Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:26 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Mnich wrote:Akira Toriyama said that he watched movies with Broly, now I wonder if he will bring back scared Vegeta "oh no, we don't stand a chance, this is Legendary Super Saiyan". It was so out of character but I have a weird feeling that Toriyama might actually like it :lol:

By the way, are they gonna retell this movie in DBS anime? What do you think? I hope they won't.
He didn't react that way to Kale using the same transformation. I mean, he warned Goku to be cautious, but he wasn't afraid to fight her. Why would he be more intimidated when Broly does the same thing?
Broly is fighting two SSB's as a SS..
He can also go LSS..
Pretty scary stuff if you ask me
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:27 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:He didn't react that way to Kale using the same transformation. I mean, he warned Goku to be cautious, but he wasn't afraid to fight her. Why would he be more intimidated when Broly does the same thing?
That's right, but that was before Toriyama took Broly under his wings. He said he's gonna keep some things to not disappoint Broly's fans.
Last edited by Mnich on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:27 pm

I don't know why people didn't like Vegeta's reaction in movie 8... I mean his reaction was priceless, even the prince of all Saiyans feared the legendary Super Saiyan, he kneeled down, he was paralyzed and that made Broly look like a real beast, threat, ledendary.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:29 pm

I think Paragus looked a lot better in his traditional Saiyan gear.

Last edited by DragonBallFoodie on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:31 pm

I mean, he could've been scared in movie 8, but not that long and he was even treated like a trash by Piccolo. That part was hilarious.

Potara-Warrior96

Post by Potara-Warrior96 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:35 pm

BrolyKale wrote:I don't know why people didn't like Vegeta's reaction in movie 8... I mean his reaction was priceless, even the prince of all Saiyans feared the legendary Super Saiyan, he kneeled down, he was paralyzed and that made Broly look like a real beast, threat, ledendary.
I know right, I guess Vegeta can't show any other emotion besides angry midget and super dad apparently.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Mnich wrote:I mean, he could've been scared in movie 8, but not that long and he was even treated like a trash by Piccolo. That part was hilarious.
That's the interesting part, Vegeta was so scared he couldn't do much. He is the only one who realized how strong and brutal Broly was. He also tried to fight him, but then he got OS and that's when he lost all hope.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:45 pm

^ I actually like that part when he decide to fight Broly, but he should've done it much earlier.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:50 pm

I mean yeah he could've done it earlier but he was still under shock.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:57 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Then Paragus will be the proof that Saiyans too had geniuses who were into things other than battle
Seein his scars we say he's into both lol
DragonBallFoodie wrote:I think Paragus looked a lot better in his traditional Saiyan gear.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I agree, but WTF with Broly face in this art?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:37 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Bullza wrote:sissy purple women's tights.
Seriously? Please do tell us what colors and clothes a man should wear, then.
Yes seriously, he looks ridiculous with the purple tights. The colour scheme looks all wrong, it's like a fan made design.

I ain't even that fond of the character but Broly was always popular because he was big hulking manly monster. Him wearing women's purple tights isn't a good look for him at all.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:39 pm

I just hope they don't end up making Broly the villain who killed Jiren's family and teacher. That would be really contrived if you ask me.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Mnich wrote:Akira Toriyama said that he watched movies with Broly, now I wonder if he will bring back scared Vegeta "oh no, we don't stand a chance, this is Legendary Super Saiyan". It was so out of character but I have a weird feeling that Toriyama might actually like it :lol:

By the way, are they gonna retell this movie in DBS anime? What do you think? I hope they won't.
He didn't react that way to Kale using the same transformation. I mean, he warned Goku to be cautious, but he wasn't afraid to fight her. Why would he be more intimidated when Broly does the same thing?
Broly is fighting two SSB's as a SS..
He can also go LSS..
Pretty scary stuff if you ask me
We don't know what the black hair SS style w/SS4 eyes form is yet. Vjump called the green transformation just SS: "From a well-muscled body he transforms into a Super Saiyan!!".

Base Broly doesn't have any pupils so looks like like there will be more to the black haired SS form then just simply controlled SS. SS3/God/Evolution/UI are the only forms to give pupils. SS3 is the strongest SS form. SSGSS.Evo is the strongest of the god forms theand UI flat out the strongest form period. All have pupils...

Something is amiss here they haven't formally revealed that forms design...

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Bullza wrote:Yes seriously, he looks ridiculous with the purple tights. The colour scheme looks all wrong, it's like a fan made design.

I ain't even that fond of the character but Broly was always popular because he was big hulking manly monster. Him wearing women's purple tights isn't a good look for him at all.
Oh ok, a colored piece of cloth now determines your gender, right.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:11 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Bullza wrote:Yes seriously, he looks ridiculous with the purple tights. The colour scheme looks all wrong, it's like a fan made design.

Oh ok, a colored piece of cloth now determines your gender, right.
Dark Purple isn't an uncommon color for men, at least I don't think so. I'm always seeing it in men clothing sections.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I just hope they don't end up making Broly the villain who killed Jiren's family and teacher. That would be really contrived if you ask me.
unlikely since we dont know HOW they would to to other universes

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Cetra » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:14 pm

bleed0range wrote: If you say that all of his actions are not evil just because he is a God than you give Zamasu the right to kill all mortals without technically being evil. It doesn’t make sense.
I am not actually the one saying that though. I was saying "he is not evil if he does not do it for himself" in regards to other people saying "its his job" as that is so often the argument and we need to get on the same level first. My addition of "but even of we ... bla ... we have to keep in mind fairly standard moral systems ... etc." to show that even if we give him that kind of freedom - acting like he has that freedom card, he is apparently neutral, etc. - we cannot actually factor out the rest and thus he will never be truly "not evil". I do not really consider Zamasu ultimately much more evil. He has very good points and actually the issues that he sees in intelligent life are a lot more serious with very true points than what we have seen from Beerus's judgment in some cases. But his drive and modalities make him "more evil". Beerus really only has that kind of "veil of something good" because he is hanging around the main guys while Zamasu really never did that. Remove that part from Beerus and we can see it more clearly. Both Zamasu and Beerus have something that evaluated within a moral system makes them evil. And just because they are not part of that system regularly does not mean they cannot be evaluated within it. Especially as they are not mere animals but intelligent persons that can possibly understand the concept of "valuing other lifeforms".
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:22 pm

sintzu wrote:Dark Purple isn't an uncommon color for men, at least I don't think so. I'm always seeing it in men clothing sections.
Oh I would like to have dark purple pants, not leggings of course lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Cetra wrote:I am not actually the one saying that though. I was saying "he is not evil if he does not do it for himself" in regards to other people saying "its his job" as that is so often the argument and we need to get on the same level first. My addition of "but even of we ... bla ... we have to keep in mind fairly standard moral systems ... etc." to show that even if we give him that kind of freedom - acting like he has that freedom card, he is apparently neutral, etc. - we cannot actually factor out the rest and thus he will never be truly "not evil". I do not really consider Zamasu ultimately much more evil. He has very good points and actually the issues that he sees in intelligent life are a lot more serious with very true points than what we have seen from Beerus's judgment in some cases. But his drive and modalities make him "more evil". Beerus really only has that kind of "veil of something good" because he is hanging around the main guys while Zamasu really never did that. Remove that part from Beerus and we can see it more clearly. Both Zamasu and Beerus have something that evaluated within a moral system makes them evil. And just because they are not part of that system regularly does not mean they cannot be evaluated within it. Especially as they are not mere animals but intelligent persons that can possibly understand the concept of "valuing other lifeforms".
Even so, why would that make him evil? Zen'ou doesn't really care about other lifeforms and Beers is working under him, in charge of the Universe. He doesn't need to care about killing people he knows will reincarnate. eventually.