Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by omaro34 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Kanassa wrote:Huh, Piccolo got his own poster.
I'm not falling for it. Won't mean anything.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:15 am

Can't they just retcon EoZ? I know the purists will hate it, but … it was just a pic or two, and Toriyama never intended to continue the series at that time so he was free to age them a lot in order to give the reader a sense of 'wow, how time flew, what adventures we've had'.

I wouldn't mind Toriyama and Toei pulling a GT and pretend EoZ never happened.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:26 am

Why is everyone shocked that Trunks and Goten haven't aged?

They don't really age till the end of the series and we know Toriyama doesn't have to age them cause they aren't crucial to the story anyway.

They will magically stay kids until the end.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:42 am

Grimlock wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:Future Trunks himself stated that he and present Trunks are not 1:1 the same person.
Are you referring to Dragon Ball Super where future Trunks talks with present Trunks? If so, you may want to rewatch again, because future Trunks clearly says "biologically we're the same". The difference future Trunks mentions here is external issue, events caused by unnatural forces, it does not have anything to do with who they are internally. While present Trunks lives in a X world, future Trunks lives in a Y world.
Identical twins are biologically the same as well, Trunks did not likely be conceived the same way in both timelines based on what Vegeta was going throw at the time, it's not impossible that in present Trunks then saiyan traits were more dominate. We also know that thanks to Super Future Trunks has blue hair also showing something is going on with Trunks's dna.

Here's what we know they're are 5 half saiyan and half human hybrids in the anine.

Gohan, Future Trunks and Gt Bra are one type while present Trunks and Goten are another type.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:13 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Can't they just retcon EoZ?
They probably will in a big way. Uub will obviously stay but how everything plays out will most likely be different.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SuperVirginGod

Post by SuperVirginGod » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:20 am

Do you mind if I share a HQ? Here:
[spoiler]ImageImage
Image[/spoiler][/quote]

I don't like these plastic highlights but it's for promo so i am guessing it's sone other artist. I love bulma's new clothes, i don't know why but there it's very onepiece-esque and it's surprising they are still sexualizing her even in this age, it's like milking old cows :lol: :lol: .

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:32 am

Cursemark505 wrote:
emperior wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Goten and Trunks are still the same... See, they are not even trying anymore, why should I?
Jeez dude the movie is taking place shortly after the Tournament and, I repeat, it was stated in Jaco how Saiyans stay in a child’s body for a long time. Honestly if you hate Super so much why don’t you just drop it completely?
Future Trunks aged normally and so did Gohan.
What makes you think Gohan aged normally after Age 9 ? We have never seen a Gohan b/w age 9 and 16, so Why are you using this to prove your point because even Goten and Trunks aged normally from age 1 to 7/8. Also, 14 year old Future Trunks wasn't designed by AT and Neither was that special chapter illustrated by him, so I doubt AT even remembered since he designed kid trunks with the same height in BOG and no one from staff brought up Future Trunks design.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:11 am

This movie takes place after Universe Survival arc.
Pan and Bra already have born.
Everyone is getting new character designs. It was the perfect time to age Goten/Trunks and yet they decided to not do it again. That's it. These two will remain kids forever in the new stuff, while Pan and Bra will keep being babies. They can't even bother to give a new haircut to Goten. Toriyama's Broly got EOZ Goten haircut before him...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:19 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:This movie takes place after Universe Survival arc.
Everyone is getting new character designs. It was the perfect time to age Goten/Trunks and yet they decided to not do it again. That's it. These two will remain kids forever in the new stuff, while Pan and Bra will keep being babies. They can't even bother to give a new haircut to Goten. Toriyama's Broly got EOZ Goten haircut before him...
We don't know how long after the ToP this takes places. Goku mentions the tournament in the trailer which means it might be shortly after it. I think they'll try to milk the remaining 5 years as much as possible so they can't have large chunks of time pass carelessly. Or , if they really aren't planning to continue after this, they need to stick as close as possible to the TOP so that the "we haven't seen each-other in 5 years" line from the last chapter can still be at least somewhat true. So in conclusion, if this happens right after the TOP it makes no sense for Trunks and Goten to look older.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:49 am

Miracles wrote:Why is everyone shocked that Trunks and Goten haven't aged?

They don't really age till the end of the series and we know Toriyama doesn't have to age them cause they aren't crucial to the story anyway.

They will magically stay kids until the end.
Hell Nozawa isn't credited for Goten (despite Kusao as Trunks getting one) so Goten might not even speak in the film!

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:23 am

omaro34 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Huh, Piccolo got his own poster.
I'm not falling for it. Won't mean anything.
^^^
Even if he does something,I doubt it would be anything important than shallow fan service.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:48 am

Issei189 wrote:Also, 14 year old Future Trunks wasn't designed by AT and Neither was that special chapter illustrated by him, so I doubt AT even remembered since he designed kid trunks with the same height in BOG and no one from staff brought up Future Trunks design.
I mean dude, do some basic research first then talk

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 am

Basaku wrote:
Issei189 wrote:Also, 14 year old Future Trunks wasn't designed by AT and Neither was that special chapter illustrated by him, so I doubt AT even remembered since he designed kid trunks with the same height in BOG and no one from staff brought up Future Trunks design.
I mean dude, do some basic research first then talk

Yeah, I mixed up. There was also an Anime Comics adaptation of that DBZ TV special and it was illustrated by Minoru Maeda, so I had memory of this when I was typing.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-offs/ois/trunks/
Last edited by Issei189 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:56 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:This movie takes place after Universe Survival arc.
Pan and Bra will be adults with families of their own. Meanwhile, Goten and Trunks are still kids. :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:58 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Trunks did not likely be conceived the same way in both timelines based on what Vegeta was going throw at the time,
You're making claims based on nothing at this point and Vegeta wasn't going through anything, the androids first appeared in AGE 767, Trunks was born in AGE 766.
miguelnuva1 wrote:it's not impossible that in present Trunks then saiyan traits were more dominate.
Yes it is, almost everything happened the same way it happened in the present, so there's no reason to think he was conceived differently. This is a natural event, as long as Bulma and Vegeta weren't bothered by anything else, the mating act was the same. Despite a little changes (such as Future Trunks didn't appear in Future Trunks' timeline), none of them affect the natural course of Vegeta and Bulma having a child.
miguelnuva1 wrote:Here's what we know they're are 5 half saiyan and half human hybrids in the anine.

Gohan, Future Trunks and Gt Bra are one type while present Trunks and Goten are another type.
What I do know is that present Trunks did not inherit that Saiyans's characteristic, and he does fall in whatever category you're doing for Gohan, Future Trunks and Bra.
Last edited by Grimlock on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Yeah but that has nothing to do with growth
As far as we know. Regardless, my point was that they could be biologically different due to their S-cell count.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 am

They've re-issued the posters everyone, panic over.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hell Nozawa isn't credited for Goten so Goten might not even speak in the film!
Not surprising as he was most likely only created to give Kid Trunks a counterpart which explains why he gets so little from everyone involved. Even heroes which lives off giving everyone every form imaginable hasn't done anything with him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:12 am

Sin wrote:They've re-issued the posters everyone, panic over.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh god, this is so much better. You made my day, thank you!

If only the responsible ones were more accurately, this is what we should have got. It's just too bad they stick with the same nonsense, you know. :(
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:17 am

Sin wrote:They've re-issued the posters everyone, panic over.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Whoever made this, give them a gold star. :thumbup: