Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:32 pm

I'm still scared it is going to be too close to the story of M8.(AKA no story.)

But it is promising that Broly charges Vegeta in the trailer. Maybe we get something along the lines that he hates Vegeta for his dad trying to kill him and not the "KAKAROT" BS we had before.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:32 pm

GTx10 wrote:Leave SunSetShiner alone. If he doesn't dig the trailer or certain things then what's it to you? Let's not be blind here, that shot of Son Goku walking towards the camera looks bad. He looks like Luffy, that and when Goku is eating food the movie looks like the Digimon Movie visually. Not a bad thing per say but jarring to say the least.
Also are we sure Yamamuro isn't here because those angry Goku and Vegeta faces look like Movie 8 and that is great! Actually the film really reminds me of the Digimon Movie, I am okay with that.
Christ, lmao. That's it. I'm done.
Feels over Reals.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:34 pm

PFM18 wrote:I'm still scared it is going to be too close to the story of M8.(AKA no story.)

But it is promising that Broly charges Vegeta in the trailer. Maybe we get something along the lines that he hates Vegeta for his dad trying to kill him and not the "KAKAROT" BS we had before.
He could just be Achondroplasiaphobic or a hightist, you never know.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote: I mean I actually like GT and it's completely fine if they do too but I don't think I've seen one of their posts thats not crapping on Super, praising GT, or both, and it's getting old. And people get mad at SupremeKai25 or only talking about the Zamasu Arc. :crazy:
Did you just compare me to THAT person? Come on.
I watched all series. I can have my opinion and i can give you arguments why i like one thing and don't like the other.
You don't have to agree with them of course. But i have every right to share my opinion and honestly the only fanboys right now are people who get triggered because i didn't like this trailer. No one has ever said it's "Praise DBS movie" topic. I didn't even mention GT here. You are the ones who brought it.
But please, don't compare me to people who pretend they have opinion. That's not fair.
I tend to totally disagree with your posts, but trust me, I understand how annoying it is when you have a negative opinion about something and people on the opposite end of that opinion get so defensive that they resort to false assumptions, false equivalences or just plain ad hominem attacks. It's very frustrating to deal with.

But hey, harsh criticisms always elicit harsh responses. It's too bad some can't stay at tackling the argument rather than attacking the person themselves. This is a fictional series for crying out loud, it's not American politics.

That being said, I love the art and animation direction all the way, though I admittedly don't have any expectations for the film from a narrative standpoint.
Last edited by TheShadowEmperor8055 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 pm

God, there's so much eye candy in this trailer. It's so great. Even that CG shot of SSB Goku and Broly rushing each other looks good.

Is this Bra in Bulma's lap? Whatever it is, it's always obscured by the food on the table, but it's the same color as Bulma's hair and seems like it might have a hairband and/or pigtails.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The animation team really loves that blue/purple glow effect. It is all over this trailer. :lol:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 pm

What’s pissing me off is that we get an animated sequence of DBMinus Bardock which basically strips him of all his badassery and only leaves a saiyan that happens to be one of the only non-savage ones and is good and also happens to be Goku’s father.

Meanwhile, nothing suggests that we’ll get any scenes of the sadala civil war of SSJ Yamoshi and the goods saiyans vs the evil saiyans. That sucks like hell.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 pm

ShaggyBlanco wrote:Yeah, I think we're finally getting Minus animated
NOOOOOOOOO!
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:38 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOO!
Hey hey, we are not sure yet.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:38 pm

GTx10 wrote:Leave SunSetShiner alone. If he doesn't dig the trailer or certain things then what's it to you? Let's not be blind here, that shot of Son Goku walking towards the camera looks bad. He looks like Luffy, that and when Goku is eating food the movie looks like the Digimon Movie visually. Not a bad thing per say but jarring to say the least.
Also are we sure Yamamuro isn't here because those angry Goku and Vegeta faces look like Movie 8 and that is great! Actually the film really reminds me of the Digimon Movie, I am okay with that.

There's a difference between criticizing something and going "lol this looks so bad I can't believe people like this lmao" multiple times a day about the same thing. Personally, while the trailer has warmed me up to it a little bit, I like Super's animation a lot better than the movie, but you dont see me going on about it constantly.

I'm sure I would have a lot of people getting annoyed by me if I went "Gohan vs Cell was a terrible fight just like the end of the Cell Arc as a whole but so many people like it anyway lol" every day.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Damn, that was an enjoyable trailer.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Lol at me disliking GT, I've said at least 15 times since I've been here that I like GT, so take your own advice of reading posts. Also, I'm not triggered, I'm just wondering why you're here. If anybody is "triggered", well, you're the one who wrote a paragraph and is trying to put words in my mouth. The fact you come here multiple times day to say "Super sucks k bye" doesnt exactly help your case.
Ok, sorry then. Why am i here? Maybe because DBS movie trailer was released and i wanted to watch it and say what i think about it?
I didn't come here randomly to say "Super sucks" so don't say i do things like that. I never did that. It's just stupid.

I am not triggered. People who responded to my opinion are. Because no one asked "Why do you think it's awful". I got only some posts calling me "troll" or "GT fanboy" (where did i mention GT again?).

Let me ask, be honest, if I kept talking about DBZ only would you or anyone call me "DBZ fanboy"? I doubt that.

Also, coming here multiple times per day to hate Super isn't any different than coming multiple times per day and praising DBS.
Both are just sharing opinion. If you want to know why i think what i think just ask. Or ignore me. I won't be mad.

Also:
Nobody has ever said that you can't have your opinion, but I see constant posts of "(insert Super Arc here) was so terrible that even the Super 17 Arc was better" or something along those lines. Constantly.
Does it sound like "Super 17 arc is awesome" to you? Nah.
Last edited by sunsetshimmer on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:40 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOO!
YEEEEEEEESSSSS!
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:40 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:What’s pissing me off is that we get an animated sequence of DBMinus Bardock which basically strips him of all his badassery and only leaves a saiyan that happens to be one of the only non-savage ones and is good and also happens to be Goku’s father.

Meanwhile, nothing suggests that we’ll get any scenes of the sadala civil war of SSJ Yamoshi and the goods saiyans vs the evil saiyans. That sucks like hell.
Bardock was conquering a planet when Frieza called them back. Caring about his family doesn't mean he wasn't a savage.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOO!
I don't understand why people are complaining about this. We already knew that Minus is canon, part of the main timeline, Toriyama's vision, or whatever. So, it being animated doesn't change anything.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
King Jacku wrote:
How about versing a powered up Paragus? It'd be kinda interesting to see Paragus fight for once and to differentiate him from the original one. Or how about Broly's soldiers? I'm assuming they're Saiyans, so it'd be pretty easy to make them strong. I also wouldn't mind them versing the Freeza force again. It's better than nothing. You could just say Freeza trained his goons this time.

IMO, there were ways to easily include the Z fighters into this. It just depended if they wanted to or not.
Now THAT is an interesting idea! :thumbup:

Really, I've seen several people already complain about the rest of the cast not being there (which is a totally valid complaint - I understand, agree with it and I get it), but then not really offer what they would like to see specifically after that so it just seems like listening to a broken record. :/
Yeah, I hear you. These things still might happen in the movie though ( I doubt it lol ), so for now I'll just wait and see, I guess.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm

No Bardock, no Gine, no King Vegeta, no young Nappa, no kid Raditz, no kid Vegeta, no sign of Yamoshi stuff and no sign of Saiyans and Tsufurujin stuff... C'mon, "main series", I really want to love you again, why don't you let me!? You have given fan service for everyone, so please, give me just a little bit, a tiny bit, I'm not asking too much, give something for me to get interested. Oh well... :|
sintzu wrote:If that trailer doesn't say epic then I don't know what does.
A trailer showing at least one of the things I mentioned above, too bad it wasn't the case...
Last edited by Grimlock on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm

It looks pretty. Probably the prettiest DB has ever been.

So......I guess I’ll watch it for the splosions and the KAKOROTTO!!!!!!

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm

PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:44 pm

Helios518 wrote:I don't understand why people are complaining about this. We already knew that Minus is canon, part of the main timeline, Toriyama's vision, or whatever. So, it being animated doesn't change anything.
To avoid repeating myself
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:44 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote: I mean I actually like GT and it's completely fine if they do too but I don't think I've seen one of their posts thats not crapping on Super, praising GT, or both, and it's getting old. And people get mad at SupremeKai25 or only talking about the Zamasu Arc. :crazy:
Did you just compare me to THAT person? Come on.
I watched all series. I can have my opinion and i can give you arguments why i like one thing and don't like the other.
You don't have to agree with them of course. But i have every right to share my opinion and honestly the only fanboys right now are people who get triggered because i didn't like this trailer. No one has ever said it's "Praise DBS movie" topic. I didn't even mention GT here. You are the ones who brought it.
But please, don't compare me to people who pretend they have opinion. That's not fair.
I tend to totally disagree with your posts, but trust me, I understand how annoying it is when you have a negative opinion about something and people on the opposite end of that opinion get so defensive that they resort to false assumptions, false equivalences or just plain ad hominem attacks. It's very frustrating to deal with.

But hey, harsh criticisms always elicit harsh responses. It's too bad some can't stay at tackling the argument rather than attacking the person themselves. This is a fictional series for crying out loud, it's not American politics.

That being said, I love the art and animation direction all the way, though I admittedly don't have any expectations for the film from a narrative standpoint.

Since when have I attacked Sunsetshimmer as a person? I asked her if she was just here to crap on Super and she responded by attacking me, saying I was "triggered" and saying I didn't read the post. I responded by calling out the hypocracy in that statement and compared her method of posting to SupremeKai25 and they got offended and attacked me again by calling me a fanboy. So who exactly is the one attacking who?

In that part part yeah, if it's a M8 ripoff that's going to destroy much of my enjoyment of the film.