Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:11 am

Zelvin wrote:Vegeta's mums name shall henceforth be Rutaba. She'll be a plump rough-skinned woman who showed the King who's boss around the Palace.
Well... I may or may not have already used that as an OC's name in a fanfic for one chapter. A minor character, but with an important role. And male.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
theTUN wrote: That's the name of Videl's mother apparently.
Miguel? As a woman's name?

Well, at least we can put a name to her mother now. That just leaves Vegeta's mother as a big question mark.
Broly's mom is also a mystery, as well as the parents (and ages) of Cabba, Caulifla and Kale.
Back up, we don't even know Raditz and Nappa's exact ages either.

Also, wouldn't Michaela, Michele, or Michelle (female equivalents to "Michael") achieve what Toriyama was looking for?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:22 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Skar wrote: Thanks for the info. On that very thread though, there was some discussion about the possibility of Toriyama being involved in picking Toyotaro after being presented with a few candidates. Where did the rumors begin of Toyotaro being Toriyama's "chosen successor" if Toriyama had zero involvement in choosing him?
I think it is because of an interview in which Toriyama-san said "here we have someone I can entrust Dragon Ball with without worrying" (paraphrased). So basically even with Shueisha picking Toyble, Toriyama-san afterwards still gave his approval that he really is appropriate.
Yes. Exactly. And this whole thing even though it wasn’t the word of Toriyama but meh. You can take it how u want: https://www.db-z.com/wp-content/uploads ... Page-2.jpg
I know one thing. Toriyama has good taste. Didn't he choose the guy to do the animation for this movie?
Last edited by Miracles on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:46 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: Miguel? As a woman's name?

Well, at least we can put a name to her mother now. That just leaves Vegeta's mother as a big question mark.
Broly's mom is also a mystery, as well as the parents (and ages) of Cabba, Caulifla and Kale.
Back up, we don't even know Raditz and Nappa's exact ages either.

Also, wouldn't Michaela, Michele, or Michelle (female equivalents to "Michael") achieve what Toriyama was looking for?
Nappa had to be in his late 50s/early 60s in the Saiyan arc, as he was shown to be an adult when Planet Vegeta was still around. Raditz seems to be same age as Vegeta based on info from DB Minus.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:55 pm

Miracles wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Cetra wrote:
I think it is because of an interview in which Toriyama-san said "here we have someone I can entrust Dragon Ball with without worrying" (paraphrased). So basically even with Shueisha picking Toyble, Toriyama-san afterwards still gave his approval that he really is appropriate.
Yes. Exactly. And this whole thing even though it wasn’t the word of Toriyama but meh. You can take it how u want: https://www.db-z.com/wp-content/uploads ... Page-2.jpg
I know one thing. Toriyama has good taste. Didn't he choose the guy to do the animation for this movie?
No. He chose someone out of people auditioning to become the character designer for the film. And thats not really an “impressive” thing. Its more like Toriyama just picked the most logical choice.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:21 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Miracles wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Yes. Exactly. And this whole thing even though it wasn’t the word of Toriyama but meh. You can take it how u want: https://www.db-z.com/wp-content/uploads ... Page-2.jpg
No. He chose someone out of people auditioning to become the character designer for the film. And thats not really an “impressive” thing. Its more like Toriyama just picked the most logical choice.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:15 am

What Vjump will cover this month:

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/13095

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:17 am

Spoil https://twitter.com/OfficialDBU/status/ ... 9917135872

[spoiler]Broly (DBS movie) does not seem to fight on his own/on his own initiative?[/spoiler]
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:01 am

PFM18 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:So tomorrow is the 16th. Can we expect some movie news from V Jump already? Or do we have to wait until the 18th for the leaks to leak?
The day it leaks changes from month to month so there's no way to tell. I assume we'll get something related to the movie but don't expect anything too big as they'll probably want to save the news worthy details for a date closer to the movie.
We are only 4 months out from the movie. I would imagine we could get some juicy details now. Maybe have the biggest news next month and just have the last few months let everyone just salivate over the movie and speculate on how it is going to go.
They're gonna flat out ruin the big spoiler for the movie beforehand, likely in November. Because the Ichiban Kuji is scheduled for early December (likely 8th). It's just like mastered UI could have literally saved it for the episode but ruined it just before in Vjump, I know that's how things work in Japan but it's dumb, it defeats the whole purpose of being secretive for months prior.

Bandai Spirits formed in April of this year which means they went to planning the movie presumably soon thereafter so likely knew what Toei/Shueisha reveal schedule was so probably saw November has the big spoilers and then decided to schedule the Ichiban Kuji in the beginning of December, and the fact the Ichiban Kuji page for the movie went live a few hours after the trailer dropped reaffirms that Bandai Spirits knows the reveal schedules.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Spoil https://twitter.com/OfficialDBU/status/ ... 9917135872

[spoiler]Broly (DBS movie) does not seem to fight on his own/on his own initiative?[/spoiler]
You've got to be kidding me........
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:12 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:

You've got to be kidding me........
It is as speculated...
[spoiler]Paragus mind control![/spoiler]

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Doubt it. The neck brace/possible control device appears to be off of Broly by the time he ascends into his LSS form. Yet, he's still raring to go.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:43 pm

I saw that there will be Bulma in the movie and Hiromi Tsuru sadly passed away. Did she made it into the movie or did they recast her?
Don't wanna be insensitive, but that is how it is, sadly :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:45 pm

MCDaveG wrote:I saw that there will be Bulma in the movie and Hiromi Tsuru sadly passed away. Did she made it into the movie or did they recast her?
They recast her a while back. She's voiced by Aya Hisakawa now.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:53 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:I saw that there will be Bulma in the movie and Hiromi Tsuru sadly passed away. Did she made it into the movie or did they recast her?
Never heard of her... looked her up and she voiced Sonia in Saint Seiya Omega, which I don't remember much.
Well, curious about her performance as Bulma then, I am afraid that after decades of being used to Tsuru, it might be jarring and uncanny :)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:59 pm

MCDaveG wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Never heard of her... looked her up and she voiced Sonia in Saint Seiya Omega, which I don't remember much.
Well, curious about her performance as Bulma then, I am afraid that after decades of being used to Tsuru, it might be jarring and uncanny :)
She did an ad for a cleaning product as Bulma and she sounds pretty good. You can find it on youtube by searching their names.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:04 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: They recast her a while back. She's voiced by Aya Hisakawa now.
She did an ad for a cleaning product as Bulma and she sounds pretty good. You can find it on youtube by searching their names.
Found it, thanks! Well, she sounds pretty much like the original, if I didn't knew I wouldn't notice.
Great! I am afraid that this will happen to Goku in future and for me, there is no-one like Nozawa to play him.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:18 pm

If this Broly is actually against his will, not an intentional destructive powerhouse, I am spamming movie 8 Broly everywhere.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Going so far as to having this as a point again, there aren't any plans to keep him around as well now are there? With this being an excuse to keep Vegeta from dealing the final blow to him, just like once it was with Vegeta
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:21 pm

It's hard to get hyped with the new version of Broly if he is so damn similar to his older counterpart. Like seriously, I have still to see something that really makes he feel different in any way apart from different design and power.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.