If Gogeta is in DBS: Broly

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Re: If Gogeta is in DBS: Broly

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:01 pm

Having Gogeta or UI defeat Broly would be a better alternative than redoing what the original Broly movie did. But if they do bring in Gogeta, I hope they make him appear in his base form first before transforming into SSB

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Maybe they'll fuse into Gogeta as a last resort but even that won't be enough. Then Goku is put under enough strain he manages to go Ultra Instinct again and defeats Broly with Vegeta's help.
Or maybe this will happen in reverse; Ultra Instinct isn't enough so they try fusion. Maybe Ultra Instinct Gogeta.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:48 pm

R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:Maybe they'll fuse into Gogeta as a last resort but even that won't be enough. Then Goku is put under enough strain he manages to go Ultra Instinct again and defeats Broly with Vegeta's help.
Or maybe this will happen in reverse; Ultra Instinct isn't enough so they try fusion. Maybe Ultra Instinct Gogeta.
It wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t actually defeat Broly at all.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:50 pm

I don't feel like they would bring in Fusion, even if Goku and Vegeta are about to lose and the Earth is destroyed. Their pride wouldn't allow them to fuse against an opponent unless they are also fused, it would feel unfair.

But if he IS in the movie, boy oh boy, my favorite fusion would finally be canon and my fanboy level would be MAXIMUM at the theatre. (Fusion Reborn Gogeta, not GT Gogeta)

But...the english theme for him wouldn't be in the movie and that honestly would suck a bit.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:42 pm

Logania wrote:I don't feel like they would bring in Fusion, even if Goku and Vegeta are about to lose and the Earth is destroyed. Their pride wouldn't allow them to fuse against an opponent unless they are also fused, it would feel unfair.
I don't think that's true at all. While you could argue that Super Buu having absorbed Gohan and the others counts as a sort of 'fusion' Goku was intent on fusing to beat him and managed to convince Vegeta. Vegeta's character had developed by Super and he was more easily willing to fuse against Zamasu. His bingo dance showed he was willing to sacrifice his pride to protect Earth, and if Goku was willing to use the Zeno button to defeat Zamasu, fusion is fair game.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:05 am

jplaya2023 wrote:the potarra retcon basically made dance fusion not needed anymore.
Except they don't carry the Potara Earrings everywhere they go.