Is Super Saiyan Blue 2 possible?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Is Super Saiyan Blue 2 possible?

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Now, for the longest time, I've thought that Super Saiyan Blue Evolution was the SSB version of Super Saiyan 2. But then, the last Dragon Ball Super blu ray came out and pretty much debunked that theory, stating that it's actually the SSB version of Super Saiyan Grade 2. But I think to myself, "Is Super Saiyan Blue 2 even possible?"
So that's why I wanna ask you guys. Do you think Super Saiyan Blue 2 is possible?
Caulifla best girl! :)

sintzu
Banned

Re: Is Super Saiyan Blue 2 possible?

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Now, for the longest time, I've thought that Super Saiyan Blue Evolution was the SSB version of Super Saiyan 2. But then, the last Dragon Ball Super blu ray came out and pretty much debunked that theory, stating that it's actually the SSB version of Super Saiyan Grade 2. But I think to myself, "Is Super Saiyan Blue 2 even possible?"
So that's why I wanna ask you guys. Do you think Super Saiyan Blue 2 is possible?
If SsjB can have a grade 2 then theoretically it could have a Ssj2 and possibly 3 but I think the days of those forms, including evolution Blue are long gone. I think starting with Broly's movie we're only going to get Ssj1, SsjG (being the new ssj2) and SsjB (being the new Ssj3). Doing things like that will make writing easier for everyone and fans will be able to better follow things as there won't be all those forms and branches to remember. UI could be an unofficial Ssj"4".

So far we've got :

Ssj1
Ssj1 grade 2
Ssj1 grade 3
Ssj2
Ssj2 "rage"
Ssj3
SsjG
SsjB
SsjB Evolution
UI

That's TEN forms which don't even count exclusive forms like Goku's Blu Kaioken, Broly's Legendary form and Black's Rose. Bringing things down to 3-4 forms is a an overdue welcome that should've been done awhile ago. Yellow, Red and Blue, simple and to the point.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:55 pm

I'm sure it is.

If there comes an opponent that is too powerful for SSJBE, you can bet they'll reach new heights and get SSJB2.

After all it's just SSJ infused with God Ki, they have 2 more SSJ forms to infuse it with when the time comes in the story.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Now, for the longest time, I've thought that Super Saiyan Blue Evolution was the SSB version of Super Saiyan 2. But then, the last Dragon Ball Super blu ray came out and pretty much debunked that theory, stating that it's actually the SSB version of Super Saiyan Grade 2. But I think to myself, "Is Super Saiyan Blue 2 even possible?"
No that is what it was going to be. It ultimately was not like Ascended SSJ. He evolved Super Saiyan Blue that's all it is.

Monna

Post by Monna » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:18 pm

SSJBE should just be considered SSJB2. Or SSJGSSJ2.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:34 pm

It probably is possible, its unnecessary though; SSJBE & SSJB Kaio-ken x20 greatly overpower even a hypothetical SSJB3. The real question is are SSJBE2 & SSJBE3 possible? Vegeta could likely overpower even UI Goku if such transformations do exist.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:. But then, the last Dragon Ball Super blu ray came out and pretty much debunked that theory, stating that it's actually the SSB version of Super Saiyan Grade 2
Wait, where?

That said: in theory, it might be possible. But all transformations beyond base SS are less efficient, which kinds of defeats the point of Blue

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:08 am

ankokudaishogun wrote: Wait, where?
It's from the latest setting art book.

I also noticed some heavy misinformation going around that the image of Vegeta is concept art. Spoiler alert: it isn't. These are pamphlets that showcase production materials referenced by the animators, meaning that they're all final designs.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:09 am

I think ssjblue 2 is basically ssjbE.

AhmadHendie

Post by AhmadHendie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:I think ssjblue 2 is basically ssjbE.
If that's the case, SSBE would be would be the equivalent of SSBKKX2. Or 10 times weaker than full power SSBKKX20

It might be the case that against jiren(when fighting alongside vegeta) goku was only using x2 so they looked equal.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
That image only states the form name is Super Saiyan Blue Evolution.
The scribble on the eye detail is unreadable.

So... source for Evolution being Blue Grade 2?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:21 pm

AhmadHendie wrote:
If that's the case, SSBE would be would be the equivalent of SSBKKX2. Or 10 times weaker than full power SSBKKX20

It might be the case that against jiren(when fighting alongside vegeta) goku was only using x2 so they looked equal.
Given Goku goes straight to Kaiohken x10, I'd make a case that Kaiohken multiplies have diminishing returns, at least while used with Blue.
Hell, IMHO even base Blue Kaiohken doesn't doubles Goku's power.

Because, yeah, no way Hit was more than 10 times stronger than Goku.

AhmadHendie

Post by AhmadHendie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:31 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
AhmadHendie wrote:

Given Goku goes straight to Kaiohken x10, I'd make a case that Kaiohken multiplies have diminishing returns, at least while used with Blue.
Hell, IMHO even base Blue Kaiohken doesn't doubles Goku's power.

Because, yeah, no way Hit was more than 10 times stronger than Goku.
SSBKK should have never been introduced. Or If introduced it should have been capped at X2~5 with a HEAVY physical toll.

what's the point of having kaioken times 20 that feels like a slightly stronger version of blue ?

DBS anime staff don't know how to write proper scaling . The manga is doing a much better job in the scaling department.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:44 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: So... source for Evolution being Blue Grade 2?
None. That part is total speculation; I'm just providing the source for where people got the idea.

Like I said, loads of misinformation.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:04 am

tecnically speaking yes, i guess (?) but anyway it would be useless for both Goku and vegeta at this point, their max power far exceeds a x2 ssb as it is now

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:19 am

AhmadHendie wrote:If that's the case, SSBE would be would be the equivalent of SSBKKX2. Or 10 times weaker than full power SSBKKX20

Why would Goku use anything less than his full power knowing how strong Jiren was ? Beerus said Goku was using his full power when he and Vegeta powered up so it must've been Kaioken20 or otherwise he wouldn't have said that. The production staff also wouldn't waste their time giving Vegeta something less than Goku's full power as the whole point of making that form up was to push Vegeta up to Goku's level.

The episode was also called Full power, Goku and Vegeta.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:29 pm

The only problem is that Grade 2 is considered to be 1,5-2x stronger than regular SSj, while SSjBE was more than 20x stronger than SSjB. One could argue it was something like 50x, even. I don't think this is a route they'll go down.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:15 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:
That image only states the form name is Super Saiyan Blue Evolution.
self-CORRECTION!!

The image calls the form "Super Saiyan Blue Reinforced", no "Evolution".

Which is fine: while the design are final, often the names are not. It would explain Kale's "Super Saiyan(Berserk)" when every other media calls it only "Berserk"

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:18 pm

I don't really like to take into consideration intermediate/imperfect forms lol

SSJ1
SSJ2
SSJ3
SSJG
SSJB
UI

But UI is on a complete other level with a similar gap than the normal SSJ forms vs God forms, so even if there is SSJB2 would that be stronger than UI is what that question makes me wonder about lol

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:13 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Which is fine: while the design are final, often the names are not. It would explain Kale's "Super Saiyan(Berserk)" when every other media calls it only "Berserk"
They're more than likely both official, since the "Blue Strengthened" text is organized specifically for the pamphlet. It wouldn't be anywhere close to the first time a form had different names in different media.