"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:25 am

Can't say I was expecting a create-a-character option. I'm...intrigued, depending on how it's done. I just hope it doesn't take away from how many other franchises get represented overall (though admittedly, I'm already worried about that with the addition of Sabo and him being our FIFTH confirmed One Piece character. If we get Ace, Akainu, and Hancock back from J-Stars, then that's EIGHT One Piece characters, jeebus).

It occurs to me how little we still know overall about the game though, as all they've shown us so far really are fight sequences and possibly very brief story mode cut-scenes. We know it's about the various Jump worlds bleeding into our own, but we don't know much beyond that, or how non-playable character(s) like Light Yagami and Ryuk tie into it all. There's plenty of time for it to get showcased though, we still don't have an actual date or time of year for this game's release, right? Just 2019?

Thinking on the create-a-character option more too, one fun thing that could come from that is character interaction, perhaps something at least on the level of FighterZ where you can have unique dialogue options or discussions with various Jump characters depending on who you team up with. Also, hopefully they get someone who can either vary their artstyle greatly or someone that doesn't have a series represented in the game to design our original character, so that it doesn't look like a character from any particular Jump artist's style.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:57 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:If we get Ace, Akainu, and Hancock back from J-Stars, then that's EIGHT One Piece characters.
Hopefully that increases the chances of other franchises getting that same number which will be more than enough for me.

DB already has Goku, Vegeta and Freeza so the next 5 I want are Cell, Kid Buu, Piccolo, Future Trunks and Gohan.

Naruto has him, Sasuke and Madara so Kakashi, Gaara, Jiraya, Orochimaru & Itachi are a safe bet.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:29 pm

I dunno though, unless we're looking at a roster that's just INSANE in character count, I'd rather get only like three or four characters (if even that) from various franchises and get more franchises overall represented, then get like...eight characters per franchise and get less franchises overall. But that's just me.

Main ones I'm really hoping to see continue to be included at this point that may or may not make the cut are Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, and Fist of the North Star. Still waiting on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and My Hero Academia too, but those are both major properties at the moment so those are likely a given.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:05 pm

sintzu wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:If we get Ace, Akainu, and Hancock back from J-Stars, then that's EIGHT One Piece characters.
Hopefully that increases the chances of other franchises getting that same number which will be more than enough for me.

DB already has Goku, Vegeta and Freeza so the next 5 I want are Cell, Kid Buu, Piccolo, Future Trunks and Gohan.

Naruto has him, Sasuke and Madara so Kakashi, Gaara, Jiraya, Orochimaru & Itachi are a safe bet.
Where did you see Madara?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:13 pm

jcogginsa wrote:Where did you see Madara?
He's in the first game so chances are he'll be in this one.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
That's just a theory. Don't treat it is fact

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:32 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It's a proven theory as nearly every Anime sequel brings over the 1st game's content.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:39 pm

sintzu wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It's a proven theory as nearly every Anime sequel brings over the 1st game's content.
No, they don't. And we have no reason to consider Jump Force a sequel to J-Star

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:49 pm

jcogginsa wrote:No, they don't. And we have no reason to consider Jump Force a sequel to J-Star
I guess time will tell which of us is wrong.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:59 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
sintzu wrote:
jcogginsa wrote: That's just a theory. Don't treat it is fact
Actually. There are many reasons
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:41 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Which are?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:42 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:
Which are?
It being from the same developer, looking and playing similar to Jump stars and having the same concept.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:47 pm

sintzu wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Actually. There are many reasons
Which are?
It being from the same developer, looking and playing similar to Jump stars and having the same concept.
No, they don't look similar, and J-Stars is not the first Shonen Jump Crossover Game so sharing a concept is no indicator.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:48 pm

I suppose the Switch can't graphically handle this game but BANDAI/Spike could port J-Stars Victory VS+ to it at the very least, and with bonus exclusive characters as an incentive.

Jump Force really looks amazing and probably's a ton of fun too considering I've always enjoyed Spike's Tenkaichi and Raging Blast games. Dimps should go back to developing 2D fighting games and leave 3D ones for Spike.

EDIT: It'd be pretty fucking awesome if Saitama (One Punch Man) would be a playable character. :)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:54 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:
Which are?
Same developer, same producer, same concept, similar gameplay, Jump Force just so happened to start development around the time J-Stars Victory Vs + (the new and improved J-Stars game) was released. And yes, they look similar in the sense that both take more of a realistic approach. And most of the characters we’ve seen have had the exact same attacks they had in J-Stars.

Its pretty obvious.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:59 pm

sintzu wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:
sintzu wrote:
"Proven theory"? I... what?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:03 pm

Ah yes I also remember when J-Stars was a 1v1 with 3v3 Marvel VS Capcom character style 3D Arena Fighter and not a 2v2 Gundam Versus style 3D Arena Fighter.

Jump Force isn't a sequel to J-Stars, it's just yet another game celebrating Jump.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Quebaz wrote:Ah yes I also remember when J-Stars was a 1v1 with 3v3 Marvel VS Capcom character style 3D Arena Fighter and not a 2v2 Gundam Versus style 3D Arena Fighter.

Jump Force isn't a sequel to J-Stars, it's just yet another game celebrating Jump.
Sequel? Not officially. But you’d be blind if you think that its not at least a spiritual successor and that J-Stars isn’t Jump Force’s foundation

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:21 pm

The Theoretical Maximum is now 5. I have two predictions, one that assumes that only characters from the original roster are available, and one that assumes Super characters can be used

1. Goku, Frieza, Vegeta, Android 17, Piccolo

2. Goku, Frieza, Vegeta, Hit, Beerus

Now for the other series

Hunter X Hunter: Gon, Hisoka, Kurapika, Killua, Meruem
Naruto: Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno, Kakashi Hatake, Madara Uchiha
Bleach: Ichigo Kurosaki, Rukia Kuchiki, Sosuke Aizen, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Kenpachi Zaraki

Now, to speculate on Series that haven't been confirmed yet. I don't actually believe all of these series will get five characters, but I'll pick out five for sake of completeness

Jojo's bizarre Adventure: Dio Brando, Joseph Joestar, Josuke Higashikata, Giorno Giovanna, Jotaro Kujo
My Hero Academia: Izuku Midoriya, Katsuki Bakugo, Shoto Todoroki, All Might, All For One
Yu Yu Hakusho: Yusuke Urameshi, Kazuma Kuawbara, Hiei, Kurama, Toguro
Toriko: Toriko, Coco, Sunny, Zebra, Midora

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:25 pm

The S wrote:
sintzu wrote:
jcogginsa wrote: That's just a theory. Don't treat it is fact
"Proven theory"? I... what?
DB's games carry over characters from the previous ones. Naruto's do the same thing. I'm pretty sure everyone in the first 2 one piece warriors games were carried over to the 3rd one.