Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:32 pm

Grimlock wrote:
ABED wrote:I think most people prefer to not rehash stuff over and over. It loses its potency over time.
Since the moment Broly was confirmed all I saw was pretty much "excitement, joy, booyah, hooray, boom shaka-laka" everywhere. If that was the case, I'm pretty sure I would see more people sharing my opinion, but this is not something I find everyday.

Hell, I was called "killjoy", "you want attention" and etc when I voiced my dislike about the new movie. That shows how excited people are in general.
I don't know what you are talking about. Everyone I saw hated the idea of Broly coming back including myself until I saw AT's interview

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:07 pm

It doesn't happen immediately, hence "over time", and even DB had to take a long break after 10 years of continuous publication and airing on TV. Broly's initial run fizzled out by the third movie.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:48 pm

1. Z Episode 288/Kai Episode 165, despite being filler, is one of my favorite episodes, and is a far better conclusion to DBZ/Kai than the actual ending with Uub.
2. Super Episodes 130/131 are the best episodes of anything Dragon Ball related.
3. Resurrection ‘F’ gets far too much hate, and is actually a decent film.
4. GT episode 64 is a phenomenal way to end the series, and is in my top 5 Dragon Ball episodes.
5. Animation(or lack of it) aside, Super Dragon Ball hero’s has to potential to be a great series.
6. Sumitomo > Yamamoto > Tokunaga > Kikuchi.
7. The Soundtrack for Kai TFC is underrated and is actually pretty good.
8. The Tournament of Destroyers arc is probally the most boring and mediocre arc in all of Dragon Ball.
9. Goku SSJ Blue Kio Ken vs Hit is extremely overrated.
10. Berrus and Whis are overrated.
11. Episode 95 of Z/Episode 47 of Kai, while decent enough, is extremely overrated.
12. Kai, despite some sloppy editing here and there, is a far better way to experience “DBZ” than the original anime.

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:44 pm

DHM211 wrote:1. Z Episode 288/Kai Episode 165, despite being filler, is one of my favorite episodes, and is a far better conclusion to DBZ/Kai than the actual ending with Uub.
I agree with this 100%! Honestly, I usually stop the series here. I don’t hate the remaining episodes but I don’t think they wrapped things up well. I much prefer it to end on a slice-of-life “they’ll probably have more adventures but here’s the characters we love all back together again” vibe.
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:34 am

-the mark Menza GT opening &general the Dub Version destroyed GT‘s Image more than many people thought

-DBS is the best action&fighting Show but at the same time the most meaningless show in the franchise

- to fit DBS in the 10 years of peace is one of the biggest mistakes ever

-the SSB Transformation is the most boring transformation ever

-Baby is the best villain in the franchise

-Goku Black/Zamasu are better than any DBZ Villians

-Episode 35(DBGT) is the best episode i have ever seen

-Pan&Goku are one of the best Duos in the franchise

-DBGT has the best character designs imo

-Jiren is overrated&boring
GT Fighter

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:50 am

GT_Goten10 wrote:to fit DBS in the 10 years of peace is one of the biggest mistakes ever

-the SSB Transformation is the most boring transformation ever

-Jiren is overrated&boring
I don't think these are unpopular as you think.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:34 am

*Zamasu's saga was placed inappropriately. It also should have been longer. At least 30 episodes. Which is funny because it is considered to have 30 episodes but the last 30 have nothing to do with him or Trunks except for the time machine episode in an indirect way.
*Dragon Ball GT was a lot more needed than Super was as it gave Dragon Ball an ending instead of a guy flying away with his student just because "it fits so much for Goku"; GT also has him flying away but there are a lot more things to it that don't give that "that's it?" feeling.
*Dragon Ball Z - Dragon Ball vol. 17-42 - is the worst part of all Dragon Ball.
*Goku and Vegeta are the Original True Pairing and its not like the show makes a secret out of it. And now even Freeza wants to be Goku's mistress.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:43 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Ripper 30 wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote: Yeah, from what I've seen of the Super dub, he does sometimes feel kinda forced as Vegeta. He's a much better actor when he's not altering his voice. Just acting naturally made his Zoro, All Might, Kai Piccolo and Armstrong sound great. Doing a goofy voice for Kuwabara, on the other hand, not so much. Just ugh. And I came across a clip of the Attack on Titan Season 2 dub where he played a moustached guy. He sounded more like a caricature than a character. And when it comes to Yamcha, he just overplays the loser aspect of the character.

I think that's the problem with multiple Dub voices of FUNimation when it comes to their Dragon Ball voices. they overplay one aspects of their character and largely ignore the other. that's why i have always preferred Fat Boo voice in Japanese because Josh Martin overplayed Boo's Childish side and made it his only trait and its so annoying to listen to the voice he makes along with the screwed up Third person Tone. Same For Kaio, Kame Sen'nin, etc.

I don't understand how many people can tolerate that grating voice.
actually majority prefers it over sub voice and i don't know why, they just say "it fits Boo's childish side".
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:28 am

-Goku Black is the worst thing in Zamasu saga and entire arc would be a lot better without him
-SSJ Blue doesn't fit Goku at all
-SSJ God doesn't fit Vegeta at all
-Instead of SSJ God and SSJ Blue there should be just one SSJ God form, red haired for Goku and blue haired for Vegeta
-UI Omen looked a lot better than actual UI
-SSJ Rage and SSJBE are the worst forms in franchise and skipping them in manga makes it better (i mean we didn't get to SSJBE yet but seeing how even UI Omen is absent i highly doubt SSJBE will make it to the manga)
-DBS/GT Gohan is better than DBZ Gohan pre-Buu saga
-Gohan and Videl are the most developed characters in Super and the only ones that had noticable change since Z in both appearance and personality.
-DBS Videl is cool character despite not being what actual Videl is and should be (her EoZ/GT versions). Bad Videl, but good character on her own.
-Videl is my favourite DBS character
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:34 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:-Goku Black is the worst thing in Zamasu saga and entire arc would be a lot better without him
-SSJ Blue doesn't fit Goku at all
-Instead of SSJ God and SSJ Blue there should be just one SSJ God form, red haired for Goku and blue haired for Vegeta
-SSJ Rage and SSJBE are the worst forms in franchise andskipping them in manga makes it better (i mean we didn't get to SSJBE yet but seeing how even UI Omen is absent i highly doubt SSJBE will make it to the manga)
-Gohan and Videl are the most developed characters in Super and the only ones that had noticable change since Z in both appearance and personality.
-DBS Videl is cool character despite not being what actual Videl is and should be (her EoZ/GT versions). Bad Videl, but good character on her own.
-Videl is my favourite DBS character
SSJ Rage and SSJBE are the worst forms in franchise
I agree sometimes I even forget that they exist
GT Fighter

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Ripper 30 wrote:In the Saiyan arc part of Kai Dub, Sabat's Vegeta was a lot like his Remastered Dub one in terms of raspiness (just a little) but in Namek it was much more smoother.
I don't recall him sounding like his Remastered take in the Kai Saiyan saga.

I feel Troy Baker, John Gremillion and Chris Patton would have done better jobs as Vegeta. His Piccolo I could take or leave; Travis Willingham would have been an excellent choice while Yamcha, probably Jason Liebrecht or Kyle Hebert.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:53 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote: -I think DragonBall Z is bit overrated
-Super Saiyan 3 is the most useless Form
-I like the Ribrianne
I definitely agreed with this.
Robo4900 wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:-I think Friezer is the most overrated Villian
-I think DragonBall Z is bit overrated
-Super Saiyan 3 is the most useless Form
-TOP is one of the most boring Arcs in DB
-I like Vegetas moustache in DBGT
-I like the Ribrianne&the para para Brothers
Agreed on all counts.
I always Enjoy Reading Posts about Fans that said they Like either Ribrianne/Brianne or anyone from Universe 2, its nice to know who those character had an impact on and that it was positive! :thumbup: :)

gfdsfdsags
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:56 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:-SSJ Blue doesn't fit Goku at all
-SSJ Rage and SSJBE are the worst forms in franchise
I heavily agree, especially at SSJ Rage, that form is just nasty.
B-but Namek Saga Gohan is best Gohan, how could you!?
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:09 am

I find GT better then Supers manga and anime
Z is better the. Super is every positive category I can think of
OG English dub is way way better then Kai dub
SUPER 17 was an cool character
Goku black and zamsu are underrated in the manga and astronomically overrated in the anime
I consider some of db multiverse ideas to be better then the show (IE gokus mom)
I think multiverse is better then GT, super manga and super anime
I like ssj4 gogeta much more the. Ssj gogeta
Ssj4 is the best transformation in dragon ball history
I liked absolutely no one in the dbs anime and cared little about anyone of them whil I enjoyed characters like Kale, hit, goku while also finding goku black and merged zamsu interesting in the manga
Dragon ball is overrated

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:34 am

1345521 wrote:I find GT better then Supers manga and anime
Goku black and zamsu are underrated in the manga and astronomically overrated in the anime
I consider some of db multiverse ideas to be better then the show (IE gokus mom)
I liked absolutely no one in the dbs anime and cared little about anyone of them whil I enjoyed characters like Kale, hit, goku while also finding goku black and merged zamsu interesting in the manga
Dragon ball is overrated
Agreed on all counts except the multiverse>GT one
GT Fighter

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:49 am

-I try to enjoy/rewatch DBS but it just does not work

-Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is the best DB Game of all time

-the my Bulma scene in the anime is cringe (max level)

-Friezer has become a joke

-DBS Vegeta is the worst Vegeta in terms of character development

-DBS Gohan is the best Gohan
GT Fighter

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:32 am

I am glad they brought Broly back. And in a year people will thank Toei for it.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:39 am

Cetra wrote:I am glad they brought Broly back. And in a year people will thank Toei for it.
Technically they didn't bring him back, they bring a new one and I already thanked them for it lol

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:17 am

Grimlock wrote:
ABED wrote:I think most people prefer to not rehash stuff over and over. It loses its potency over time.
Since the moment Broly was confirmed all I saw was pretty much "excitement, joy, booyah, hooray, boom shaka-laka" everywhere. If that was the case, I'm pretty sure I would see more people sharing my opinion, but this is not something I find everyday.

Hell, I was called "killjoy", "you want attention" and etc when I voiced my dislike about the new movie. That shows how excited people are in general.
We are definitely in the minority.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:10 am

GT_Goten10 wrote:
1345521 wrote:I find GT better then Supers manga and anime
Dragon ball is overrated
Agreed on all counts except the multiverse>GT one
It debatable. The lore building from Z is done much better in multiverse but in terms of adding more memorable things to the franchise it is GT. I think multiverse is better, but the highs of GT easily exceed the highs of multiverse?

DBS GOHAN IS THE BEST GOHAN? Better be talking about dbs MANGA gohan, dbs anime gohan has like no persoanilitg and isn't cool. Like at all.