Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by coola » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Worst case scenario, we will rip audio from The Movies release, and put it in HD Remaster, I'm sure good people here will make such guide :) It is not illegal, if you own The Movies/Singles :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by sumpter360 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:13 pm

coola wrote:Worst case scenario, we will rip audio from The Movies release, and put it in HD Remaster, I'm sure good people here will make such guide :) It is not illegal, if you own The Movies/Singles :)
Super easy, once you've ripped the video/audio from the discs. Just one free program, and a bit of drag-and-drop magic :)
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:20 pm

sumpter360 wrote:
coola wrote:Worst case scenario, we will rip audio from The Movies release, and put it in HD Remaster, I'm sure good people here will make such guide :) It is not illegal, if you own The Movies/Singles :)
Super easy, once you've ripped the video/audio from the discs. Just one free program, and a bit of drag-and-drop magic :)
What program? And is there a good program for adding the subtitles from the singles? I must consider the possibility that is ends up only being released in Japan.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Post by sumpter360 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:41 pm

I use a program called MKVToolNix. You drag the MKV of a movie into it and it displays the contents of the file, ie the video, the audio tracks, the subtitle tracks, etc. There you can remove any you don't need by un-checkmarking any piece you don't want included. You might do this to reduce the filesize, or to get rid of subs/audio tracks you never plan on using.

Alternately you can throw multiple MKVs in. It'd show the contents of both. For this case, you'd remove the video of the Dragon Box DVD and the audio of the Blu-ray. Then the resulting file would contain the preferred video matched with the preferred audio. Assuming both files are the same length. You can also affect things like delay time, if the a/v sync ends up being a bit off. It's a pretty powerful little program!
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Just got a chance to watch Broly from this remaster and oh my god, does it look phenomenal. It looks very similar to the few Kai episodes filmed on 35mm film, only sharper because of the lack of grain reduction. I cant wait to see this on the big screen come September.

Heres some images for any one whose curious.
[spoiler]Comparison between Funi Remaster and Toei Remaster

Some Screen Shots(very minor brightness enhancement and very minor de-saturation).
Image[/spoiler]

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Those are fucking PHENOMENAL. I need these in my life :cry:
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:56 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Those are fucking PHENOMENAL. I need these in my life :cry:
If think those look good, check out these from Path to Power.
[spoiler]I slightly enhanced the brightness.
Image[/spoiler]

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:32 am

So jealous of those of you who are able to watch/download these..

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:39 am

DHM211 wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
HOLY SHIMOLI Kid Goku looks incredible!

Weird request but could you grab one showing the old Muscle Tower next to the PtP version? Kinda always wanted to see the detail on that lil' guy.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:13 am

KBABZ wrote:
DHM211 wrote:
Image[/spoiler]

Weird request but could you grab one showing the old Muscle Tower next to the PtP version? Kinda always wanted to see the detail on that lil' guy.
Yeah sure, do you know the timing of that scene?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:32 am

DHM211 wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
DHM211 wrote: If think those look good, check out these from Path to Power.
Image[/spoiler]

Uhh... about the middle? It's when the newer tower is rising up out of the snow, there are a few shots where you can see the old tower in the foreground.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:47 am

KBABZ wrote:
DHM211 wrote:
KBABZ wrote: HOLY SHIMOLI Kid Goku looks incredible!

Uhh... about the middle? It's when the newer tower is rising up out of the snow, there are a few shots where you can see the old tower in the foreground.
This is what you mean, right?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:55 am

DHM211 wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
DHM211 wrote: Yeah sure, do you know the timing of that scene?
This is what you mean, right?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah! Now that I look at it, there's a very interesting detail there: there's a hole in the side of it, from when Goku burst it open to defeat Buyon. There's even gathered snow to reflect the passage of time since then. And while the Tower was felled in the anime, in the manga it was left standing! Trying to place The Path to Power whilst acknowledging that detail is gonna be difficult.

fabrebatalla18

Post by fabrebatalla18 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:49 am

sumpter360 wrote:I use a program called MKVToolNix. You drag the MKV of a movie into it and it displays the contents of the file, ie the video, the audio tracks, the subtitle tracks, etc. There you can remove any you don't need by un-checkmarking any piece you don't want included. You might do this to reduce the filesize, or to get rid of subs/audio tracks you never plan on using.

Alternately you can throw multiple MKVs in. It'd show the contents of both. For this case, you'd remove the video of the Dragon Box DVD and the audio of the Blu-ray. Then the resulting file would contain the preferred video matched with the preferred audio. Assuming both files are the same length. You can also affect things like delay time, if the a/v sync ends up being a bit off. It's a pretty powerful little program!
The audio from Dragon Box dont sync with a simple delay, you must edit the audio for sync correctly:

The purple is the audio of amazon, the green is of the R2J.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:23 am

DHM211 wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
Utterly stunning. I really hope Blu-Rays of these make it over to the west. :D
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 am

Robo4900 wrote:
DHM211 wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
A box set containing all 17 movies would be a great way to hype up the new movie. I'd be happy with 2 sets decided into 8 and 9 movies each.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

fabrebatalla18

Post by fabrebatalla18 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:40 am

I share a list of in which frames the audio has been edited for those who want to synchronize other dubs/subs:
https://paste.ee/r/OIyFn

It's just a list to help you, it's not 100% accurate.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 am

sintzu wrote:
Robo4900 wrote:
DHM211 wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
A box set containing all 17 movies would be a great way to hype up the new movie. I'd be happy with 2 sets decided into 8 and 9 movies each.
Nah, do all 19. One box containing the first 9, the next containing the remaining 10.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 am

Robo4900 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Robo4900 wrote: Utterly stunning. I really hope Blu-Rays of these make it over to the west. :D
Nah, do all 19. One box containing the first 9, the next containing the remaining 10.
That would actually make a complete "Dragon Ball + Z" Movie Boxset considering BoG and RoF were billed as DBZ and the new Broly one will be the first of the Super lineup. Heck chuck in A Hero's Legacy and you've got GT too!

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:45 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Robo4900 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
That would actually make a complete "Dragon Ball + Z" Movie Boxset considering BoG and RoF were billed as DBZ and the new Broly one will be the first of the Super lineup. Heck chuck in A Hero's Legacy and you've got GT too!
The GT special is part of the GT series, it's not a movie. If they remaster that, it'll be part of a series remaster, just like the two Z specials would be.

And of course, there is the question of if Toei actually still has the film elements necessary to assemble a HD master of the GT special, given they used the videotape master of the special on the Dragon Box.