Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheOne » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Noah wrote:
TysonWine wrote:"...Vegeta is desperately trying to catch up"
Ouch
I didn't like that bit either, for how long they will force this one side rivalry between Goku and Vegeta? I think we had enough, I would love if Vegeta finally moved on and had other reasons then "I MUST SURPASS KAKAROTTO" to get even stronger.
Yeah that statement is ridiculous. In both the manga and anime, Goku and Vegeta are equals when you take UI out of the picture. Now once you add UI, yeah the gap is huge. This movie could be the perfect time to see Vegeta achieving UI. They like to throw curve balls in the endings occasionally. Let see if they’re bold enough to let Vegeta shine.

If Goku and Vegeta do end up fusing in this movie, I have a strong feeling Vegeta will for sure get UI or some variation of it. You don’t merge bodies with someone and not inherit some of their knowledge on something. Then again if that were true, Vegeta would’ve known Goku and Chi Chi allegedly “never kissed” back when they fused as Vegetto in Z.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:38 pm

TheOne wrote: You don’t merge bodies with someone and not inherit some of their knowledge on something. Then again if that were true, Vegeta would’ve known Goku and Chi Chi allegedly “never kissed” back when they fused as Vegetto in Z.
I like your theory, but also doesn't make sense cause Vegeta never obtained SSJ3 after having fused with Goku once.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:28 pm

TheOne wrote:In both the manga and anime, Goku and Vegeta are equals when you take UI out of the picture. Now once you add UI, yeah the gap is huge.

This movie could be the perfect time to see Vegeta achieving UI.
The statement about Vegeta catching up is more than likely regarding UI as that's what he was trying to catch up to during the TOP so he's most likely still trying. Apart from that, in the manga they're equals with mastered Blue and in the anime Vegeta's evolved Blue is on par with Goku's ×20 Blue Kaioken. It's simply a poor choice of words on his part so I don't think it's worth looking into much.

I'd rather them save UI for when Vegeta can use it against a main villain he can take down on his own, not Broly who'll just end up beating him into the ground. I think the perfect place to give it to him would be a Sadal arc as they can come up with a main villain worthy of it and Vegeta's first main villain take down.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:36 pm

I wonder if anybody asked Herms to try and clarify that Goku and Vegeta statement from the recent interview?

Cause it only makes sense if Goku being close to a god [as in destruction] due to UI and Vegeta is trying to catch UI Goku only.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Miracles wrote:Goku and Vegeta statement from the recent interview only makes sense if Goku being close to a god [as in destruction] due to UI and Vegeta is trying to catch UI Goku only.
That's exactly what it is but it was worded the way it was either due to a poor choice of words or he wanted to get people talking. Goku being close to a destroyer (I'd put Goku close to the angles and Vegeta above some of the destroyers but whatever) and Vegeta trying to catch up to that is essentially what we saw in the TOP so there's really nothing new here.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Zen Yabuki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zen Yabuki » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:10 pm

sintzu wrote:
Miracles wrote:Goku and Vegeta statement from the recent interview only makes sense if Goku being close to a god [as in destruction] due to UI and Vegeta is trying to catch UI Goku only.
That's exactly what it is but it was worded the way it was either due to a poor choice of words or he wanted to get people talking. Goku being close to a destroyer (I'd put Goku close to the angles and Vegeta above some of the destroyers but whatever) and Vegeta trying to catch up to that is essentially what we saw in the TOP so there's really nothing new here.
The problem is nothing suggests Goku's close to the angels. Vegeta being above some of the GoDs is trickier since we don't even know where they stand.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Noah wrote:
Ouch
I didn't like that bit either, for how long they will force this one side rivalry between Goku and Vegeta? I think we had enough, I would love if Vegeta finally moved on and had other reasons then "I MUST SURPASS KAKAROTTO" to get even stronger.
As a Vegeta fan this is why I like GT Vegeta. He’s moved on with his life.

Zen Yabuki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zen Yabuki » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:45 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Noah wrote:
Ouch
As a Vegeta fan this is why I like GT Vegeta. He’s moved on with his life.
I find him boring there too but I honestly do like him more there than I did in Super. I just think it'd be interesting to do more with him that doesn't involve his obsession with Goku (like in the FT saga where I felt he was at his best written in Super).

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:05 pm

Noah wrote: I like your theory, but also doesn't make sense cause Vegeta never obtained SSJ3 after having fused with Goku once.
By this point, Vegeta seems like he could achieve SS3 easily...just that there's no point to that form. He's aware of the energy drain and that the overall benefits of that form aren't really worth it. Especially not after achieving SSG and SSB. Hell when F-Trunks told Vegeta to hurry up and use SS3 like Goku, Vegeta scoffed at the very idea of it and laughed. He went straight to SSB in order to show Trunks that there is something much greater than that. And that, ultimately, Goku was still holding back against him before.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:54 pm

sintzu wrote:
Cool.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 pm

sintzu wrote:
Cool. Glad we're reading it right.
TheMikado wrote:
Noah wrote:As a Vegeta fan this is why I like GT Vegeta. He’s moved on with his life.
Hahahaha :lol:

I love it. The only thing I hate tho is the way Vegeta needed a ray gun to become 4. Disrespect.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
HeroR wrote:Reading some of this thread, it seems that the whole 'the movie will be based off the manga because of Super Saiyan God Vegeta' has mostly been debunk. For one, the 'tingle back' is a thing in the movie while the manga itself never mentioned it (despite apparently being Toriyama's idea). That and the subplot of Freeza wanting to replace Zen'o, which as far as I can remember, isn't in the manga either.

And using the design sheets was always strange since Golden Freeza has no sheets either, yet no one claims that form doesn't exist.
Did I lose something? Vegeta SSG for some reason will not appear in the movie?

In the manga, Caulifla said she did not think it would be so easy to turn into SSJ, implying that "tingle back" might have happened. Freeza also has not yet revealed its true objectives. Anyway, Toriyama oversees the manga, so if none of this is confirmed in the manga, he just did not want to interfere (though it's obvious the movie will be based on the anime, so it would be strange if SSBK and SSBE did not show up)
Being easy doesn't really apply to 'back tingle' since Goten and Trunks got Super Saiyan easily without mentioning it. I also didn't say anything about Super Saiyan God Vegeta not appearing in the movie. I said people thought the movie would be based on the manga because Super Saiyan God Vegeta was in the movie since the anime never showed Vegeta having it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:19 pm

TheOne wrote:
Noah wrote:
Ouch
Yeah that statement is ridiculous. In both the manga and anime, Goku and Vegeta are equals when you take UI out of the picture. Now once you add UI, yeah the gap is huge. This movie could be the perfect time to see Vegeta achieving UI. They like to throw curve balls in the endings occasionally. Let see if they’re bold enough to let Vegeta shine.

If Goku and Vegeta do end up fusing in this movie, I have a strong feeling Vegeta will for sure get UI or some variation of it. You don’t merge bodies with someone and not inherit some of their knowledge on something. Then again if that were true, Vegeta would’ve known Goku and Chi Chi allegedly “never kissed” back when they fused as Vegetto in Z.
Vegeta fused with Goku in the Buu Saga, yet never got Super Saiyan 3. The whole passing knowledge thing was only a thing in the Super manga about Vegeta knowing about completed Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
sintzu wrote:

He's stronger than a God of Destruction with UI, not closed to.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:03 pm

HeroR wrote:He's stronger than a God of Destruction with UI, not closed to.
You're right, stronger than Belmound.

Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:59 pm

How do you guys think this movie will end
Also, what information do you think Akira is going to reveal to us about the sayains and such?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Goku being state to be close to a god doesnt have to be in terms of power. Jiren isnt a god what so ever, he is just a random mortal with no godly abilities, at all. Yet, his physical abilities have been above one for who knows how long, and that was before he broke his limits. I believe they are talking about His status in his UI state, as that is a state that is basically a gods. Toppo actually became a literall hakaishin, who may have been above some of the weaker ones, yet he is fodder against jiren and goku. And vegeta trying to catch up is him trying to obtain UI.

So yeah, i take it as being as close to the state of a god, instead of power(as UI goku is at least above a bunch of them in terms of power). Thats just my take tho.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:42 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Noah wrote:

Vegeta fused with Goku in the Buu Saga, yet never got Super Saiyan 3. The whole passing knowledge thing was only a thing in the Super manga about Vegeta knowing about completed Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
sintzu wrote:

In my statement I clearly offered a reason why that theory of merging bodies wouldn’t be too logical. The extra example of ssj3 served as no real purpose. Toei has made it clear they are willing to change things up as they see fit. We grew up with Trunks having purple hair and they want to pretend as if his hair has always been blue. That’s not the only thing just an example.

As far as Goku being stronger than a God of Destruction, read the Broly summary. He’s close but he’s clearly not there yet. If you’re going to call the writers a liar, then I think you should start writing your own dragon ball series instead. Since you clearly want to Force your head canon on everyone else.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:43 pm

I wonder how the kid who unwittingly started the "BROLI'S POWER IS MAXIMUM!!!1ONE1" meme feels about the upcoming movie all these years later. It's been over a decade since then, hasn't it?
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Jesus-is Lord wrote:How do you guys think this movie will end
Also, what information do you think Akira is going to reveal to us about the sayains and such?
I think it’ll end with Goku and broly having some kind of weird friendship. Not like in the past where Broly mindlessly hated everyone. Reading the summaries about Freeza's henchmen helped solidly in my guess that Broly wouldn’t mind some form of friendship. We will see what happens

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:52 pm

TheOne wrote:
HeroR wrote:
TheOne wrote:

sintzu wrote:

In my statement I clearly offered a reason why that theory of merging bodies wouldn’t be too logical. The extra example of ssj3 served as no real purpose. Toei has made it clear they are willing to change things up as they see fit. We grew up with Trunks having purple hair and they want to pretend as if his hair has always been blue. That’s not the only thing just an example.

As far as Goku being stronger than a God of Destruction, read the Broly summary. He’s close but he’s clearly not there yet. If you’re going to call the writers a liar, then I think you should start writing your own dragon ball series instead. Since you clearly want to Force your head canon on everyone else.
Umm, goku beat a guy who was stronger than his god of destruction. So yes, at the very least, goku is at god of destruction level, and above at least a couple, not nessessarily all of them.