What’s everyone’s opinion on how the manga has so far handled the Universe Survival arc compared to the anime?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What’s everyone’s opinion on how the manga has so far handled the Universe Survival arc compared to the anime?

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote:
1345521 wrote:This manga wasted some interesting characters which hurt it in my opinion
The manga wasted chars that we did not care about while the anime gave tons of screens to chars we did not care about so ehh.....
I liked 38, it is well-drawn and we get nice tidbits of lore, but insofar I don't like ToP neither in the anime neither in the manga so much, I don't hate it, but eehhh.... lol
"We" being highly subjective.

While its clear you and several others do not care for new and old characters that had more screen time in the anime, it is also clear that many fans of the anime do, in fact, care for these characters.

When the creators go so far to introduce so many new characters, and bring back older characters for one last hurrah, I personally believe its better when at least a little bit of time is given to delve into these characters, rather than just make them throw a ways. Because U7, U6, and U11 are not the only ones fighting for their existence.
Who are the chars we cared the most about outside U7 and U11? Chars from U6 that's right lol
And you know why? Because we already knew them lol
ToP misses a pre-arc so the characters that are given on screen can connect to the previous information the audience had so "we" is "us" the actual audience lol

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Re: What’s everyone’s opinion on how the manga has so far handled the Universe Survival arc compared to the anime?

Post by ricky84 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:25 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
ricky84 wrote:Every single one of those characters are written worse than their anime versions, especially the ToP characters. Aniraza only exist to be fodder to Kale, Kale herself is even more of a Broly clone once she transforms and never develops out of it like she did in the anime. Also, the Caulifla x Kale dynamic (which was the most interesting thing about them) is removed from the manga, making them blander characters as a result. Ribrianne is even more annoying and despicable in the manga (which I didn't think was possible lmao), Krillin never gets his arc were he regains his confidence, Hit is once again a fodder character, and Jiren is even more dry of a character than he is in the anime.
I say the Manga did not come close to doing as good of a Job with Ribrianne as the Anime did. We did not get the depth of character development, learning about new forms of love for Brianne, the amazing fights, transformations and the Final Glory that was Episode 118 that cemented the ideals of who Universe 2 is and what they are about until their very end in the Manga at all, Heck 18 got screwed too on her discovering her ideals to tap into her own power of love to achieve power.

Some of the only good things where that the begin felt more like a battle royal with good fight images of Rozie, we got some more critical info on how Ribrianne's powers work based on her confidences and the Manga Managed to make that throw away line in Episode 117 about Krillian's nose be far more relevant and meaning full towards ideals of Beauty in U2 in the Manga, so it had good and bad, but still the Anime with all that problems it had was still FAR SUPERIOR!

But Just Wondering, I don't get what you mean by Annoying and Despicable, please give more on what exactly by examples and/or details?
I get what Toei was trying to due with Ribrianne, but I don't think they did a good job imo. To me she comes across as a one-note shallow parody of Magic Girl anime heroines, especially with her constantly ranting about love smh. I don't have any problems with people who like the character though.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:19 pm

ricky84 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
ricky84 wrote:Every single one of those characters are written worse than their anime versions, especially the ToP characters. Aniraza only exist to be fodder to Kale, Kale herself is even more of a Broly clone once she transforms and never develops out of it like she did in the anime. Also, the Caulifla x Kale dynamic (which was the most interesting thing about them) is removed from the manga, making them blander characters as a result. Ribrianne is even more annoying and despicable in the manga (which I didn't think was possible lmao), Krillin never gets his arc were he regains his confidence, Hit is once again a fodder character, and Jiren is even more dry of a character than he is in the anime.
I say the Manga did not come close to doing as good of a Job with Ribrianne as the Anime did. We did not get the depth of character development, learning about new forms of love for Brianne, the amazing fights, transformations and the Final Glory that was Episode 118 that cemented the ideals of who Universe 2 is and what they are about until their very end in the Manga at all, Heck 18 got screwed too on her discovering her ideals to tap into her own power of love to achieve power.

Some of the only good things where that the begin felt more like a battle royal with good fight images of Rozie, we got some more critical info on how Ribrianne's powers work based on her confidences and the Manga Managed to make that throw away line in Episode 117 about Krillian's nose be far more relevant and meaning full towards ideals of Beauty in U2 in the Manga, so it had good and bad, but still the Anime with all that problems it had was still FAR SUPERIOR!

But Just Wondering, I don't get what you mean by Annoying and Despicable, please give more on what exactly by examples and/or details?
I get what Toei was trying to due with Ribrianne, but I don't think they did a good job imo. To me she comes across as a one-note shallow parody of Magic Girl anime heroines, especially with her constantly ranting about love smh. I don't have any problems with people who like the character though.
Well 1st thing is I see that you just joined the Kanzenshuu Forums recently, good to have new fans here, Welcome to the Threads! :)

Thanks for that info cause I am always curious as hearing the whys to any topic I am interesting in so I can get a better idea of where a fan is coming from. Also it is the right to like and not like anyone you want, such is the Great and 1st ideal of fandom, this is to make clear it was about curiously mostly then anything else.

Thanks to for that and a shout out to fans that like the characters they do Like with Me and Other Fans that Like Ribrianne! :thumbup:

I would say in the Manga, like I said before, while it had moments it was IMO as a Ribrianne fan not very good and was lacking and cold towards what the Anime achieved for her character. That was just the opening problems IMO for the Manga, which thus lead us into the last chapter that was a Total IMO Waste of SO many nicely developed characters from the anime, just wasted in 1-2 hit knock-outs. This explains that while Ribrianne got more development then most in the Manga and she had some interesting moments, it would make sense not many came away well with a view of her or most anyone else form the manga cause of how they where written.

I still Like Ribrianne's character in the Manga, the nose joke was Far Better done, but still was very sub-par and a letdown compared to the Anime.

Going form their, If it helps at all, I like to make some points to help fans maybe see a different Viewpoint on a character.

In the end while Ribrianne/Brianne by Episode 117 admitted their are much Stronger forms of Love out their she was not as familiar with as 18 showed, still in her Universe 2, She, the GoD Heles, their Supreme Kai Pell and their champions did help to create and lead a High Mortal Universe based on the Love they knew that was Showcased in Episode 118. 118 is to a Ribrianne fan like me the Golden Standard Episode to explain why Universe 2's ideals of Love where pure and had backing behind Ribrianne's words and themes of Love. Its those beliefs that helped to create a Mortal level in their Universe only 2nd to U11 and almost got them out of the ToP. By the standards of 118 it was based on Friendship, Comradely, Family, Defending of you People and their Lives, their Beliefs in it that made them such a Welcome Developed Universe compared to others, that was what was inspiring about them and why Ribrianne's speeches about Love IMO have meaning to them.

The Video Link below can help clarify my points more and is I Good Video I Greatly Recommend;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU0oq-e ... t5n7xDVcXg

Again, this is just to help fans maybe get a different point of view on her character, but enjoy who you choose to enjoy and engaging in opinions and talks is apart of what helps us grow as fans in forums, Welcome. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:16 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote: I still Like Ribrianne's character in the Manga, the nose joke was Far Better done, but still was very sub-par and a letdown compared to the Anime.
I liked the manga , of course was so short compare to their anime performance, what I really missed in th manga was the moment of the elimination where they showed the broadcast of the tournament and everybody gathering together and being happy with love about their fate . Manga was more about beauty and anime about love .. so I guess that moment didn’t fit in the manga . So Ribrianne anime vs manga are totally different. Considering how manga doesn’t expand characters and universes not introduced in the pre-tournament , it wasn’t so bad but I understand if you have a frustration about it .
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:22 pm

prince212 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote: I still Like Ribrianne's character in the Manga, the nose joke was Far Better done, but still was very sub-par and a letdown compared to the Anime.
I liked the manga , of course was so short compare to their anime performance, what I really missed in th manga was the moment of the elimination where they showed the broadcast of the tournament and everybody gathering together and being happy with love about their fate . Manga was more about beauty and anime about love .. so I guess that moment didn’t fit in the manga . So Ribrianne anime vs manga are totally different. Considering how manga doesn’t expand characters and universes not introduced in the pre-tournament , it wasn’t so bad but I understand if you have a frustration about it .
Personally, I thought that showing the people of the universe lovingly cheer on the u2 fighters made the less important universes seem homogeneous. u7 is an expansive world full of different cultures, but u2 seemed one note.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:41 pm

prince212 wrote:
Well my 1st and foremost Ideal in any story that Involves Ribrianne/Brianne or any other U2 character is that if that story helped any fan, like you Prince212, help you like their characters more and/or become more of a fan of them, then I am happy the story was made. :)

I Usally like to see character development out of my favorites, it allow fans to get to know the characters better and connect better. So what I feel is it might be lacky in those departments, the Manga and I worry it might turn fans to characters like Ribrianne/Brianne, I want the best for her character and that I feel is best achieved when time is given for development and definition. So while I do get why the Manga is shorter, I find it disappointing that development gets left out more for the speed.

Again, however, If fans gained more liking for a character cause of that, I am Happy. I care most about expanding Ribrianne/Brianne & U2 fanbase that most, If I can learn good things from stuff/storys I find lacking, that is always a positive IMO. :thumbup:

Also Greatly Yes, the Moments from Episode 118, espically those Unity moments of U2 where solid GOLD for any U2 and Ribrianne/Brianne Fan. They helped to define allot that their was meaning and strength behind U2's themes, so indeed when that was not include or the 3 last warriors gaining the power to defined their Universe like in the anime, I felt the Manga left out key elements that made the anime so worth wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEI_KbtrYs
My #1 in DB!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:57 pm

Bergamo wrote:
prince212 wrote:
Personally, I thought that showing the people of the universe lovingly cheer on the u2 fighters made the less important universes seem homogeneous. u7 is an expansive world full of different cultures, but u2 seemed one note.
That is an interesting question to dive into Bergamo, Thanks for it to have a discussion about it. :think:

The Homogeneousness is Mainly the ideals of what make their societies not only prospered so well to gain such a high mortal level and that is a them developing a common bond with one another thats the energy and spirt of love for each and every member of their universe. It is a Universal Ideal Connect to one another, short of like Universal Brotherhood.

I don't think it takes away from any Uniqueness of different cultures that U2 might have either, as we saw with the Yadrat he still had his traditional clothes are the Yadrats had it U7. All the main members of U2's team where mainly all dressed and acted individually differently. They just shared a common bond between each other in both caring and friendship, aka Love for one another.

It is an ideal we in our own reality we keep striving for every decade, keeping our individuality and unique cultures, but learning to live in harmony and brotherly love for each other to end wars, crimes and injustices.

I think Universe 2 is That Idealism~Fully~Realized.

In the end any Magic Girl Show/Universe has similar ideals, the individuality of the person and cultures are the be celebrate and when threaten, protected. While having an over-arching idealism of Love base on Friendship, Peace, Life and Love for your fellow person. U2 is the same and like with the team, if their is ever an arc that has time to explore U2 I am certain they are just as culturally diverse as U7 is, they just found a universal idealism in Love to help them bond with one another to make themselves and each other better. :)
My #1 in DB!

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:50 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
It is an ideal we in our own reality we keep striving for every decade, keeping our individuality and unique cultures, but learning to live in harmony and brotherly love for each other to end wars, crimes and injustices.

I think Universe 2 is That Idealism~Fully~Realized.
Man I really Love your words and their meaning .
Those apply good for the anime version of u2 . ... talking about it , universe were supposed to be paired and with opposite energies ... saiyans u7 agresive -u6 pacific .... And the pair of u2 is u11 that seems to be the opposite of love ... plenty of crimes and injustices ( Jiren background) .... I.d.k if that was on purpose though....
Meanwhile manga u2 only message for good that we can take is that Beauty is not a fact and depends on who’s looking , witch is not a bad message neither .
I think t.o.p arc Was plenty of good messages that most of the people can define as cheese , like trust and love , we didn’t have a main enemy antagonist, we just have different ideologies . One proof of the importance of what I’m talking about isn’t that Zeno was decided to eliminate all the universes if the wish was not the right one ...
It’s not that I’m a big fan of this arc. But it’s always good to search for the goodies instead of the baddies..
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:40 am

-Hit has more time to shine and puts up a better fight which is cool.

-Caulifla is way less obnoxious in personality and more charming.

-Kale has a really awesome build up with foreshadowing and isn't just chasing after Caulifla 24/7.

-Cabba is actually useful which surprised me and he's the reason U6 is still kicking in this tournament.

-Gohan actually being hyped and getting spotlight is VERY much appreciated after how the anime butchered him. Also, him wearing his best attire is so awesome and I love Toyotaro for doing that instead of giving him the generic gi.

-Kale kicks ASS when she transforms, and she doesn't go full on Broly which is also appreciated cause I hated how they played that up for "fan service" in the anime and it lead to literally nothing. Kale doesn't need to be Broly in all aspects, and this was way better balanced.

-Goku is less of a idiot which is appreciated.

-Jiren actually has consistent writing and isn't all over the place in portrayals. I also like that he actually has a personality now which he severely lacked in the anime.

-Toppo being more fleshed out as well is appreciated too.

-No consistent spamming of the peanut gallery watching the match which is VERY much appreciated as well.

-Power scaling is far more sensible.

-Ribrianne being attracted to Krillin makes so much more sense compared to the anime thinking he's ugly.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:16 am

I like the manga for pretty much all the reasons above. Personally I disliked most of the fodder and hated Ribrianne, the only fight besides U6/U11 I was particularly looking forward to was Anilaza, but as a Kale fan I was kinda ok with him jobbing to hype her (and Broly) up.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:30 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:I like the manga for pretty much all the reasons above. Personally I disliked most of the fodder and hated Ribrianne, the only fight besides U6/U11 I was particularly looking forward to was Anilaza, but as a Kale fan I was kinda ok with him jobbing to hype her (and Broly) up.
That was actually something else I wanted to mention, and I agree! We have a lot of fodder matches in the anime that just are very boring, like if it was actually entertaining I wouldn't mind but being forced to watch that once per week was pretty monotonous and didn't entertain me. If you can't execute the fodder well, just get me right into the good stuff.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:06 am

Kokonoe wrote:-Hit has more time to shine and puts up a better fight which is cool.

-Kale has a really awesome build up with foreshadowing and isn't just chasing after Caulifla 24/7.

-Cabba is actually useful which surprised me and he's the reason U6 is still kicking in this tournament.

-Gohan actually being hyped and getting spotlight is VERY much appreciated after how the anime butchered him. Also, him wearing his best attire is so awesome and I love Toyotaro for doing that instead of giving him the generic gi.

-Kale kicks ASS when she transforms, and she doesn't go full on Broly which is also appreciated cause I hated how they played that up for "fan service" in the anime and it lead to literally nothing. Kale doesn't need to be Broly in all aspects, and this was way better balanced.

-Jiren actually has consistent writing and isn't all over the place in portrayals. I also like that he actually has a personality now which he severely lacked in the anime.

-No consistent spamming of the peanut gallery watching the match which is VERY much appreciated as well.

-Ribrianne being attracted to Krillin makes so much more sense compared to the anime thinking he's ugly.
Nearly everything here save for stuff about Kale is false.

- Caulifla's personality is exactly the same as the anime, and if anything she's even more of an overconfident bitch in the manga. She's notably less likable in the manga since her most sympathetic trait from the anime (her care and protectiveness of Kale) is absent here.

- Hit is a glorified Yamcha in the manga. Doesn't score a single elimination in the manga, and his fight with Jiren in the manga was embarrassing compared to the anime.

- Kale is 24/7 Broly clone the moment she transforms and doesn't even get any dialogue once she does. At least anime kale grows out of it.

-Jiren is exactly the same as he is in the anime. He still doesn't do anything when his teammates get beaten and still dry in personality.

- Cabba is actually less useful in the manga. He doesn't even score any eliminations like in the anime and his elimination in the manga is really stupid.

- Goku still dicks around most of the time in the manga's ToP and has yet to go serious with anyone, even Jiren. Unlike in the anime where he eventually does get serious after 108.

- Having Gohan wear Piccolo's gi was a bad idea and an example of character regression. Since the Buu saga made it clear that him wearing Goku's gi was to reflect him taking after his father after unlocking his potential.

- And most of all, the manga's powerscaling is much worse, especially when it comes to Kale. First Berzek Kale id able to throw hands with SSB level characters Golden Freeza and Blue Goku, then she is seen struggling with the fodder Pride Troopers that even base Goku could handle smh. And Toyotaro's reasoning behind why she was losing against the Pride Troopers (speed and skill) is so dumb, since she was earlier blitzing far stronger characters like Aniraza and Golden Freeza.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:09 am

ricky84 wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:-Hit has more time to shine and puts up a better fight which is cool.

Nearly everything here save for stuff about Kale is false.

- Caulifla's personality is exactly the same as the anime, and if anything she's even more of an overconfident bitch in the manga. She's notably less likable in the manga since her most sympathetic trait from the anime (her care and protectiveness of Kale) is absent here.

- Hit is a glorified Yamcha in the manga. Doesn't score a single elimination in the manga, and his fight with Jiren in the manga was embarrassing compared to the anime.

- Kale is 24/7 Broly clone the moment she transforms and doesn't even get any dialogue once she does. At least anime kale grows out of it.

-Jiren is exactly the same as he is in the anime. He still doesn't do anything when his teammates get beaten and still dry in personality.

- Cabba is actually less useful in the manga. He doesn't even score any eliminations like in the anime and his elimination in the manga is really stupid.

- Goku still dicks around most of the time in the manga's ToP and has yet to go serious with anyone, even Jiren. Unlike in the anime where he eventually does get serious after 108.

- Having Gohan wear Piccolo's gi was a bad idea and an example of character regression. Since the Buu saga made it clear that him wearing Goku's gi was to reflect him taking after his father after unlocking his potential.

- And most of all, the manga's powerscaling is much worse, especially when it comes to Kale. First Berzek Kale id able to throw hands with SSB level characters Golden Freeza and Blue Goku, then she is seen struggling with the fodder Pride Troopers that even base Goku could handle smh. And Toyotaro's reasoning behind why she was losing against the Pride Troopers (speed and skill) is so dumb, since she was earlier blitzing far stronger characters like Aniraza and Golden Freeza.
I'll agree to disagree cause none of what you said is anything I agree with tbh.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:49 am

Think its just as terrible as the anime, but for completely different reasons.

The anime painstakingly took its time to show every single competitor, however, this meant that the tournament was mostly completely unfocused during the battle royale section, and ended up being slow and tedious because of it. Due to being slow and tedious, a lot of the battle royale elements didn't come through that well in the anime, despite the staff's best efforts.

In direct contrast, the manga completely abandoned any idea's of being a battle royale as soon as it could, and didn't utilize any of the potential scale that the battle royale format offered at all, and seems to have opted for a more the numbers arc.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:24 am

JazzMazz wrote:Think its just as terrible as the anime, but for completely different reasons.
I think the major reason both are bad is that foundation of the arc is very weak and in reality no one outside saiyans and maybe freeza is given importance.

In current situation,you can’t develop the other universes well enough outside of saiyans and the antagonists and you can’t justify just knocking them away either.

Supposedly,you are able to do that I don’t think the non saiyans characters will matter in the long run.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:47 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Think its just as terrible as the anime, but for completely different reasons.
I think the major reason both are bad is that foundation of the arc is very weak and in reality no one outside saiyans and maybe freeza is given importance.

In current situation,you can’t develop the other universes well enough outside of saiyans and the antagonists and you can’t justify just knocking them away either.

Supposedly,you are able to do that I don’t think the non saiyans characters will matter in the long run.
I think the lack of focus on what they desired from each universe and a focus on key players in each of the universes in both mediums definitely effected the storytelling and battle Royale aspect of this tournament.

The idea itself is great, however, outside of that, its quite obvious that both sides had no clue how they wanted to pull it off, or were unable to pull it off due to other circumstances.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen a larger emphasis on the team dynamics and objectives of each universe, to make things more interesting. They could flesh out one or two key characters from the universes, namely the team key representative(that should have been something they focused on), while having each universe focusing on a different individual and team dynamic.

For example, I was thinking it would have been interesting that universe 10 had a lot of physically powerful warriors, but they were all loose cannons, and didn't really have any real martial arts skills with maybe the exception of a key reprensentative, in say, for example, Obuni. As a result of this, they go on a rampage and disrupt fights, but are quickly picked off by universes that are either more skilled or more tactical, not to mention just more sheerly powerful.

I think some basic planning around stuff like that would have made the battle royale aspect of the TOP more interesting and fulfilling, than just having universe 7 vs everyone, or everyone just instantly losing.

Do you catch my drift?

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:46 am

I really could not enjoy the anime version of ToP outside of the 3 big budget Jiren episodes where the animation was great.

Though the writing in the manga is really winning me over and actually making me like this arc. Toriyama gives Toyotaro lots of praise and I'm starting to understand why, I feel like he gets this series. My only wish is that the manga could've been a weekly thing too, but I'll still take this as it feels good to be positive about something new that's Dragon Ball since the anime just isn't for my tastes.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:19 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:

I think the lack of focus on what they desired from each universe and a focus on key players in each of the universes in both mediums definitely effected the storytelling and battle Royale aspect of this tournament.

The idea itself is great, however, outside of that, its quite obvious that both sides had no clue how they wanted to pull it off, or were unable to pull it off due to other circumstances.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen a larger emphasis on the team dynamics and objectives of each universe, to make things more interesting. They could flesh out one or two key characters from the universes, namely the team key representative(that should have been something they focused on), while having each universe focusing on a different individual and team dynamic.

For example, I was thinking it would have been interesting that universe 10 had a lot of physically powerful warriors, but they were all loose cannons, and didn't really have any real martial arts skills with maybe the exception of a key reprensentative, in say, for example, Obuni. As a result of this, they go on a rampage and disrupt fights, but are quickly picked off by universes that are either more skilled or more tactical, not to mention just more sheerly powerful.

I think some basic planning around stuff like that would have made the battle royale aspect of the TOP more interesting and fulfilling, than just having universe 7 vs everyone, or everyone just instantly losing.

Do you catch my drift?
I don't think it makes sense for universe 10 to have a bunch of tough-yet-dumb fighters. If the fighters were picked by Gowas who is characterized as wise, then wouldn't he be able to see the problem with picking unintelligent fighters?
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:42 pm

The same as I always feel between the two: the anime is offensively stupid whereas the manga is bland and soulless.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:21 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:The same as I always feel between the two: the anime is offensively stupid whereas the manga is bland and soulless.
But which is the lesser of two evils? :P