Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Dragono » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 pm

amuroray wrote:
Esfír Dedragón wrote:So... this is what they came up with for a new Dragon Ball movie?

Ha...Ha...Ha.

At this point, I'm not even mad or disappointed anymore.

Greed and indifference to the quality of the story is now something to be expected in the Dragon Ball franchise.

I'll probably still see this movie in theaters. Who knows? I might actually like the fight scenes because THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT, RIGHT?!?!
Its incredible really how they can keep getting any with this.
Well, thats capitalism, maybe just realize this is not for you and simply don't watch it. We have enough information for you to decide that,

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Why do you guys want to see Gohan? he would get wrecked in one instant...
Base Gohan yes, not Gohan with Angel Ki absorbed
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:40 pm

Didn’t think the movie would already be dubbed by this point. Was that Dameon Clarke as Paragus?

Anyway, if this new version of Broly really is supposed to be a more fleshed out character, the trailer didn’t do much to support that.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Esfír Dedragón wrote:At this point, I'm not even mad or disappointed anymore. Greed and indifference to the quality of the story is now something to be expected in the Dragon Ball franchise.
Disappointed by what bro? By we getting a decent Saiyan backstory? Broly with actual personality this time? Outstading animation? You might not even know what you want from this series anymore
We still don't know anything about the backstory yet, how did you know it is going to be decent? Also, besides what Toriyama said, Broly didn't show any "actual personality" in the trailer, he just screams and fights as expected lol not to mention Paragus's controlling device all again.

I'm not saying you're wrong for sure, I hope you are right, but we don't know yet and I wouldn't expect too much if I were you.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Well thats was really good, and so much awesome green.

Based on some of the images we've seen I stand by my original theory. Broly is a clone. Paragus is not his father but a saiyan scientist who discovered the remnants of the Legendery Super Saiyan and has spent years trying to recreate him.

Wither he's on Frieza's side or not has yet to be seen. The fight with Frieza could simple be a field test to make sure Broly is all he's cracked up to be for he's sent to earth. Or Paragus now sees Broly as a way to re establish saiyan dominance, and like his counter part seeks to ride himself of potential threats like Frieza and the heroic saiyans.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Why do you guys want to see Gohan? he would get wrecked in one instant...
Base Gohan yes, not Gohan with Angel Ki absorbed
This is not the time for Gohan Blanco. This is the time for El Sayayin Verde. or however they spell saiyan in Spanish

-

I'm really curious to see if the movie will follow the manga or the anime more closely. I'm assuming that it won't fit either perfectly, but with God Vegeta having a design, perhaps it'll lean closer to the manga continuity? Impossible to tell just yet, I suppose.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Congrats to the manga for being canon.

Also I'm so looking forward seeing Bardock and Gine again, maybe they show up and help Goku defeating Broly.

I will be disappointed if Beerus strength gets retconned again and he takes care of Broly .

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:44 pm

At first i was a little bit worried with the green haired Broly showing up in the designs, that it would be all about his old design.
My worries seemed unneeded, Broly has four cool forms. The trailer gave me a lot more than i expected, the art and animation look gorgeous and i am excited with SSJG Vegeta and looking forward to a great movie.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Alruneia wrote:I'm really curious to see if the movie will follow the manga or the anime more closely. I'm assuming that it won't fit either perfectly, but with God Vegeta having a design, perhaps it'll lean closer to the manga continuity? Impossible to tell just yet, I suppose.
Probably neither. Goku's using his aura as SSB so he apparently doesn't have the complete SSB from the manga.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:45 pm

My long shot hope for the secondary plot with Bulma is her facing off against the two new Freeza minions (the wrinkly guy with the hat and the woman who looks like her and Zamasu's daughter) and using her inventions and wit to defeat them. A better version of Bulma vs The Crab.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:46 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Alruneia wrote:I'm really curious to see if the movie will follow the manga or the anime more closely. I'm assuming that it won't fit either perfectly, but with God Vegeta having a design, perhaps it'll lean closer to the manga continuity? Impossible to tell just yet, I suppose.
Probably neither. Goku's using his aura as SSB so he apparently doesn't have the complete SSB from the manga.
He only has the aura when he first activates the form. This is just like in the manga.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:47 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:It’s.. it’s so fucking gorgeous :o :cry: ... Please I hope Freeza gets his head ripped off!
Gee thanks, you commit a few, well a lot of, genocides and people want your head for it.

No common sense these humans.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Congrats to the manga for being canon.
:eh:

Anyway, for those wanting the rest of the cast to be featured, let's be real: they'd all get crushed by Broly. The most they could realistically do is fight Freeza's army again (which wouldn't be anything new, I get it). If y'all aren't satisfied with that, then tell me, what would you want from the rest of the cast that isn't Goku or Vegeta? Slice of life? Cheering Goku and Vegeta on? Because I can't think of anything else.

This isn't to imply that I myself want the rest of the cast to be kept out, I like involvement from everyone as much as the next guy. But fighting Freeza's army again is literally the most I can see them doing.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:50 pm

So I guess Toriyama will never show us Beerus battle damaged with someone right? I really expected Broly giving him a good beating on this movie
The manga was always "canon" man, without it, none of the animated stuff we know would have existed lol
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Doctor.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:

Anyway, for those wanting the rest of the cast to be featured, let's be real: they'd all get crushed by Broly. The most they could realistically do is fight Freeza's army again (which wouldn't be anything new, I get it). If y'all aren't satisfied with that, then tell me, what would you want from the rest of the cast that isn't Goku or Vegeta? Slice of life? Cheering Goku and Vegeta on? Because I can't think of anything else.
I agree with you. This movie is all about Goku, Vegeta and Broly, Freezer and the Saiyans, the others aren't important.

And could Gohan do anything vs Jiren? no, absolutely nothing. It will be stupid to bring him back and let him get wrecked like a piece of shit once again.
Last edited by BrolyKale on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:52 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
I will be disappointed if Beerus strength gets retconned again and he takes care of Broly .
Considering he can fight Goku at SSB with just his Golden Eye form, if Full Power Broly is even just on par with Jiren at his strongest, he has no reason to fear him.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:53 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:

I agree with you. This movie is all about Goku, Vegeta and Broly, Freezer and the Saiyans, the others aren't important.

And could Gohan do anything vs Jiren? no, absolutely nothing. It will be stupid to bring him back and let him get wrecked like a piece of shit once again.
I edited my comment:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:This isn't to imply that I myself want the rest of the cast to be kept out, I like involvement from everyone as much as the next guy. But fighting Freeza's army again is literally the most I can see them doing.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Ultra Instinct has to be in this. Goku looks like he's getting dominated at the end of the trailer and he was in Blue. The final battle will more than likely be UI Goku vs Full Power Broly.

Speaking of that last fight, it was giving me some major One Piece Film Z vibes. The final fight between Luffy vs Z took place in a similar setting. I guess Nagamine just loves big climactic fights near volcanoes?
Goku has the battle damage and everything ready for UI! I'll be severely disappointed if it doesn't happen.

But shit me Broly looked terrifying at the end!

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Considering he can fight Goku at SSB with just his Golden Eye form, if Full Power Broly is even just on par with Jiren at his strongest, he has no reason to fear him.

Like Beerus is stronger than Jiren, right? lol

by Doctor.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Considering he can fight Goku at SSB with just his Golden Eye form, if Full Power Broly is even just on par with Jiren at his strongest, he has no reason to fear him.
I want Broly to kill Beerus for telling/allowng Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta