"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:09 pm

ZeroDio wrote:New Broly stuff should be saved for XV3
There's no way they're going to wait that long to cash in on the movie. I don't think Extra Pack 3 will have Broly (Super) included, but Extra Pack 4 will probably release shortly before the movie. I have little doubt Broly (Super) will be in Extra Pack 4.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:44 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:New Broly stuff should be saved for XV3
There's no way they're going to wait that long to cash in on the movie. I don't think Extra Pack 3 will have Broly (Super) included, but Extra Pack 4 will probably release shortly before the movie. I have little doubt Broly (Super) will be in Extra Pack 4.
Broly and possibly Paragus if he's a fighter in the movie.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:15 pm

I think it's pretty likely we get a DLC for the new movie. If Broly is the only new fighter and Gogeta doesn't show up it'll be interesting to see what characters we get.
Maybe a regular Broly that has base and the first two transformations and then a Full Power Broly as a separate character.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Pretty sure January/December DLC will be SSB Gogeta and either LSS Broly from the new movie or the yellow-eyed form.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:Pretty sure January/December DLC will be SSB Gogeta and either LSS Broly from the new movie or the yellow-eyed form.
Assuming Blue Gogeta is even a thing.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:20 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Assuming Blue Gogeta is even a thing.
Well, even if Gogeta Blue isn't in the movie, that doesn't necessarily rule him out for the DLC. After all, we did get Super Saiyan 3 Bardock, so they're not limiting themselves strictly to canon. I think it could happen if they think there is enough demand for it.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:25 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Assuming Blue Gogeta is even a thing.
Well, even if Gogeta Blue isn't in the movie, that doesn't necessarily rule him out for the DLC. After all, we did get Super Saiyan 3 Bardock, so they're not limiting themselves strictly to canon. I think it could happen if they think there is enough demand for it.
I doubt they're going to start handing out what-if Blue forms, they've stayed away from that and regular God. The closest we've gotten is Blue for CaCs in XV2 and Avatars from Heroes as well as God for those same Avatars.
Besides, if they are doing a movie DLC I'm sure they'll want to focus the content on stuff that's actually in the movie.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:38 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I doubt they're going to start handing out what-if Blue forms, they've stayed away from that and regular God. The closest we've gotten is Blue for CaCs in XV2 and Avatars from Heroes as well as God for those same Avatars.
Besides, if they are doing a movie DLC I'm sure they'll want to focus the content on stuff that's actually in the movie.
The thing is, I doubt the DLC's story is going to be based on the movie's plot. Look at what they did during the Tournament of Power. We got Ultra Instict Goku and Jiren, but they barely factored into the story at all. We also got Tapion and Super Buu (Gohan Absorbed), who had nothing to do with the arc. I think these next two DLCs will be a similar situation. Broly and maybe one other new character from the movie will be included, but they'll be mixed with some other unrelated things. Maybe the story will even pit Kefla against Broly (Super) and Baby Vegeta.

Speaking of God, though, Super Saiyan God Vegeta is a new form officially announced for the movie. I think it's fairly likely it will be in Extra Pack 4. That or Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution Vegeta, which I think is more likely due to it being a more powerful (and therefore more appealing) transformation.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:39 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Besides, if they are doing a movie DLC I'm sure they'll want to focus the content on stuff that's actually in the movie.
Maybe we'll get New Characters A and B?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:58 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Besides, if they are doing a movie DLC I'm sure they'll want to focus the content on stuff that's actually in the movie.
Maybe we'll get New Characters A and B?
Very likely. Espicially if those characters really are more important than Vegeta. I expect Base Broly and/or yellow-eyed Broly with an SSBerserk transformation, Character A (which i think is Gogeta Blue), Character B (hopefully an unannounced character like Yamoshi), and either Paragus, Cheelai, or Gine just to make 4 characters. And we’ll get either a map of Planet Vegeta or the ice-lands. The Free Update would give Bardock a DBMinus preset and maybe give Goku, Vegeta, and maybe Freeza a new preset. Heckm Goku and Vegeta might need 2 new presets, or of them being with their winter coats and another accounting for their new moves and clothing like Vegeta using SSGod and Goku being in Blue while his shirt is ripped. This is why i say they should wait until XV3. That way we can get more content instead of just the certain amount that can go into a DLC.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:17 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:Super Saiyan God Vegeta is a new form officially announced for the movie. I think it's fairly likely it will be in Extra Pack 4.
I kind of forgot about that. Him and Broly would be a good selection for the set. I think Red is more likely than evolution Blue as it can be a new character while evolution Blue can just be added in as a transformation for his SsjB slot like Goku being able to power up to kaioken.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:20 am

sintzu wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:Super Saiyan God Vegeta is a new form officially announced for the movie. I think it's fairly likely it will be in Extra Pack 4.
I kind of forgot about that. Him and Broly would be a good selection for the set. I think Red is more likely than evolution Blue as it can be a new character while evolution Blue can just be added in as a transformation for his SsjB slot like Goku being able to power up to kaioken.
I just hope his god mode displays one new attack in the movie, otherwise he might as well be a reskin

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:43 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I doubt they're going to start handing out what-if Blue forms, they've stayed away from that and regular God. The closest we've gotten is Blue for CaCs in XV2 and Avatars from Heroes as well as God for those same Avatars.
The thing is, I doubt the DLC's story is going to be based on the movie's plot. Look at what they did during the Tournament of Power. We got Ultra Instict Goku and Jiren, but they barely factored into the story at all. We also got Tapion and Super Buu (Gohan Absorbed), who had nothing to do with the arc. I think these next two DLCs will be a similar situation. Broly and maybe one other new character from the movie will be included, but they'll be mixed with some other unrelated things. Maybe the story will even pit Kefla against Broly (Super) and Baby Vegeta.

Speaking of God, though, Super Saiyan God Vegeta is a new form officially announced for the movie. I think it's fairly likely it will be in Extra Pack 4. That or Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution Vegeta, which I think is more likely due to it being a more powerful (and therefore more appealing) transformation.
Nothing from the movie should go into Extra Pack 4. The T.o.P is so big that they need at least 2 extra packs to get in all the essential characters. Those being Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Caulifla, Kale, Kafla, Ribrianne, Master Roshi, SSBEvolution Vegeta, and Ranger 17. We already have 17, Kafla, and Jiren covered although we need a new Jiren character thats shirtless or a new Jiren preset that’s shirtless and have some of his other attacks. That leaves 8 more characters. Master Roshi can be saved for XV3 along with other db characters. SSSBE Vegeta can, sadly, be reduced to just a new preset. That leaves 5 characters.

Might as well save the Broly movie for XV3.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:55 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:

Nothing from the movie should go into Extra Pack 4. The T.o.P is so big that they need at least 2 extra packs to get in all the essential characters. Those being Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Caulifla, Kale, Kafla, Ribrianne, Master Roshi, SSBEvolution Vegeta, and Ranger 17. We already have 17, Kafla, and Jiren covered although we need a new Jiren character thats shirtless or a new Jiren preset that’s shirtless and have some of his other attacks. That leaves 8 more characters. Master Roshi can be saved for XV3 along with other db characters. SSSBE Vegeta can, sadly, be reduced to just a new preset. That leaves 5 characters.

I honestly don't consider Dyspo, Ribrianne, or hell, the Saiyan girls and SSB Evolution Vegeta essential. I (and frankly many others) would much rather get the M20 movie characters as they come before focusing on those. SSB Evolution Vegeta would look pretty much exactly the same almost in Xenoverse anyhow. While I'd like Toppo and think his GoD form is amazing too, I don't mind at all waiting for him as we get what's PROBABLY going to be SSB Gogeta and M20 Broly.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:03 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:

I honestly don't consider Dyspo, Ribrianne, or hell, the Saiyan girls and SSB Evolution Vegeta essential. I (and frankly many others) would much rather get the M20 movie characters as they come before focusing on those. SSB Evolution Vegeta would look pretty much exactly the same almost in Xenoverse anyhow. While I'd like Toppo and think his GoD form is amazing too, I don't mind at all waiting for him as we get what's PROBABLY going to be SSB Gogeta and M20 Broly.
I feel like its better to get all the content from one thing than have bits and pieces of content from one thing and bit and pieces from another thing.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:28 pm

5 hours till the Japanese stream, but the stream is 2 and a half hours long since it's also a tournament, so we might not get the news till later.
I'm still betting on an announcement of a Tuesday release for the new XV2 DLC.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:25 am

Well poo, it looks like they're starting the stream with the FighterZ tournament after all. I was hoping to see the news segment before work.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:10 am

Predictions:
Gameplay
Netcode Fix Details
Confirmation of whether there's more characters/packs
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarot » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:36 am

The game has officially sold over 10 million copies! Image

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:47 am

Kakarot wrote:The game has officially sold over 10 million copies!
Xenoverse 2 or just them all together?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017