What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:44 pm

Goku & co distancing themselves from the Gods has been a long time coming. I don't care whether they do it peacefully or they end up rebelling in some shape or fashion (the latter would probably be more interesting, but the former probably feels more in-line with how Dragon Ball is usually written), but I can't take these characters seriously as long as they keep associating with the Gods without remorse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:11 pm

I see them dipping their toes into concepts from Dragon Ball Online, Xenoverse, Heroes, GT and FighterZ, and putting that "Super" retool and unique spin on it.

Conceptual story arcs like the Evil Dragons, the Time Patrol, the Demon Realm and Prison Planet -- I wouldn't be surprised if Super took those ideas and run with them. Oh, and expect a Broly movie remake arc, too.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:14 pm

I say they reboot GT by making the other universes the "Grand Tour". Toei knows it will sell well, Toyble-san likes it, Toriyama-san does not mind.

Defeat Super Yi XIng Long with a Multiversal Genkidama that contains Genki from guys like Jiren, Kale, Broly and Hit. Halleluja.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Cetra wrote:I say they reboot GT by making the other universes the "Grand Tour". Toei knows it will sell well, Toyble-san likes it, Toriyama-san does not mind.

Defeat Super Yi XIng Long with a Multiversal Genkidama that contains Genki from guys like Jiren, Kale, Broly and Hit. Halleluja.
Why would you want them to reboot GT after they just Rebooted Broly? Don't you want original ideas?
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:57 pm

It's obviously going to be something with the universes that were exempt from the TOP, right? That and a Goku and Jiren rematch.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Cetra wrote:I say they reboot GT by making the other universes the "Grand Tour". Toei knows it will sell well, Toyble-san likes it, Toriyama-san does not mind.

Why would you want them to reboot GT after they just Rebooted Broly? Don't you want original ideas?
No, I don't. I want GT. That is all. Since vol. 42 everything I was unhappy with was how it ended and GT cured that for me. I don't need a Beerus, a Golden Freeza or a Buff Stereotype alien and for what its worth if not for Zamasu and Broly Dragon Ball Super would not need to exist as I really do not need any of the rest in my life - despite enjoying it. And with a GT reboot we would also have no problematic arguments about it as it would be reset. Also GT is the perfect opportunity to actually bring in those original ideas that you speak of because a super-space odyssey can be expanded with Baby, Super 17 and the Xing Long inbetween/at the end.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:16 pm

Cetra wrote:
Bergamo wrote:

No, I don't. I want GT. That is all. And with a GT reboot we would also have no problematic arguments about it as it would be reset. Also GT is the perfect opportunity to actually bring in those original ideas that you speak of because a super-space odyssey can be expanded with Baby, Super 17 and the Xing Long inbetween/at the end.
You can still watch GT any time you want. Don't let other people's negativity affect your enjoyment of a series. I think that rebooting old ideas ultimately isn't very beneficial. Broly fans had a field day when they could now say their favorite character is canon, but does that really justify a reboot?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Bergamo wrote: Why would you want them to reboot GT after they just Rebooted Broly? Don't you want original ideas?
No, I don't. I want GT. That is all. And with a GT reboot we would also have no problematic arguments about it as it would be reset. Also GT is the perfect opportunity to actually bring in those original ideas that you speak of because a super-space odyssey can be expanded with Baby, Super 17 and the Xing Long inbetween/at the end.
You can still watch GT any time you want. Don't let other people's negativity affect your enjoyment of a series. I think that rebooting old ideas ultimately isn't very beneficial. Broly fans had a field day when they could now say their favorite character is canon, but does that really justify a reboot?
I am a Broly fan as much as I am a GT fan. So a reboot for both is even more fitting for me. And I don't let others negativity affect that as I don't care about random strangers. It would still be fitting as it would bring everything into shape. Which would not even be necessary because, despite many not knowing, fiction does not need to be in proper shape. But it would be even less of a problem then. Also its tiresome to see the constant misusage of the word canon, let alone the fact that it is not an adjective but a noun.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Cetra wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
Cetra wrote:
I am a Broly fan as much as I am a GT fan. So a reboot for both is even more fitting for me. And I don't let others negativity affect that as I don't care about random strangers. It would still be fitting as it would bring everything into shape. Which would not even be necessary because, despite many not knowing, fiction does not need to be in proper shape. But it would be even less of a problem then. Also its tiresome to see the constant misusage of the word canon, let alone the fact that it is not an adjective but a noun.
I just personally would rather have new ideas rather than reinvented old ones, but I respect your opinion.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Bergamo wrote: You can still watch GT any time you want. Don't let other people's negativity affect your enjoyment of a series. I think that rebooting old ideas ultimately isn't very beneficial. Broly fans had a field day when they could now say their favorite character is canon, but does that really justify a reboot?
I just personally would rather have new ideas rather than reinvented old ones, but I respect your opinion.
There is no reason not to have both. What would be better than a GRAND TOUR for that?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Cetra wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
Cetra wrote:
There is no reason not to have both. What would be better than a GRAND TOUR for that?
If they did the Shadow Dragons, we could see Black Smoke Super Shenron and Syn/Omega Super Shenron. How would they defeat him? Multiversal Spirit Bomb. If you think that idea's stupid, I have even stupider ones.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:49 pm

Cetra wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
Cetra wrote:
I wouldn't hate the idea, and I'm really excited for the new Broly movie, but it didn't have to be Broly.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:38 pm

I see them rehashing ideas from older DB content i.e., movies, video games, past arcs, etc., so I don’t see anything remotely new coming our way, in which makes it hard to get excited for the future.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Bergamo wrote: I just personally would rather have new ideas rather than reinvented old ones, but I respect your opinion.
I wouldn't hate the idea, and I'm really excited for the new Broly movie, but it didn't have to be Broly.
IMO, doing a Grand Tour and taking and rebooting characters fromt GT is lazy. I want originality in modern dragon ball. I dont want them to start going crazy rebooting things left and right when we could just get an original story with cool original characters to better expand the dbverse.

I dont want a Grand Tour if it doesn’t have any real meaning. In GT, basically all they did is search for Dragon Balls. If we’re going through multiple universes i would want a better reason as to why. I need an interesting conflict to drive the story forward.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:06 pm

It would definetely be far more intresting to see more of these new Universes than more reboots. They just have created these new universes to give birth to dozens of fresh stories.
Now, we just had the Multiverse-battle so it's understandable why they zoomed back in to U7 for a moment. It would be nice after Broly (some of) those new worlds are further explored.

I wouldn't mind the search for Super Dragon Balls coming back in the series. In a sense, yes, in a sense it's classic Dragon Ball, like the fights are.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:13 pm

I would like to see:
    Planet Sadala arc
      Demon Realm
        Multiverse War arc.

Mister_Popo
        Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:08 pm

R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:
        Cetra wrote:
        Bergamo wrote: I just personally would rather have new ideas rather than reinvented old ones, but I respect your opinion.
        If they did the Shadow Dragons, we could see Black Smoke Super Shenron and Syn/Omega Super Shenron. How would they defeat him? Multiversal Spirit Bomb. If you think that idea's stupid, I have even stupider ones.
        Maybe it could be cool if they tied it somehow to a 'Zalama / Dragondimension-arc'.
        There is maybe less of a problem when rebooted elements are used (yes, for commercial reaons!) to attract people to an original story.
        When it's only about some characters ...

Lot's of fuzz going on with the new Broly-movie, but it could be more an original story with a Broly-element than a classic Broly-reboot.
        They just choose for Broly as 'an affiche'. At least that's what i'm hoping.
        Last edited by Mister_Popo on Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R. Daneel Olivaw
        Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:24 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
        Maybe it could be cool if they tied it somehow to a 'Zalama / Dragondimension-arc'.
        That's how I'm connecting my GT and Super fanfics. At the end of GT Goku leaves with Shenron and it takes him to the Dragon Dimension. The entirety of GT turns out to be a dream but Zalama is all-present so he's able to reach Goku and warn him of things to come, but Whis wakes Goku up before he can deliver important info. The (chronological) first arc I'm writing for Super is the Dream Dimension arc, Beerus has been taken into the Dream Dimension while sleeping and they have to rescue him.

MKCSTEALTH
        OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:58 pm

I honestly want to see them explore some of the little throw away things that are fascinating. Seeing Trunks and Mai in the new timeline, the first time traveler, the presence of the Yardrat and Tsfurijin in U2.

And of course, U6 Saiyans and the Pride Troopers

shadowmaria
        OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:01 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:In GT, basically all they did is search for Dragon Balls.
        Let me guess; you’ve never watched (or read) Dragon Ballhave you?