Do you want to see Android 17 in the future?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ju-NanaGo

Do you want to see Android 17 in the future?

Post by Ju-NanaGo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Sadly I doubt he will be in the movie but what about a future series?

I still think he has a lot of potential as cast member... We have his family for example to be shown and I want to see him with the cast outside of serious studd like the To?

With Goten and Trunks we have perfect people to take care of his island in the time we will "need" him

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Do you want to see Android 17 in the future?

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Yes, I would like to see him a little bit more. Instead of wasting time in bringing back boring characters, they should focus a bit on Android 17, as already mentioned, there is his family, his job and they should finally drop the "Lapis and Lazuli" names in the series.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Yes, even if I wasn't a fan of him in Super. I just want to see his family already and I want to see him interact more with 18, Krillin and Marron.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:43 pm

It won't grind my gears, but neither would I cherish his return. It was nice to see him again, interacting with his sister and the rest of the cast, and see how much has he changed. And that's all that they can do with him. Better let him go now with a good lasting impression than become another background character.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Majin Jator wrote: Better let him go now with a good lasting impression than become another background character.
totally agree , plus his life style doesn’t fit with him being in the background.
17 was the best thing of t.o.p arc , let him rest for a longgggg time
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:25 pm

We're yet to see the Cell Jrs in the Anime, so...

17's ending was pretty much perfect though. He boat'd his way through anything into the boat he wanted so much.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:29 pm

I liked what we got form him so I wouldn't mind his return but I also wouln't be upset if he never showed up again as what they did with him was near perfect so I understand if they want to leave him alone.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:49 pm

Ju-NanaGo wrote:Sadly I doubt he will be in the movie but what about a future series?

I still think he has a lot of potential as cast member... We have his family for example to be shown and I want to see him with the cast outside of serious studd like the To?

With Goten and Trunks we have perfect people to take care of his island in the time we will "need" him
Absolutely, he has no reason to disappear anymore and I want him to help some characters get stronger such as maybe 18 or Piccolo.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:04 am

The more main characters other than Goku & Vegeta, the better.

Lupin Vegeta

Post by Lupin Vegeta » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:22 pm

absolutely. i'd love to see him filling the support role in future arcs. now that they've invested all of this time into developing him it'd be stupid to leave him on the island.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:32 am

He was pushed to unrealistic absurd levels and he's too "perfect" in Super, so no, not really personally.

Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:03 am

A nice filler arc with him or him having a nice cameo in a main arc would be at beast of how I use him. Also, having those cell juniors be tamed by 17 is an good addition I would like the anime to implement.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:29 pm

No, not really, unless they retcon his power and lighten his character up.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Of course I want to see the MVP of the ToP back! An Android 21 would do that nicely
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Sure why not, I would like to see his family otherwise it would be waste if we never see them.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:12 am

Didn't care for him nearly as much as a lot of fans did. My question to the idea of him returning is how #18 could be written in a way so as to rise to prominence as well. After all, she's got the same genetic modifications and infinite stamina as #17. Her stoical self-motivated interest for worldly wealth sets her apart from most of the actively remaining cast. She doesn't nearly feel the same humanitarian compunctions as someone like Goku or arguably even Vegeta. Hoping to galvanise the young cyborg into fighting in future conflicts could make for its own undercurrent to her characterisation.

My responce is that if #17 is going to come back then I would prefer to have #18 properly written to stage her own grand debut onto the scene. They have their own dynamic as siblings inclined to cooperate with one another in combat that would serve to provide more interest the supporting cast outside of the primary two Saiyans.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:17 am

The 2 letters after M. NO! he was the most annoying character in this last arc, he was pushed all over the place. Enough is enough.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:32 am

17 is one of the strong points of the Top, now that they brought him back and gave him some char development, to drop him like an old sock would be a waste imo lol

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 am

Ju-NanaGo wrote:Sadly I doubt he will be in the movie but what about a future series?

I'd be more than thrilled to be honest! my favorite character eveeer!!

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:02 am

Green_Goblin wrote:The 2 letters after M. NO! he was the most annoying character in this last arc, he was pushed all over the place. Enough is enough.
"I'm mad because my favorite character wasn't in the tournament so i'm going to bash the one who actually shined" bascially you lol it's not 17's fault that he's more charismatic than the other supporting cast!