"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:08 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I would've left everything after Zamasu's arc for XV3 and instead used these extra packs to complete missing characters and forms like the androids, Uub, Semi perfect Cell, etc.

I don't think we're getting a 5th pack, unless they said so today.
Well, considering most of these packs weren't planned and only came about because the DLCs are surprisingly successful... We could. Even if by that point I'd go "Seriously, guys. Stahp. You've done enough. Let us have a break!"
XV2 has go go out with a bang and a 2 character pack isn’t a bang. But then again, i have a voice in the back of my head telling me XV3 will be announced at Jump Festa. And I’d think that by the time XV3 is announced, XV2 DLC would be done.
I don't think the number of characters matters for it to be a big bang attack, especially since that will probably also come with story content
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Kanassa wrote:Well, considering most of these packs weren't planned and only came about because the DLCs are surprisingly successful... We could. Even if by that point I'd go "Seriously, guys. Stahp. You've done enough. Let us have a break!"
Anything's possible but by the time the 8th pack is out they'll probably be getting ready to announce XV3 for late 2019/early 2020 so at that point it'll be pointless to still support XV2.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:20 pm

TobyS wrote:Anyone else think it's weird AF that we have kefla before kale and cauli separately? Like getting Vegetto in the base game before Goku and Vegeta...
I'm not and a fair comparison would be with Goten and Trunks, characters that only complement each other while in fusion, that's apply to Kale and Caulifla as well.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Honestly, I thought that Extra Pack 2 was a good place to leave XV2. It definitely had the most interesting story of the DLCs (although that's not really saying much). But I won't complain about getting more content. The more we get in XV2, the more we have to play with in XV3. And I assume (though maybe it's just wishful thinking) that they'll do something completely new with the story next time. They have that new timeline that hatched from Toki Toki's egg, which hopefully will be the focus of the next game. If that's true, then it wouldn't make sense to delay characters in hopes of getting their stories more focus anyway.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:42 pm

As much as I don't mind DLC, I think they should start working on a XV3 (unless they want to stop at 2)

The game had a good lifespan but they don't need to force it, especially since this game tries to rival with DBFZ.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:55 pm

DiamondX wrote:
Grimlock wrote:It seems DLC 8/Extra Pack 4 is confirmed and two more BGM tracks.

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]The new tracks are Chozetsu Dynamic and Limit Breaker X Survivor.[/spoiler]
HOLY SHIT YES!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:26 pm

DiamondX wrote:As much as I don't mind DLC, I think they should start working on a XV3.
They've been working on XV3 for awhile. What we're getting now wasn't even planned so chances are these characters were already being worked on for XV3 and they just ported them over to 2 as it's the same franchise so the assets and engine are the same.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Phozz wrote:
DiamondX wrote:
Grimlock wrote:It seems DLC 8/Extra Pack 4 is confirmed and two more BGM tracks.

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]The new tracks are Chozetsu Dynamic and Limit Breaker X Survivor.[/spoiler]
HOLY SHIT YES!
WELL, I KNOW WHAT MY CITY'S THEME IS GOING TO BE FOREVER MORE NOW.

Actually, I don't remember, do we have the option to change the BGM for parallel quests and story missions, or is it just in the city? Been a bit since I popped back onto the game.

Also seems like those two '?' spots at the top must be for characters, so if it's just two there, then probably just Baby Vegeta and Kafla for this upcoming one I'd imagine.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:18 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Phozz wrote:
DiamondX wrote:
HOLY SHIT YES!

Actually, I don't remember, do we have the option to change the BGM for parallel quests and story missions, or is it just in the city? Been a bit since I popped back onto the game.

Also seems like those two '?' spots at the top must be for characters, so if it's just two there, then probably just Baby Vegeta and Kafla for this upcoming one I'd imagine.
You can change the music in PQs, but not story stuff.

And yes, we are only getting Baby Vegeta and Kefla.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:43 pm

DiamondX wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Phozz wrote: HOLY SHIT YES!

You can change the music in PQs, but not story stuff.

And yes, we are only getting Baby Vegeta and Kefla.
We're also getting the option to choose our other CaCs for the PQs

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Kanassa wrote:We're also getting the option to choose our other CaCs for the PQs
Wait, really? Like to bring along with us as AI partners? That's awesome if so. Wonder if they get a share of the experience then, cuz that could be a good way to quickly level them up.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Kanassa wrote:We're also getting the option to choose our other CaCs for the PQs
Wait, really? Like to bring along with us as AI partners? That's awesome if so. Wonder if they get a share of the experience then, cuz that could be a good way to quickly level them up.
Eh. Already leveled all of them up to 99. Thanks to farming medals and that one NPC,

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:51 pm

sintzu wrote:
DiamondX wrote:As much as I don't mind DLC, I think they should start working on a XV3.
They've been working on XV3 for awhile. What we're getting now wasn't even planned so chances are these characters were already being worked on for XV3 and they just ported them over to 2 as it's the same franchise so the assets and engine are the same.
Word. Some info I says that the development has started since the 4th quarter of 2017. But then again, some info also says that we should be getting a new db game between FighterZ and XV3 that “isnt a fighter”.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:59 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Some info also says that we should be getting a new db game between FighterZ and XV3 that “isnt a fighter”.
XV3 being in development comes from trusted people on this very site while the non-fighter game (from what I remember) came from a hit or miss source. There was also a rumor about CyberConnect2 working on a game but that's yet to be confirmed by anyone reliable.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:08 am

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Some info also says that we should be getting a new db game between FighterZ and XV3 that “isnt a fighter”.
XV3 being in development comes from trusted people on this very site while the non-fighter game (from what I remember) came from a hit or miss source. There was also a rumor about CyberConnect2 working on a game but that's yet to be confirmed by anyone reliable.
Who are the trusted people on this site that made the claim? Not denying, just wanted to know so I can look forward to something cause I was thinking XV3 was gonna be canned for a while.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:18 am

Kokonoe wrote:Who are the trusted people on this site that made the claim? Not denying, just wanted to know so I can look forward to something cause I was thinking XV3 was gonna be canned for a while.
I think (could be wrong as I'm not good at remembering names) theDevilsCorps is one of them. You can find the comments on the previous pages.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:16 am

Kokonoe wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Who are the trusted people on this site that made the claim? Not denying, just wanted to know so I can look forward to something cause I was thinking XV3 was gonna be canned for a while.
Even if sources hadn't determined when the development started, DIMPS and even the FIghterZ devs confirmed Xenoverse 3 was confirmed on streams

Kanassa wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:21 am

Kanassa wrote:DIMPS and even the FIghterZ devs confirmed Xenoverse 3 was confirmed on streams
What did they say about it ?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:22 am

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:DIMPS and even the FIghterZ devs confirmed Xenoverse 3 was confirmed on streams
What did they say about it ?
That it is coming. Nothing specific about if the development has start or when, just that they are going make a sequel.

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:59 am

sintzu wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:Who are the trusted people on this site that made the claim? Not denying, just wanted to know so I can look forward to something cause I was thinking XV3 was gonna be canned for a while.
I think (could be wrong as I'm not good at remembering names) theDevilsCorps is one of them. You can find the comments on the previous pages.
You also have ArchedThunder.
sintzu wrote:
Lol. That, i know. I made a whole theory piecing together info and concepts for the next Dragon ball game and nothing was announced. Of course we still have Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"