Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:50 pm

^Well, they just wanted to integrate him in the main story that's it. They never said they would create a whole new Broly. So it makes sense that they reuse the old ideas from the old movies.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:06 pm

BrolyKale wrote:^Well, they just wanted to integrate him in the main story that's it. They never said they would create a whole new Broly. So it makes sense that they reuse the old ideas from the old movies.
The character is supposed to be different. Maybe not completely different, but he is supposed to have a new side to his character with a new back story. It isn't meant to be the same character with the same idea

If this ends up being the same old Broly I will be very disappointed.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:13 pm

I fear for the future of Dragon Ball if Toyotaro really IS the successor.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:17 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I fear for the future of Dragon Ball if Toyotaro really IS the successor.
DB probably won't change much even if he is as it's now a corporate franchise with multiple parties calling the shots on things.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:17 pm

PFM18 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:^Well, they just wanted to integrate him in the main story that's it. They never said they would create a whole new Broly. So it makes sense that they reuse the old ideas from the old movies.
The character is supposed to be different. Maybe not completely different, but he is supposed to have a new side to his character with a new back story. It isn't meant to be the same character with the same idea

Don't forget that Toriyama also said he didn't want to disappoint Broly's fans so this new Broly will be just like the old one, maybe a liiiil different. And I don't think Toriyama ever said this new Broly will have a completely different backstory from the old movies... i'm sure it will be pretty similar.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:19 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Don't forget that Toriyama also said he didn't want to disappoint Broly's fans so this new Broly will be just like the old one, maybe a liiiil different. And I don't think Toriyama ever said this new Broly will have a completely different backstory from the old movies either...
Well Broly's backstory this time ties in to the history of the Saiyans. The old Broly's backstory did not tie in to the history of the Saiyans. So it kind of has to be different.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Yeah sure it will be different but it will be pretty similar.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:27 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I fear for the future of Dragon Ball if Toyotaro really IS the successor.
DB probably won't change much even if he is as it's now a corporate franchise with multiple parties calling the shots on things.
Yeah but if he’s put in the same power as Toriyama was, he’d be creating the main stories. Which means more BS like the shit in this latest chapter
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:30 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Yeah but if he’s put in the same power as Toriyama was, he’d be creating the main stories. Which means more BS like the shit in this latest chapter
[spoiler]I don't want to get too into the chapter as it's not out yet and we just have one plot point but I think Gohan being the one to fight Kefla was a nice change.[/spoiler]

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:14 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Yeah but if he’s put in the same power as Toriyama was, he’d be creating the main stories. Which means more BS like the shit in this latest chapter
[spoiler]I don't want to get too into the chapter as it's not out yet and we just have one plot point but I think Gohan being the one to fight Kefla was a nice change.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]and what about Roshi fucking fighting Jiren at his level?!!![/spoiler]

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:16 pm

YamiGoku wrote:
sintzu wrote:

[spoiler]For some reason they seem to think that the fans want to see more of Roshi fights, as in behind the scenes of Resurrection 'F' and in Tien's recruitment episode (DBS e.89) - NOT considering the power gaps![/spoiler]
Last edited by Green_Goblin on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:
sintzu wrote:

For some reason they seem to think that the fans want to see more of Roshi fights, as in behind the scenes of Resurrection 'F' and in Tien's recruitment episode (DBS e.89) - NOT considering the power gaps!

[spoiler]This is a whole new level of stupid. One thing is having Roshi fighting minions or random low level fighters, but Jiren? WTF[/spoiler]

Sorry I'm done with this, let's keep talking about the movie.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:55 pm

So, how maximum is Broly's power in this movie going to be?

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:So, how maximum is Broly's power in this movie going to be?
Pass the maximum of maximum ultra instinct.
Last edited by Omniboy on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:59 pm

sintzu wrote:
[spoiler]thats not what i wa stalking about, and while thats kinda bs too, I'm talking about the “Roshi taking on Jiren thing[/spoiler]
Green_Goblin wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:
sintzu wrote:

For some reason they seem to think that the fans want to see more of Roshi fights, as in behind the scenes of Resurrection 'F' and in Tien's recruitment episode (DBS e.89) - NOT considering the power gaps!
YO! But spoilers over that shit. You might get in trouble

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:34 pm

[spoiler]LOL now I've seen it all, roshi giving jiren a run for his money[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:42 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
[spoiler]thats not what i wa stalking about, and while thats kinda bs too, I'm talking about the “Roshi taking on Jiren thing[/spoiler]
It's modern DB being modern DB.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:10 pm

Omniboy wrote:
Pass the maximum of maximum ultra instinct.

Hopefully we get two saiyans with UI 8)
How i predict the tournament will end:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:33 pm

About 45% of Roshi’s full power is my prediction.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:02 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
About 45% of Roshi’s full power is my prediction.
[spoiler]You’re kinda spoiling (or hinting at spoilers) for the chapter that hasn’t officially come out yet. Just a heads up[/spoiler]