So how did the cell juniors survive?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

So how did the cell juniors survive?

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:24 am

How did this happen? I'm legitimately dumbfounded?

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: So how did the cell juniors survive?

Post by Pantalones » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:01 am

Well, when Gohan killed the Cell Juniors, he just punched/kicked them to bits rather than blasting them. You see chunks go flying, so they're not completely destroyed the way Cell was when Gohan's Kamehameha finally overpowered him.

So presumably they survived because the important bit they need to regenerate wasn't destroyed by these attacks. Maybe their regeneration isn't quite as good as Cell's, so they took longer to regenerate... so Cell was gone and everybody else had already cleared away from the Cell Games battleground before they were back in one piece again.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:03 am

Wait, they survived? What?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:39 am

Pantalones wrote:Well, when Gohan killed the Cell Juniors, he just punched/kicked them to bits rather than blasting them. You see chunks go flying, so they're not completely destroyed the way Cell was when Gohan's Kamehameha finally overpowered him.

So presumably they survived because the important bit they need to regenerate wasn't destroyed by these attacks. Maybe their regeneration isn't quite as good as Cell's, so they took longer to regenerate... so Cell was gone and everybody else had already cleared away from the Cell Games battleground before they were back in one piece again.
This clearly this simple and straight logical to the point.

Well at least it's convenient for me to have them alive for my fanfic :D
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Wait, they survived? What?
In the Super manga, we see the Cell Juniors living in the wildlife preserve island that Android 17 watches over. Apparently #17 has trained them to go after people who aren't supposed to be there (like poachers and such) and not to kill anyone.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Because Toyotaro.

It is the same contradictory logic that Cell came back with. "They had one cell left so they could regenerate" but they must have inconspicuously regenerated much later than after the Cell Games fight was over otherwise Gohan and company woulld have just killed them again.
Ssjcell wrote:I'm legitimately dumbfounded?
You should be. It is pure insanity.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:28 pm

We aren't sure how fast they regenerated, but right after That fight Gohan fights Cell and it's the highest power battle ever seen in the franchise up to that point.

Understandably they are distracted by this.

Also up until then Cell hasn't regened from his nucleus yet. So even though Cell says they have all the abilities he does, they have no reason to assume the Cell juniors can survive that level of destruction and no reason to be looking out for them while watching the aforementioned new battle.

It is totally internally plausible.

People are just looking for reasons to whine about the manga at this point, it's a fun neat novel idea. Bitter middle age dudes like to whine about events they don't like in children's comic books.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:45 pm

TobyS wrote:We aren't sure how fast they regenerated, but right after That fight Gohan fights Cell and it's the highest power battle ever seen in the franchise up to that point.

Understandably they are distracted by this.

Also up until then Cell hasn't regened from his nucleus yet. So even though Cell says they have all the abilities he does, they have no reason to assume the Cell juniors can survive that level of destruction and no reason to be looking out for them while watching the aforementioned new battle.

It is totally internally plausible.

People are just looking for reasons to whine about the manga at this point, it's a fun neat novel idea. Bitter middle age dudes like to whine about events they don't like in children's comic books.
Would it be "plausible" that they would cause mayhem instead of running away they probably thought they would never reach Gohan level of power I guess. They were so sadistic before you think they would try to gang up on Vegeta?

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:28 pm

Toyotarou’s Super is following the comic version of Dragon Ball. Gohan didn’t really kill the Cell Jrs. They would have been able to regenerate.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:28 am

My interpretation and before anyone corrects it as saying its unrealistic it is not official:
1.Gohan does not destroy them completly and parts of them managed to survive.
2.They had regenerated after Cell died and everyone left.
3. Because they feared Gohan, they became less evil, it will explain why there are still alive after the restoration of earth. If they are evil, they managed to survive Buu's planet explotion.
4.They lived in the island and no one Z fighter noticed them because they hid their ki or they didn't care to look because of the stronger fighters and such thought never crossed their minds.
5. They met 17 and the cyborg managed to control them even further.
[spoiler](This also makes me think what became of Cell's tail, did it became the giant snake from Dragon Ball Super? :o , I really don't beleive it. :lol: )[/spoiler]

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:47 am

By a cheap excuse to hype Android 17 some more.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:31 pm

The only way this can work is that if the Cell Jrs take waaaaaaaaayy longer to regenerate... which would go against how Cell's regeneration works, but, it is what it is.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:57 pm

PFM18 wrote:Because Toyotaro.

It is the same contradictory logic that Cell came back with. "They had one cell left so they could regenerate" but they must have inconspicuously regenerated much later than after the Cell Games fight was over otherwise Gohan and company woulld have just killed them again.
Oh please. Compared to the asspull inconsistencies of the anime, this is hardly a big deal. Especially when put in the context of a gag chapter.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:59 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:

Oh please. Compared to the asspull inconsistencies of the anime, this is hardly a big deal. Especially when put in the context of a gag chapter.
Bonus chapter/=/gag chapter.

Most of the "inconsistencies" in the anime are just people not paying attention or not fully understanding something. In terms of being objectively inconsistent, very few and far between in the anime.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:41 pm

PFM18 wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:

Most of the "inconsistencies" in the anime are just people not paying attention or not fully understanding something. In terms of being objectively inconsistent, very few and far between in the anime.
Yes, I'm sure the anime is that deep and complex that we completely missed the underlying themes and are unable to follow the intricate plot points that make up Dragonball Super :roll:

Or maybe, just maybe it was a poorly executed mess barely resembling something cohesive?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:15 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:

Yes, I'm sure the anime is that deep and complex that we completely missed the underlying themes and are unable to follow the intricate plot points that make up Dragonball Super :roll:

Or maybe, just maybe it was a poorly executed mess barely resembling something cohesive?
You completely missed the point.

This is not about underlying themes, intricate plot points or anything of the like. This is about looking at a scene, determining it is an inconsistency, without actually fully understanding that scene. It doesn't necessarily mean that you missed an entire plot point or the themes of the arc, it is just a matter of not understanding those particular scenes.

The manga is a train wreck and you are simply using the excuse of being a "gag chapter" to dismiss this blatant inconcistency.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:26 pm

Yeah this sucks it was so much cooler how Gohan just ended the cell juniors

Rebel Instinct
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:33 am

PFM18 wrote:This is about looking at a scene, determining it is an inconsistency, without actually fully understanding that scene.
You mean that thing you do consistently every single month for every single chapter of the Super manga? That thing you do based on 3 or 4 out of context pages before the chapter is even translated and released with proper context? Then, whenever someone later replies citing dialogue and feats straight from the chapter itself to explain what's going on you just plug your ears and stamp you feet and go, "No! No! NO! Your points are all garbage! The manga sucks! Toyotaro's an idiot! You fanboys are delusional!" Without fail, every single month. The exact same thing. Frankly you don't have any room to talk about "not understanding the material" or "determining inconsistencies without full knowledge".
PFM18 wrote:The manga is a train wreck and you are simply using the excuse of being a "gag chapter" to dismiss this blatant inconcistency.
This garbage is largely all you ever have to contribute to discussions. Pantalones covered the subject perfectly, but you won't have any of it, You offered nothing of value to further the discussion at hand and only took the opportunity to once again attack the manga/Toyotaro. You don't come in looking for civil. rational discussion or getting to the truth of the matter, it's always just looking for a way to crap on the manga/Toyotaro and push your biases on to everyone. No intention of listening to others, considering their points or changing your mind at all. It doesn't benefit discussion or the atmosphere of Kanzenshuu in the slightest. All it does is start fights and cause unnecessary arguments, furthering the divide in the community. Judging by VegettoEX's responses, the comments you make like this each month contribute to the manga discussion thread getting locked every month.

I don't know what set you off, but this personal crusade of yours to shit on Toyotaro at every opportunity needs to stop. You constantly bring it up in every thread and discussion you're a part of regardless of whether or not it's relevant, on topic or if comparisons were even being made in the first place. Like this comment below from the Broly Movie discussion thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the manga at all.
There being very basic, cliche characters is pretty much what you would expect. It only becomes bothersome when something that is meant to be taken seriously is done with no substance like what Toyotaro is doing.
You often bring up the manga or Toyotaro completely unprovoked to make some snotty, passive aggressive backhanded remark. I've been around these forums since last year quietly watching things unfold and I can't help but pick up on your behavior. It regularly borders on infringing on the community guidelines - especially regarding civility with other users and remaining on topic. For your own sake, I'd cut back on the vendetta or you may wind up getting yourself banned. I'm no moderator and I won't pretend to be one, but I've seen other users get banned for less.
The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:24 am

I don't care for the idea myself. It seems inconsistent that those nasty little buggers would go so long without committing mayhem, and getting themselves noticed. But I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

It seems Cell engineered them to remain childlike minions, and to never reach any kind of maturity.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:25 am

Because Super logic...
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.