thank reason.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:42 am

If Broly loses to MUI he's weaker than Jiren and that would awful. I really don't get why people have such a hate boner for fusion.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:48 am

sintzu wrote:
Kogu 87 wrote:
budokaifanatic007 wrote:Can we all just get along people, sheesh.
The Kanzenshuu forum is slowly becoming "this is not what i wanted, this is horrible".
This happens all the time. Just watch when the movie's out most of the fans who're against it will be saying it's the best thing ever.

At first i was dissapointed because this Broly looks pretty much the same like the original.
Now, i few days later, i'm still not wild of it, but i think it's ok, Shintani drew him well, and i guess the animation will make it look even better.

I still hold my hopes high for a good movie.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:55 am

Melkaniator wrote:
superfan2024 wrote:Ok, if we do get a Goku and Vegeta fusion through the fusion dance, do y’all actually think we’re getting Gogeta?
Obviously.
superfan2024 wrote:I’m pretty sure we’re getting Vegetto still.
No, that will NEVER happen.

I bet my avatar on it.
BrolyKale wrote:They don't need Broly to make money, if there's Dragon Ball in the title that's enough, people will watch anything even if its bad.
Now on THAT we can agree on.
XanatosVanBadass wrote:
As much as people are getting salty and butthurt about “rehashing” this opens up potential for a plethora of new lore.
And that STILL doesn't make it a good idea, as all of that is possible without Broly in it.
BrolyKale wrote:Do you guys think that an original character is always going to be good? nope.
Is not guaranteed quality, but it's still new, which is better than no quality unoriginal, like RoF.
dragon boss z wrote:I feel it's more Toei wanting to sell more merchandise, which from a business standpoint makes sense. I'm not a Super hater, but I give criticism when it's due, I'm not just a dragon ball apologist.
Indeed, now there's a lot of "let's do this because it's what sells".
How can the fusion dance between Goku and Vegeta being Gogeta in the movie be obvous? The fusion dance between the two have never appeared in canon. Why the fuck will there be two different begins for the same two people merging? Gogeta was made before Toriyama created Vegetto, that’s why their designs are different. Using a movie non canon character would’ve fucked things up big time and so Toriyama made the potara. You’re telling me that if Goten and Trunks use the potara, there’s gonna be a different fusion? Get outta here.

And since everything’s so obvious to you, was it obvious that Broly would literally become canon and used by Toriyama?
Last edited by superfan2024 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 am

Vados_chan wrote:If Broly loses to MUI he's weaker than Jiren and that would awful. I really don't get why people have such a hate boner for fusion.
Me neither. I’m a bit curious about Toriyama’s version of Gogeta as well. We already saw Ultra Instinct on the tv series.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:10 am

Vados_chan wrote:If Broly loses to MUI he's weaker than Jiren and that would awful. I really don't get why people have such a hate boner for fusion.
There’s nothing really wrong with a previous antagonist being stronger that the next. Especially if the main protagonist is also weaker than the previous protagonist.

I mean, every antagonist after Beerus was weaker than him.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:27 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
There’s nothing really wrong with a previous antagonist being stronger that the next. Especially if the main protagonist is also weaker than the previous protagonist.

I mean, every antagonist after Beerus was weaker than him.
Beerus was only an antagonist in Bog tbh.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 am

Not neccesarily. This MUI Goku will be a lot stronger than the ToP version since Goku has been training for several months (depending on how much time has passed since the ToP in-universe) heck for all we know the extreme could happen where regular Blue Goku and Vegeta are now as strong as Jiren from the ToP. It wouldn’t matter if Jiren himself also trained and got a lot stronger so he will always be above them. (This case is extremely unlikely ofcourse) but i’m just trying to make a point that we can’t jump to any conclusions since literally anything is possible.

My prediction?

Movie MUI Goku and Broly > ToP MUI Goku and Jiren. That’s reasonable and more than possible. Why wouldn’t it be?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:36 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:We all know why you will like the movie.
And we all know why you'll hate this movie.
BrolyKale wrote:I don't think Gogeta will be in the same movie. I'm pretty sure Goku UI will finish Broly.
I think there's a 30% chance Gogeta will show up while the other 70% is Goku's UI taking care of business.

On top of fusion reborn being screened in the U.S alongside Bardock and Broly's movies, we've now got this.

July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:43 am

BrolyKale wrote:So Paragus is 100% confirmed, we will see his new design soon.
Where was Paragus confirmed? I did try to look back but there are always so many pointless posts in these kinds of threads that I have trouble finding genuine news.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:59 am

Here's Paragus. They're doing what they can to not have to draw tails anymore.

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:02 am

Damn Paragus hella old and we know Saiyans age much slower than humans

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:02 am

sintzu wrote: On top of fusion reborn being screened in the U.S alongside Bardock and Broly's movies, we've now got this.

The.. what is this?
Grimlock wrote:Here's Paragus.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
New Broly was so so, but this Paragus design is definitely not doing it for me
Vados_chan wrote:Damn Paragus hella old and we know Saiyans age much slower than humans
....Ultra instinct Paragus?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:04 am

Now I'm curious about how old Paragus is. We don't often see elderly saiyans.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:06 am

Grimlock wrote:Here's Paragus. They're doing what they can to not have to draw tails anymore.

Holy crap, that expression on serious Broly's face is super intense, love it. That nose on closer inspection though is a little yikes.

Rest of the designs are good as well. Like the reimagining of Paragus.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:12 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Me neither. I’m a bit curious about Toriyama’s version of Gogeta as well. We already saw Ultra Instinct on the tv series.
What if Goku can’t go UI but Gogeta could? Eh? Ehhhh?