Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:06 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:It's possible that the CG action scene could get traced over later on to turn it into traditional animation. It's pretty common and happens in movies like Battle of Gods. Yoshihiro Kanno's scene from that film had 3D models of Goku and Beerus fighting through the city, but was traced over for the final cut.
[spoiler]

Image[/spoiler]

Similarly, One Piece Film Z (directed by the director for this new Broly film, Tatsuya Nagamine) has this awesome scene which uses CG, but when the characters are closer in the shot, the CG is traced over so that it'll look like traditional animation. I feel like Nagamine will use the same approach for this Broly movie, and what we saw in the trailer was only temporary.
That's quite intriguing. I couldn't tell that at all.

Was the same done with the AMAZING sequence between Super Saiyan Goku and Beerus, or was that all Shida being Shida? :mrgreen:
That was just Shida being Shida. :D He’s a God-tier animator, so I don’t think they would have used CG for his scene to trace over later.

I can’t wait to see what he brings to this new film now that he has the time to animate something special.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:20 pm

Herms wrote:They confirm that Kikono is indeed the same character from DB Minus, even noting that he looks older in this new movie.
You realize something is really messed up in the production side when the responsible ones are more concerned about aging a random character than being accurate with Trunks (and Goten and Marron) height. :lol:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:48 pm

...In literally what way?

If you're gonna criticize, please criticize something real and not this fake doomsaying boogeyman you want to make the creators out to be.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:45 am

RedHeat wrote:Some "new" character sheets.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

The creature will also appear in the beginning of the movie.
So one new mystery character down then. At least three to go! I do like the design quite a bit too.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:58 am

Grimlock wrote:
Herms wrote:They confirm that Kikono is indeed the same character from DB Minus, even noting that he looks older in this new movie.
You realize something is really messed up in the production side when the responsible ones are more concerned about aging a random character than being accurate with Trunks (and Goten and Marron) height. :lol:
Not only that, but also the fact that a random new creature was revealed before Gohan. I'm starting to wonder if he, Krillin, etc... will even appear.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:14 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Not only that, but also the fact that a random new creature was revealed before Gohan. I'm starting to wonder if he, Krillin, etc... will even appear.

They will probably get a short cameo, the openingsequence in which Goku is eating or the ending perhaps?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:39 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
I don't believe their VA's have been credited. Trunks & Bulma were well before they were revealed. Nozawa isn't even credited for Goten so he might not even talk!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:25 am

I think that spider might become Broly's lunch. Its legs are the same color as whatever he's eating in the trailer.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
I don't believe their VA's have been credited. Trunks & Bulma were well before they were revealed. Nozawa isn't even credited for Goten so he might not even talk!
Yeah, it isn't looking so hot for Gohan right now when Goten, Trunks and Piccolo have promo posters and Frieza's sassy nanny (the fuck did I just write?) is getting more attention. I won't be surprised if he's busy with other stuff and only appears in the party scene or little snippets here and there. Still, if I were a Gohan fan I think I'd prefer that to him showing up mostly to get pooped on like he did in RoF.

I'm not complaining but I really wonder why Piccolo is getting focus now? Is he going to bring the space ship again? :lol: But seriously, he feels like the odd man out.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:33 am

BlueBasilisk wrote: I'm not complaining but I really wonder why Piccolo is getting focus now? Is he going to bring the space ship again? :lol: But seriously, he feels like the odd man out.
It's not as random as to introduce Jaco in ROF to warn the main cast about Freeza's return or bring Roshi to the frontlines to fight after all those years on the sidelines. :P
The Namekian Book of Legends plotline is my guess.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:56 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: I'm not complaining but I really wonder why Piccolo is getting focus now? Is he going to bring the space ship again? :lol: But seriously, he feels like the odd man out.
It's not as random as to introduce Jaco in ROF to warn the main cast about Freeza's return or bring Roshi to the frontlines to fight after all those years on the sidelines. :P
As a Piccolo fan,I think he’s going to be bulma’s bodyguard.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:29 am

BlueBasilisk wrote: Still, if I were a Gohan fan I think I'd prefer that to him showing up mostly to get pooped on like he did in RoF..
Don't know about other Gohan fans, but this one prefers his favorite doesn't show up to get pooped on..

Gohan has had his fair share of moments in TOP and against Broly(old), don't mind if he sits this out
BlueBasilisk wrote:I think that spider might become Broly's lunch. Its legs are the same color as whatever he's eating in the trailer.
Kakarot? I beat that
Giant spiders? I eat that
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:44 am

Piccolo is sweating in the trailer so I hope he has been asked to do something unexpected like train to become the next God of Destruction as Beerus wants to retire just like Belmond for some reason.
Hawk9211 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
As a Piccolo fan,I think he’s going to be bulma’s bodyguard.
I doubt it will any of these 2 things and it will probably be him coming in to save someone last minute and beating a few Frieza soldiers and then holding of Broly somehow for Goku to do something.

As long as role isn't some sort of Toriyama joke then all should be good.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:50 am

Piccolo will most likely just be there to beat up Freeza's soldiers, then get one shotted by Broly
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:02 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: I doubt it will any of these 2 things and it will probably be him coming in to save someone last minute and beating a few Frieza soldiers and then holding of Broly somehow for Goku to do something.
Save who?! Gohan may not be in this movie. xD
You're one of the biggest Piccolo fans around here, so when you of all people, only expect that from him says a lot.
namekiansaiyan wrote:Piccolo is sweating in the trailer so I hope he has been asked to do something unexpected like train to become the next God of Destruction as Beerus wants to retire just like Belmond for some reason.
Ahhh, now that's much better. :lol:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:10 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: I doubt it will any of these 2 things and it will probably be him coming in to save someone last minute and beating a few Frieza soldiers and then holding of Broly somehow for Goku to do something.
Save who?! Gohan may not be in this movie. xD
You're one of the biggest Piccolo fans around here, so when you of all people, only expect that from him says a lot.
namekiansaiyan wrote:Piccolo is sweating in the trailer so I hope he has been asked to do something unexpected like train to become the next God of Destruction as Beerus wants to retire just like Belmond for some reason.
Ahhh, now that's much better. :lol:
He saves Vegeta and then this. :)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:18 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
RedHeat wrote:Some "new" character sheets.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

The creature will also appear in the beginning of the movie.
So one new mystery character down then. At least three to go! I do like the design quite a bit too.
Wait, I thought there was only 2 mystery new characters t
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:22 am

Long time no see man :)
I'll cut to the chase and say he simply sensed Freeza coming back and that's the reason for his sweat..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:30 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Long time no see man :)
I'll cut to the chase and say he simply sensed Freeza coming back and that's the reason for his sweat..
Basically he shit his pants thinking Freeza might come and touch his bum
More like that sweat is because Piccolo is trying hard to sense Gohan's weak arse power level after entering nerd mode again. :lol:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:34 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: More like that sweat is because Piccolo is trying hard to sense Gohan's weak arse power level after entering nerd mode again. :lol:
Hey, at least he can switch back from his nerd mode, Piccolo's permanently stuck at that nerfed mode :P

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:38 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: More like that sweat is because Piccolo is trying hard to sense Gohan's weak arse power level after entering nerd mode again. :lol:
Hey, at least he can switch back from his nerd mode, Piccolo's permanently stuck at that nerfed mode :P
So what do you think is Gohan's excuse this time? Too weak? Conference? Tien got revenge and made him retire?