Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:36 am

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:12 am

My boy Goten>>>>Gohan
GT Fighter

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Skar wrote:
Shaddy wrote:Which is ironic considering how inaccurate it is.
To be honest, I would've had the same reaction as that kid. I never liked these ideas when they've appeared in fanfiction so I know I wouldn't think too highly of them when they're all tossed together in one fanfic. I feel like I give it a pass and keep watching mainly because Toriyama is involved. I know if DBS was a fanfic or fan comic, I may have given up on that story a long time ago.

I don't speak for everyone and I'm sure there are fans who genuinely liked these ideas even when they appeared in fanfiction. I'm just saying there is some truth to this comic and I believe Toriyama's involvement definitely plays a factor in how much some fans are willing to accept.
I get this, but considering how much people debate whether the Buu arc is a good story (even the Cell saga), and how united everyone is in hating Minus while praising Bardock's special, it becomes hard for me to see the "you like it because it's Toriyama" statements as more than an excuse to ignore other perspectives to more easily justify one's feelings for or against content he was or was not majorly involved with. I just really hate when people try to tell someone their feelings are wrong because of a reason they themselves didn't propose.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:55 pm

There is no "Weird pictures thread" so i put it here lol
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:04 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:There is no "Weird pictures thread" so i put it here lol
Lol
GT Fighter

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Toriyama is non Canon because he was in GT
GT Fighter

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:27 am

Shaddy wrote:I get this, but considering how much people debate whether the Buu arc is a good story (even the Cell saga), and how united everyone is in hating Minus while praising Bardock's special, it becomes hard for me to see the "you like it because it's Toriyama" statements as more than an excuse to ignore other perspectives to more easily justify one's feelings for or against content he was or was not majorly involved with. I just really hate when people try to tell someone their feelings are wrong because of a reason they themselves didn't propose.
I understand where you're coming from and it would be unfair to dismiss someone's argument that way if they had legitimate unbiased points. The point of this comic was just poking fun of the fans who mainly accept these ideas because Toriyama is involved when they would be quick to dismiss them had this been a fanfic. I feel there's truth to this because I admit I've been guilty of it myself. That's why I found it funny and I could relate. In the past, I would've come up with all kinds of forced headcanon and excuses to justify these ideas in DBS even though I never gave them a second thought when I've come across them in fanfiction. The fact that someone made a parody about this means they've also come across this view. If a fan equally enjoys these ideas regardless of who came up with them whether it's Toriyama or a fan, this parody wasn't referring to them.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:37 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:10 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Image
Hahahahahahahahahaha this shows how creative DBS actually is
GT Fighter

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:10 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:
Hahahahahahahahahaha this shows how creative DBS actually is
For all you know it was someone from the future trying to warn us about Black's impending arrival. :mrgreen:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:40 pm

The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:59 pm

"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Image
Wake me up if DragonBall reached the end of Z
GT Fighter

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:28 pm

I really like Goku with a tan

GT Fighter

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:44 am

The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 am

YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:53 pm

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:22 pm

YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:24 pm