Does King Kai hate Goku?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Does King Kai hate Goku?

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 pm

I mean he killed him and put off reviving him. Destroys his planet do you think he hates him?

Akira
Regular

Re: Does King Kai hate Goku?

Post by Akira » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:05 pm

No, Goku was his student, and as such he cares very much for him, despite his occasional negative comments. Of course, I'm sure it irks North Kaio that Goku took so long to revive him, but that doesn't stop him from watching out for his star pupil. Only to Goku did he teach his most devastating desperation techniques. The Kaio-ken, which he developed the basis for, but never mastered himself, and the Genki-dama or Spirit Bomb if you prefer.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:38 am

Yeah I was worried King Kai hated Goku too but I also think now that he doesn't.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:55 pm

I think their relationship is too close for them to hate each other. They've spent years together training and King Kai has been crucial to Goku's success, willingly helping even after Goku blew up his planet and killed him.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:40 pm

King Kai is proud of Goku. Afterall, he taught Goku the Genki Dama and Kaioken, techniques that he repeatedly uses to defeat enemies. He's basically advertising King Kai's training every time he wins. Goku gives King Kai company too. He was living alone with Gregory and Bubbles before. Yes, he is annoyed by the actions of Goku many times, but at the end of the day, he likes Goku.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Kaio was the one who chose to remain dead in the first place.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:05 am

True enough, I have heard that King Kai chose to remain dead.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.